1/6 Guyver figure from Max Factory

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Max factory always overprice things. I had some of the older Guyver figures from them not 1/6 scale but were still pricy for what they were.

It should not cost anywhere close to that. Not even Licensing.

I compared it to Marvel Legends 12 inch where a FULLY sculpted 12 inch figure was around 50 dollars. How does this cost $600 dollars? What sculpting justifies this?

NECA does 18" fully sculpted figures 100-120 dollars. Just crazy by Max Factory.

To put it into perspective its 10% more expensive than the Batman and Superman combo pack by Hot toys :slap

Does Goodsmile do everything in house? or do they have factories in China? Do they hope to only sell a few?

The copy for the figure suggests it's a passion project of the president of Max Factory, and that Takaya himself was involved with almost every aspect of the production. Maybe they're trying to market it to real diehards based on all that - if that's the case, then the QC is going to need to be really good.

With that money, I can buy both Kamen Rider Black sun figures with LED light up and all kinds of gimmick + super nice detailed sculpts.
220134gh8788dhtzhue2nh.jpg

220706mwwl9q1gref9yfeg.jpg

Actually I rather do that now.
That old Max guy is crazy! I'm not gonna give money to Yoshiki Takaya (the Author) for his retirement fund when he just abandoned his manga and left his fans.

Last edited:
Really upset about this.
This is exactly how I feel. So upset to see this unjustifiable price after waiting so long for the final reveal. Usually, I just feel a bit disappointed if a figure is out of my price range, then I move on. In this case, I cannot see anything about this that could possibly explain it being $600, even if reputable people were heavily involved. I was REALLY looking forward to the preorder for this. I don't care about light up features and they can often fail in figures anyway, plus there is not even a second head sculpt. I know Max Factory tend to be pricey, but this is beyond ludicrous.

Wow, more expensive than a DX Soul of Chogokin Mazinger or a 1/6 scale hot toys vehicle. Wonder what justifies this high price? The long delays to reach production phase? The development cost? IP cost? Collectibles manufacturers need to live in the real world. Super disappointed in the pricing, gona pass on this

The copy for the figure suggests it's a passion project of the president of Max Factory, and that Takaya himself was involved with almost every aspect of the production. Maybe they're trying to market it to real diehards based on all that - if that's the case, then the QC is going to need to be really good.
Doubt the QC is good. Figure will feel light and brittle with no die cast. I'm thinking like Medicom RAH. With that price, most of it will go to the author. I won't support this. The manga is not even finished and he's doing this thing. Not even an alternate head! Nothing justifies this. Sorry if it feels like an angry message but I am upset. I hope this tanks lol. So they know what they're doing with this is not a good thing.

imagine waiting 6 years for the product which is coming in may 2024
the pics i attached are from Wonder Festival Winter Event from 2018-2019
i thought it would cost 150$ to 299$
imagine spending 623$ on Guyver 1 then another 623$ on Guyver 3 then they abandon the figure line like they did with original Guyver line Before the figma series took over which was also abandoned.
they complain Figma Line is dead, it was overpriced and was bootleged to death in china, why cant Bandai or Hot toys Produce the 1/6th scale? Prime 1 has 1/4 statues why cant another competent company take license

how does 600$+ Translates to All plastic No metal parts, no Sho face piece like the original releases, No damaged parts or Chest fire Effects accessories
i hope nobody buys this to make them tank more and release the license to another studio

Attachments

• wonder festival 2018.jpg
    wonder festival 2018.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Wonder Festival 2019 Winter.png
    Wonder Festival 2019 Winter.png
    254.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Guyver and Zeorymer figures.jpg
    Guyver and Zeorymer figures.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
it was overpriced and was bootleged to death in china

i hope nobody buys this to make them tank more and release the license to another studio
yeah with that price, someone will bootleg it. I’ll just wait for that lol.

Or, let Threezero have at it. They are the most reasonable with price and quality. It’s right on their alley. If they can’t because of exclusive licensing, let them be bootleged I don’t care😂

Dear lord, that price has to be a joke. Like they saw people complaining about Hot Toys pricing and said hold my beer, right? There’s literally nothing special about it. No alternate head sculpt. No rooted hair. No silicone. No diecast. Just articulated plastic with a few LEDs? That costs the same as a PS5 plus a game? That costs the same as two Hot Toys? That cost as much as a premium InArt figure with rooted hair? That costs nearly as much as the 1/4 scale Prime 1 Guyver statue? They’re ******* joking, right? $600 for a character from an incomplete manga that hasn’t gotten a new chapter in 7 years? As a life long Guyver fan I’m so relieved this was a very stupid joke. I can’t imagine Takaya would be a part of such an insulting cashgrab while giving fans **** all else.

Gonna keep ragging on this just to feel better, but I’m comparing what I see to the Moshow figures I’ve purchased that Good Smile also licensed.
REVIEWMoShow172MCT-J02KainoTigerTakedaShingen_6_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Nearly a foot tall, covered head-to-toe in diecast metal, incredible engineering, immaculate paintwork and detailing, hundreds of moving parts, LED-light features, huge magnetized stand, loaded with magnetic latch-on points, impressive sliding joint mechanisms, modular moving weapons, lots of alternate hands, alternate head and helmet display pieces, weapon storage and separate display stands, massive and hefty and shockingly poseable… and I paid less than $200 for figures in this line.

There is absolutely no way The Guyver is 3x the value of a masterpiece like this.
7ca0bb45-2792-4df0-a6de-55f9fba942c4.jpg

Last edited:
Back