1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b0e1c0a0fbed4ca3b5be6a97bb200e4b.jpg

Epic! :rock

Thanks guys! ...btw I bought a couple of these rooted heads and just tried swapping with the HT sculpted hair head on Alien Ripley... quickly changed it back since it looked horrific. Like an early 80s “metal” band. Glad HT went with the sculpted hair [emoji51]
But with a haircut it works relatively well for Aliens Ripley. And I have another one that I’ll have to modify quite a bit to see if it would look better on my Alien3 Ripley.

Was it in this thread that somebody showed us a 3D printed Bishop from Alien3? I remember asking how to get it, but never received an answer. I really really need to get it, so would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction!

DSC09710-001.JPG

So, finally got this set up, took this snap last night so a bit dark. I molded the hair to match the HT style and it looks great. Head needs mods, thin out the short tubular connector to fit the HT ball joint, use blu tac to fill the connector gap inside the head and presto!

Will take more and better pics soon, eventually tie the hair back for final battles. bring on the Big Chap 2.0!

When I reviewed this custom head, I did mention that it comes with extra hair, and the buyer is expected to trim and style it.
Best way is just to look at a good source photo and dive in. Otherwise, it WILL look like Brian May from Queen.

AND~ that ALIENS switch-out looks really good- maybe a bit more trimming off the top though.
I might just have to buy another one to do the same thing for my Rip-Loader.

When I reviewed this custom head, I did mention that it comes with extra hair, and the buyer is expected to trim and style it.
Best way is just to look at a good source photo and dive in. Otherwise, it WILL look like Brian May from Queen.

AND~ that ALIENS switch-out looks really good- maybe a bit more trimming off the top though.

Problem is, especially trimming for Aliens Ripley, that if you cut off too much of the hair the curls disappear and the hair becomes straight. So it’s not really possible to cut the hair as short as it really was for Aliens without completely loosing the curls. Unless you create new ones which isn’t easy. I might try to trim it more with another head, but I can already see that you loose more than you gain if you try cutting it as short as it really was for that movie.

Problem is, especially trimming for Aliens Ripley, that if you cut off too much of the hair the curls disappear and the hair becomes straight. So it’s not really possible to cut the hair as short as it really was for Aliens without completely loosing the curls. Unless you create new ones which isn’t easy. I might try to trim it more with another head, but I can already see that you loose more than you gain if you try cutting it as short as it really was for that movie.
Maybe you got a head of hair that was curled less, the deeper you go- but mine is curled pretty consistently all the way to the scalp,
so my approach is this:

1) Chop off the extra length at the bottom, longer in the back, to match the reference photos.
2) Use a fork to make a (sort of) part. Pull with fingers toward both sides. The part should be on (her) left-of-center.
3) Sweep hair left and right of the part farther to both sides, and trim (her) upper left side shorter than her right.
4) Cut some hair off just above the cheekbones, cutting horizontally back toward the ears, to reveal more of her cheeks and jawline.
5) Lift, clip, and part, to reveal more of her forehead. Steps 4 and 5 will frame her face much more realistically.

The process is more like sculpting, really. In the film Ripley has a visible part most of the time, then sometimes not. I think the reason for this is that the hair directly above her forehead often covers up the part that is behind it, then sometimes that hair is swept to the sides revealing the part.
I just finished mine, and it only took me about 20 minutes. I think it looks pretty good.

I'll post pics soon. In the meantime, this should help a lot:
https://78.media.tumblr.com/aa2703ac...wio8o3_500.gif

Last edited:
The hair looks MUCH better in your pics, pjam. Good job!

Thanks Bro, means a lot coming from you and you know why. :wink1: I spent a bit of time on her because she's an important character to me and I was pretty disappointed when HT killed the rooted hair.

BTW, can anyone guess what else is different (and more film accurate) about it?

I molded the hair to match the HT style and it looks great.
how did you do that. HOW!!!
i got the head, love the face, probably because mouth is sadder and not smirking like HT variant.
but hair drive me insane!
afraid to start cutting, and nothing like "pressing them down for 24 hours" helps.

:clap There she is.... Alien POV looking down at her moving through the catwalks. I can hear her heavy-breathing.

Looks great, Pjam! And I see gold buttons on her shirt.

Gold buttons for the win! Thanks WG, the results are really worth the effort. I figure I have her about 80% there.

Back