1/6 Hot Toys - Avatar: The Way of Water - Jake Sully & Neytiri Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah price is about what I would expect these days. I might pick up the standard Neytiri if they make some improvements to the sculpt, but I definitely won't be preordering.

That's not a bad price for something that should be 18-20 inches tall.

cxaa5a6f9mw81.jpg

I just can't get over the bow size. :lol

It's truly baffling how something like that can get past an entire team and get approved.

rb9nnlp.jpg

BBWWdZ7.png

That's not a bad price for something that should be 18-20 inches tall.

View attachment 617955

Specs say 44cm (17.3") for her (scales to @ 8'8") and 45cm (17.7") for Jake (scales to 8'10"), so if that graph is accurate then they're both undersized. But relatively speaking probably not enough to be an issue for anyone...

Specs say 44cm (17.3") for her (scales to @ 8'8") and 45cm (17.7") for Jake (scales to 8'10"), so if that graph is accurate then they're both undersized. But relatively speaking probably not enough to be an issue for anyone...
Avatar wiki says Neytiri is 8'7" / 262cm which = 43.66cm in 1/6 scale
Jake is 8'11" / 272cm which = 45.33m

So scale wise they're perfect, design wise though... šŸ˜¬

When I first saw pictures of these I thought about Mcfarlane Toys, I don't really care about Avatar and haven't watched the sequel, the fact they made the flying creatures is cool but those figures seems very lazy, especially when you compare the original Jake with Glass eyes, real braids and dynamic expression with this boring version, and this is being announced right on the heels of InArt's Aragorn. šŸ˜¬

When I first saw pictures of these I thought about Mcfarlane Toys, I don't really care about Avatar and haven't watched the sequel, the fact they made the flying creatures is cool but those figures seems very lazy, especially when you compare the original Jake with Glass eyes, real braids and dynamic expression with this boring version, and this is being announced right on the heels of InArt's Aragorn. šŸ˜¬
The fact that these don't really look any better than a figure released 12 years ago is crazy. Step up your game, Hot Toys.

That Neytiri just somehow doesn't look like Neytiri at all. And an ocean floor base is a lovely idea, if it's paired with figures of the sea people who can be put in swimming poses... But for these two? Should be regular floor/forest/rocks etc.

Damn shame I really wanted something from this franchise. Maybe I'll wait and see if they improve them before release.

When I saw them with those joints I thought of Toy Biz's 12" Invisible Woman from 2005 lol...

:chase

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 15-18-15 INVISIBLE WOMAN Jessica Alba Fantastic 4 Movie 12 Action Fig...png

These prototypes are very disappointing and it looks like (Iā€™m hoping) they were rushed out to appease some lawyers somewhere.

Yes the likeness isnā€™t great and there is no mention of Worthington or Saldana in the specs so it may be they arenā€™t going to chase likeness rights. They didnā€™t get likeness rights for Worthington on the first film and given its a cg character it may not be possible or they might not think itā€™s necessary.

I donā€™t think I would want seamless on these figures. Given the size of the them, the standard issues with seamless would just be multiplied.

And the bow? A quick google search or look on the Avatar wiki would very quickly show that the bow is about as tall the figure and I doubt HT just made a mistake like that or just couldnā€™t be bothered given all the other work they put into these figures so Iā€™m guessing they have some sort of technical issue with the size of the bow string. Hopefully they will correct it.

Back