1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

oh those thigh gap stands and tube wrists.

yaThgIu.png

wrist.jpg

pTRU1-17134558dt.jpg

bought second 1/6 wrist watch to cover it.

Last edited:

They are some pretty big gaps in the wrist, aren't they? I wonder if mods will throw off the proportions...

That looks good enough! Order placed!

The shadow on the wall has a great Weaver likeness!!! :lol

It's a joke. I like what I see. The problem with wrists is always there, isn't it?

The problem with wrists is always there, isn't it?
not if it's GODLIKE EVERYBODY'S WANTED AND FAVOURITE FOREVER BEST AND ONLY ironmeh line!

iron-man-3-hot-toys-tony-stark-collectible.jpg
ref2-50865.jpg

or may be they PSed them.

Last edited:

It's so embarrassingly bad. Looks like it was buried in Pet Sematary.

On display at Secret Base

13217344_1012927335442541_2957488335452651509_o.jp  g

OK, I must admit I'm quite liking the look of that. Except Jonesy. Jonesy still looks like he was sculpted by someone who'd never seen a cat and only had vague descriptions from a friend to work with.

not if it's GODLIKE EVERYBODY'S WANTED AND FAVOURITE FOREVER BEST AND ONLY ironmeh line!

iron-man-3-hot-toys-tony-stark-collectible.jpg

I really need to pick up that mech test Stark at some point :monkey3

Jonesy still looks like he was sculpted by someone who'd never seen a cat and only had vague descriptions from a friend to work with.
the idea reminded me of this:
General Attributes

Elephants have no knee joints, so if they fall down they cannot get up again. To avoid falling, the elephant leans against a tree while it sleeps. To capture an elephant, a hunter can cut part way through a tree; when the elephant leans against it, the tree breaks and the elephant falls. Unable to rise, the beast cries out, and a large elephant tries to lift it up, but fails. In some accounts, twelve elephants next attempt to lift it, and also fail. Finally a small elephant comes and succeeds in raising the fallen one.

Male elephants are reluctant to mate, so when the female wants children, she and the male travel to the East, near Paradise, where the mandrake grows. The female elephant eats some mandrake, and then gives some to the male; they mate and the female immediately conceives. The female remains pregnant for two years, and can only give birth once. When it is time to give birth, the female wades into a pool up to her belly and gives birth there. If she gave birth on land, the elephant's enemy the dragon would devour the baby. To make sure the dragon cannot attack, the male elephant stands guard and tramples the dragon if it approaches the pool.

The cures obtained from [the elephant] are few in number, the principal one being a salve made of ivory, ground up, which is applied to spots and lines on the face and for whitening the teeth. The blood is also to be drunk by those who suffer from haemorrhage. If the skin or bones of an elephant are burned, the smoke will drive out serpents.

The elephant's life span is three hundred years. They travel in herds, are afraid of mice, and courteously salute men in whatever way they can. They once lived in both in Africa and India, but now only live in India.
which in turn sounds exactly like stupid "yautja"-version descriptions of Predators :)

the idea reminded me of this:

which in turn sounds exactly like stupid "yautja"-version descriptions of Predators :)

I'm with you on this, I preferred it when an explicit backstory for them was only hinted at by trophy racks and flintlocks.

On the subject of things cobbled together from descriptions:

Dürer's_Rhinoceros,_1515.jpg

yep, that was a great bestiary - descripted people's fantasy and wish to make something up a lot better than actual beasts :)
also it's not hinted at only by trophy racks and flintlocks. there were commentaries on old DVDs about bloody parties, love for murder and killing all strongest so that they wouldn't mess the hunt for the main object - who was in his turn specifically angried by killing his friends before him.
oh, and of course unfinished scene of Predator 1 where Predator played cat&mouse with running Dutch. they were mean, vile creatures until fantasy fans stole the idea.

Last edited:

Big wrist gap. Can't unsee it now. :lol

I've got spare wrist pegs from bigger bodies though, so hopefully it'll be ok and the colours will match...

Looks to me more like the wrist isn't pegged in all the way...but then again I don't have any female HT figures so I can't empirically compare. Rey will be the first, Ripley or CW BW will be second, depending on who gets here first.

I LOVE the base though. She isn't heavy on accessories, but the quality of said accessories (minus Jonsey) look excellent.

Looks to me more like the wrist isn't pegged in all the way...

Possibly... they do look very far out. But it'd be a weird coincidence if the wrists weren't pegged in all the way for the Secret Base display, the Toy Sapiens display AND the official prototype photo shoot. :lol

I LOVE the base though. She isn't heavy on accessories, but the quality of said accessories (minus Jonsey) look excellent.

Agreed.

Possibly... they do look very far out. But it'd be a weird coincidence if the wrists weren't pegged in all the way for the Secret Base display, the Toy Sapiens display AND the official prototype photo shoot. :lol

Agreed.

B-Brand-New-Sports-Tennis-Wrist-Support-Weightlifting-Volleyball-Wristband-Bracer-For-Fitness-Gym-Equipment-Free.jpg

I'll use the BW bracelets, ha ha ha.

DSC06623_zps69eea26b.jpg

:mwaha

Man, those PVC pipes for wrists do look ****ing embarrassing for Hot Toys standards.

Big wrist gap. Can't unsee it now. :lol

I've got spare wrist pegs from bigger bodies though, so hopefully it'll be ok and the colours will match...

I does look like they aren't pushed all the way in as the ball doesn't touch the arm. If it is pushed in it looks like it could be shortened and thereby narrowing the gap.
But I also think that a figure like Ripley should have a lot of poseability - more than Pepper For instance.

Back