1/6 Hot Toys - Black Panther - T’Chaka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd gotten this one while it was initially released months ago, crazy how it's just now coming to the states.

Yeah, I've had this bad boy for like 2 months now...crazy that peeps are just getting him now.

I think they made 2 labels for my order or something, the tracking link on my order page hasn't updated at all but I also got an email from UPS yesterday with a different tracking number from Sideshow even though T'chaka should be the only thing on the way, and that one is out for delivery.

Looking mint. Nothing that'll wow you amongst the likes of the heavy hitters we've been getting lately, but still decisively lavish and visually very enticing. The box is one of the best, up there with the Ragnarok and GOTG2 ones.

I'm half tempted to put the T'challa sculpt that comes with the new BP on this and just let that be my Black Panther for the collection. This is such a killer design that I'm genuinely surprised it wasn't the hero suit for the solo film.
e2162159a0bcbbd6714419f4505590a0.jpg

Yo, cool thoughts in your video. There’s actually a deleted scene with T’Challa and Zuri (Forest Whittaker) where Zuri says something about how T’Chaka was getting too fat to wear the suit and was proud that T’Challa took the mantle of BP. And in the comics, the mantle of ruler of Wakanda and Black Panther can be separate.

Really happy with this one, the gold especially has a nice shine on it, very regal. I have far too many figures that are just head to toe black clothing, this at least has some nice pop on the shelf. I'll be happy with this one and my cheap but well articulated Legends 12" BP

ZdMCCAK.jpg

This really is a sharp looking figure. That ML 12” version isn’t bad either, I just wish it wasn’t so small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yo, cool thoughts in your video. There’s actually a deleted scene with T’Challa and Zuri (Forest Whittaker) where Zuri says something about how T’Chaka was getting too fat to wear the suit and was proud that T’Challa took the mantle of BP. And in the comics, the mantle of ruler of Wakanda and Black Panther can be separate.

Hmm that's interesting. I guess the other tribes were just cool with that because he's royalty? Or maybe he did fight for it.

Lol, I did not know about that deleted scene. It makes me wonder how N'Jobu didn't know about Zuri in Wakanda up until the beginning of the film.

Nice! I picked him up at my UPS Center yesterday (he arrived Monday while I was out of town). I love the classic gold accents. I still think they should have gone with that for T'Challa's suit.

Same here I wish they would have used this suit at the end like he should have lost the new necklace and worn this..I really cant stand the new suit the helmet looks like the pink panther from the front the side it looks ok but still not as good as this or civil war

Same here I wish they would have used this suit at the end like he should have lost the new necklace and worn this..I really cant stand the new suit the helmet looks like the pink panther from the front the side it looks ok but still not as good as this or civil war

WOW! I honestly had no idea that even any minority of fans had issue with the look of the new suit aside from the eyes. I’m totally fine with moving to nanotechnology for stuff like BP, IM, IS & WM and completely agree with how Shuri describes asking the people to stop shooting at him so he can put his helmet on.

It’s cool, I’m just honestly surprised to hear any negativity towards the suit (aside from the eyes of course).

WOW! I honestly had no idea that even any minority of fans had issue with the look of the new suit aside from the eyes. I’m totally fine with moving to nanotechnology for stuff like BP, IM, IS & WM and completely agree with how Shuri describes asking the people to stop shooting at him so he can put his helmet on.

It’s cool, I’m just honestly surprised to hear any negativity towards the suit (aside from the eyes of course).

The suit it self I don't mind it just the design of the helmet and the lines on it like the nose section and the eyes just make it look goofy to me and not as imposing as the civil war version..when he's still wearing that version at the start in the jungle I think he looks the best in the whole film

I have no issue with the new suit, it's just the gold accents on T'Chaka are reminiscent of T'Challa's suit from the Christopher Priest run of comics. Now that I think of it, T'Chaka's suit is even cooler, as I don't think the comics version had any gold on the helmet.

Back