1/6 Hot Toys - Black Panther - T’Chaka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought this guy from Timcent...never bought from him before, but have heard great things. Does he double box?

Pretty sure he wraps the shipper in bubble and then brown packaging paper. I don’t think he double boxes, but I’ve never had an issue with his packaging for the few figures I’ve gotten from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woohoo! Mine was delivered today from Timcent...I won't be able to check it out until tomorrow though and see if Mr. Timcent ships with brown shipper or not...

I'll keep you all posted.

Woohoo! Mine was delivered today from Timcent...I won't be able to check it out until tomorrow though and see if Mr. Timcent ships with brown shipper or not...

I'll keep you all posted.

I also bought T'Chaka from him, and for me it came in the HT shipper.

Well, mine did end up coming with the brown shipper and it was packed extremely carefully: double wrapped and then completely taped up. So props to Timcent for the great packing job.

Anyways, initial impression when I opened the box was, wow! This figure simply jumps out at you and I think a lot of it has to do with that royal gold! That multi-color tunic definitely helps. Overall, this figure just demands your attention. Also, I gotta say I was kinda surprised by how bulky and muscular this figure is (I don't own the CW BP, so this is my first encounter with that particular body). I immediately noticed that he was just brolic and quite tall. The arms and especially the legs on this figure are a beast, however I really don't recall the suit from that movie being so jacked.

The only 2 cons I can think of with this figure is that the tunic really restricts posability. If they had the lower portion untied or loosened it would have allowed the figure to pull off a much wider stance, but oh well, not a huge deal breaker. Also, wow, this figure has the stiffest legs I've ever dealt with. I know part of it has to deal with the fact that he's got the original BP suit underneath the legs coupled with the cargo pants, but, jeez, it requires a decent amount of effort to bend the legs.

Overall, I'm loving this figure and so glad I picked him up after initially deciding I didn't need it. Some pics below...and if you're wondering why Deadpool is making a cameo, well that's because they both arrived within a week of each other, so wanted to play around with both. Also the DP comparison illustrates just how large and tall BP is.

EDIT: Sorry about the orientation...I tried to fix it, but for whatever reason it keeps defaulting to landscape...ugh.

20181007_231207.jpg
20181007_231241.jpg
20181007_234425.jpg
20181007_214843.jpg
20181007_214917.jpg

I've purged quite a few pre-orders of late and this was one of the guys to go. I like the figure but I just don't love it (or the character) enough to follow through on the purchase.

I've purged quite a few pre-orders of late and this was one of the guys to go. I like the figure but I just don't love it (or the character) enough to follow through on the purchase.

I understand, I was on the fence as well, but ultimately I'm glad I picked him up.

It’s an exclusive. It will have a brown box by default. Every ex I bought from hk was with brown box. Independently from the seller.

People in Europe that ordered this from sideshow are getting invoices for the 9th. I'm guessing they'll start sending emails to the rest of us tomorrow or Friday.

It’s about time . I forgot I preordered this guy . It’s been like 10 weeks since this released .

It's weird owning this for about a month now and only now are the European/US markets starting to get it.

Sometimes it's nice to buy straight from HK.

I hope you're right about the invoices. This is the last figure I have on order for this year.

Back