1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it’s the price that’s making this a harder sell.
Yeah that make sense.. But, I mean, he's huge! And the sculpt is soo good..

:lol that sucks. you must of saw that 2-pack.

I believe the movie bombed, I'm not sure if it got a wide theatrical release so maybe that is why the film did not screen in your area.

Also comic book content was not as mainstream or pop culture relevant in the early 1990s as it is today.
I think it's the single figure here:
s-l1600.jpeg

CMIIW, but later on they tried to cover her face with a sticker... Can't remember for sure.

The complaints are more about what you get for the price being asked; value and not about production numbers. You can produce a 1 of 1 limited edition turd asking 1 million dollars for it but the fact that it is a turd, a 1 million price tag makes it overpriced.
Exactly. After I unboxed Batman (what a beautiful figure -- but HORRIBLE QC), the price you're paying is ridiculous. Sideshow, TZ, Blitzway, Hot Toys, they've all had issues but they have great customer service and the quality is usually great.

I'm not surprised Mondo isn't sold out of anything. I'd buy the whole line but it's too much of a crap shoot in terms of the quality you get. These figures are stunning but not when Funko/Mondo expects you to settle for damaged parts and has almost doubled their pricing. None of the other companies have doubled. They gone up by 20 or 30 dollars in that time. If you want high ES and $250 a figure, then have a QC department who makes darn sure each figure is perfect. Only then would I buy again. I'll keep an eye out on the quality you all get when you receive yours :)

I think some of you over estimate the demand for BTAS collectibles.

Batman Redux is still available at $220

Exclusive Catwoman is still available at $165

Joker is still available at $225

Man-Bat is almost is closer to $300. He’s super niche and a C-list villain at best. That’s asking a lot. Making him “limited” is a FOMO tactic to get people to pull the trigger because otherwise, he would never sell through.

Phantasm will be the same way. Hell, Robin, Two-Face and Batgirl will be the same way.

They need to get around to doing Superman ASAP, although BTAS was the better cartoon.

I’m still shocked by the Harley and doubly by Man-Bat. This line has felt done 2 or 3 times over the years. I want them all, so I’m glad it’s still going, but I really don’t understand why…

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a Robin yet. For me Man-Bat is a personal favorite character but the price is too high for me to jump in on.

Man-Bat is almost is closer to $300. He’s super niche and a C-list villain at best. That’s asking a lot. Making him “limited” is a FOMO tactic to get people to pull the trigger because otherwise, he would never sell through.

Phantasm will be the same way. Hell, Robin, Two-Face and Batgirl will be the same way.
All the more reason for Mondo/Funkp to get their terrible QC together. So the small amount of people like us that do want these figures don't give up on the line (like I am doing, for now). These figures aren;t cheap. They're supposed to be collectibles and not discount defect pieces. Let these new BTAS figures be peg warmers and then maybe Mondo/Funko will start raising the bar on quality and not just money grab ES and shockingly increased prices. Again, no other company has raised their pricing nearly this much in the last two years. Take my money but I want QUALITY

Stepping off my soap box now. Enjoy the rest of CCon, all :)

:lol that sucks. you must of saw that 2-pack.

I believe the movie bombed, I'm not sure if it got a wide theatrical release so maybe that is why the film did not screen in your area.

The figure was the one batsheva posted, it like the Shadow/Madonna figure from Dick Tracy is a now classic examples of big spoiler toys from the era.

Phantasm was released on a small number of screens at Christmas 1993 in the USA only with minimal marketing so was never going to be the hit it deserved to be.

I am in Australia and we have to wait for a video release to see it which was a few years later, and again the tape was not widely available to purchase. I know I had to wait till 1997 to see it.

IMHO,
For Batman, it's because there's not much of a change other than he's being slightly taller.
Most people who love the line has already have a Batman. I think the most sought after is the black n grey one, even though it's shorter than the Joker.
Catwoman, well, the sculpt itself is not good enough, as a member here said as well. Overall the figure itself is not tempting enough.
As for Joker, well, the deluxe sold out really fast. So I think most people who didn't manage to get the deluxe is still hunting for the dx version with a good price instead of giving up and buy the reg one.

The figure was the one batsheva posted, it like the Shadow/Madonna figure from Dick Tracy is a now classic examples of big spoiler toys from the era.

Phantasm was released on a small number of screens at Christmas 1993 in the USA only with minimal marketing so was never going to be the hit it deserved to be.

I am in Australia and we have to wait for a video release to see it which was a few years later, and again the tape was not widely available to purchase. I know I had to wait till 1997 to see it.
Same goes for me here, we didn't have the movie on the big screen. I remember we got spoiled by the figure, and then finally watch the movie via laser disc years later.

Phantasm looks great but don't see the point of those black and white variants. I still need to get Batman and Joker. Have Harley on a payment plan.

Waiting on the refund for the terrible Mondo Batman Redux I received. Please everyone post pics of the quality of the items when you receive your figures. I'm concerned with the Funko reviews I've read but if you receive great QC on your items, I'll dive into the line again as the designs are awesome

Only figure I really Want from Mondo is the Joker SDCC. I just need those extra heads. Been holding out hope.
Manbat was really a cost thing. I have to cut costs somewhere as I spent 10s of thousands on 1/6 scale past year.

Only figure I really Want from Mondo is the Joker SDCC. I just need those extra heads. Been holding out hope.
Manbat was really a cost thing. I have to cut costs somewhere as I spent 10s of thousands on 1/6 scale past year.

Are you a new 1/6 collector with new POs while also catching up on all the old figures?

10’s of thousands is a lot for just a few months of collecting.

1/6 figures are relatively affordable compared to statues in larger scales but I can see where 1/6 can get expensive, especially when factoring in vehicles like the BatWing or Ecto-1 which are around two-grand each.

I am new meaning the past 3 years.

I buy a lot. For example top of my head past year, Two Mad Max's, Charlie CHaplan, John Wayne, Dutch Scahffer.....all of them already over a grand.
Classic Suit Siderman, Mysterio.....ect

You can see how it will be 10's of thousands....

Back