1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Marty McFly Collectible Figure

68345d1445426271-hot-toys-back-future-2-marty-mcfly-1-6th-scale-collectible-figure-bf2.jpg

tumblr_m6v046HDsA1rozk7ho3_500.gif

:lol :goodpost:

The same could be said about the Nicholson Joker. That thing was around for a while and for months could be even found below retail, then they released the Mime version and shocked everyone. [emoji38]
And they've learned their lesson, and they swore not to repeat that mistake ever again :lol

Seriously, They should release this and DeLorean II

But the Mime Joker truly came out of no where

The BTTF 2 Marty we knew was coming, just like the Batman Returns was expected eventually

I think we can add the Aliens line to this, since there have been no updates since SDDC last year?

But the Mime Joker truly came out of no where

The BTTF 2 Marty we knew was coming, just like the Batman Returns was expected eventually

I think we can add the Aliens line to this, since there have been no updates since SDDC last year?
Nothing is sure with Hot Toys these days. They simply follow money and they do have limitations on releases and production.
Showing the sample at the convention doesn't mean it will come out. We all know this now.
BTW, there was a image @ PlasticEnemies facebook. That might be a hint for Alien Ripley announcement.

Don't get me wrong thou. Like I said I really want BTTF II DeLorean

BTW, there was a image @ PlasticEnemies facebook. That might be a hint for Alien Ripley announcement.

Wow, really? I'd given up hope.

I won't hold my breath, but man, I'd sure love to see that figure get a release.

So has this been canceled or what?

I think they'll make this. I don't think they'll make anything else.

So has this been canceled or what?

I think they'll make this. I don't think they'll make anything else.

HT already has the MJF likeness so it'll probably happen. It'll likely be an uninspired effort, however, almost like an obligation. So don't expect HT to knock us on our asses.

Got excited for a moment that this thread was bumped up, but yea I was just wondering about this too. Pretty much the only other figure I have on my want list anymore.

I don't see this happening. No Part II stuff from Hot Toys. I would be thrilled if they did, but
seeing the value of Marty continue to drop and the lackluster Part I DeLorean, I doubt it.

Sad thing is, both of these look superior to the Part I versions
(No open mouth on Marty, better outfit, hoverboard, dynamic stand, Mr. Fusion, hover wheels).

If these do get release, there better damn well be a Doc Brown with them.
Maybe break the bank and do a 3-pack? lol

Given that they went to the trouble of resculpting the head and improving it considerably, I'm pretty confident this will be released at some point. And if HT had no more interest in BTTF it's doubtful they would have continued forward with their first Delorean (which was probably not an easy or cheap thing to produce).

And who knows, maybe they're just waiting so they can release him as a two-pack with Doc. :)

I can say they will realease it probably this year! They have made everything for him such as the new headsculpt new board, you'll probably find they are sorting out licensing stuff.

Because you have the Mattel hover board
Pepsi perfect drink
And of course Nike! Problem is they kindda have to get the permission for the Nike mags because of the fact that you can't just slap on a decal or some paint.
I'm curious to find out if they will do a swap out hair piece for the cap or if it will be removable.

Well if the first Marty figure was a poor seller, they may just choose not to go forward with the second release. Considering the first figure was released well before we knew the second one was definitely on the horizon, there's no excuses for it to have not sold well.

These 80's properties lately have been a little lackluster with sales. RoboCop, T1, Commando and BTTF have all been shelf warmers of late.

Star Wars is the big seller for HT now. Those figures are all selling out rather quickly, which isn't even the case for some of the latest Marvel figures.

The way they are cutting corners on the delorean now, I don't even want them to continue if they aren't willing to put the same effort into it as all those iron man and storm troopers

They need to reboot the movie to make HT pursue these

Not going to happen- first Marty wasn't a big seller so HT shuts BTTFII and Doc and second Delorean down. They want more sellers like SW and Marvel

Not going to happen- first Marty wasn't a big seller so HT shuts BTTFII and Doc and second Delorean down. They want more sellers like SW and Marvel

Yeah I agree this is a non runner also imo. If they were going to release the part 2 marty we would have seen the preorder go up for it already. They definitely should have put the pre-order up on October 21st 2015. That was a huge mistake on their part.

As for the Part 2 Delorean being released I think that depends on the sales of the first one which aren't going to be high judging even by the reaction on this forum alone.

Also lets not forget Hot toys has gotten into the habit of not finishing lines. Just think of all the lines they didn't finish
Neytiri from avatar, the lone ranger, drax from gaurdians of the galaxy, platoon elias, alien ripley, batmobile 66, michael jackson smooth criminal, pirates of the caribbean barborossa, prometheus, robocop cain just to name a few. I just wish they hadn't previewed the second delorean before releasing the first. That was a bonehead move by ht if ever there was one.

Last edited:

As for the delorean I think that depends on the sales of the first one which aren't going to be high judging even by the reaction on this forum alone.

Ho

To be fair, there are likely tens of thousands of people who might buy Hot Toys who have never heard of this forum. Although we do see a lot of differing opinions on here(And of course many people who resolutely agree with each other on many things), It's probably not the best thing to say: "All the people on here don't like it, so it means the world doesn't like it".
Just my own opinion, not an attack on your post.
I have shown the pics of the 1/6 scale D to friends in the modelling community(Who always look at me funny when i tell them i collect "hot toys"), and even though it can totally be said to be somewhere in the range of 20% inaccurate(Either by details that are totally wrong, like the a-pillar, seatbelt buckle, lack of a handbrake, too few cables, etc), are totally united on what it is they are looking at. In a similar way to the Tumbler which had a very basic cockpit that wasn't all that great, HT have gotten to the point where "Meh, close enough" seems to have been reached.
They are business people after all, and must have a hefty R&D cost in all the moulds for this. In a world where a mould for a plastic kettle can be more than thirty thousand pounds, i shudder to think what the cost is just for the tooling on this one. Every single item needs built from scratch and a mould produced.
It will 100% be the reason for the price hike from the Tumbler, that's for sure.
This kind of product will always be straddling a knife edge. It's totally niche. Sure, we are all BTTF fans together in this thread, and i totally understand all you guys when you express disappointment at what's missing. I'm kind of disappointed too.
But it will always have been a gamble. It being made at all tells me that Howard might be a fan himself. And if that is the case, i wouldn't rule out a second Delorean. As the first run will likely cover the mould costs, a second run, with a few extra choice parts, would only make sense.

The same could be said about the Nicholson Joker. That thing was around for a while and for months could be even found below retail, then they released the Mime version and shocked everyone. [emoji38]

One of my favorite figures btw. :)

I font mind waiting for BTTF2 stuff. They have missed the hype in October 15 and I really dont want to buy 2 Deloreans in one year, especially with stuff like the new Batmobile and Iron Monger comming this year too.

Back