1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20230813_122950_Instagram.png

I could be persuaded to buy Phantasm. Of course I would need Batman to go with her. Might be what finally gets me to buy into this line.

I really want to **** on Funko because they did Mondo dirty on the posters/records side of things, but as far as the toys go, we’ve gotten like 3 figures unveiled/up for order in 1 year vs. nearly 2 years between figures. I’m kind of hyped to see where this line goes.
They even a showed 90's Cyclops and Rogue for their X-Men line + Spider-Man from the 90s Animated Show. It’s crazy how deep they’re going with all this. I really thought this entire animated stylized line would be something they do 1-3 main characters from before stopping.

I think theres a really high chance that they'll get to doing Batman Beyond.

BisWFhy.jpg

They even a showed 90's Cyclops and Rogue for their X-Men line + Spider-Man from the 90s Animated Show. It’s crazy how deep they’re going with all this. I really thought this entire animated stylized line would be something they do 1-3 main characters from before stopping.

BisWFhy.jpg
I’ve managed to steer clear of all the X-Men save for Wolverine on his bed, but I fear I will not be so lucky when it comes to Spidey.:lol

As for Beyond, I’ll be more shocked if we don’t see him, at this point.

BisWFhy.jpg
That Spidey is a must have! Still my favourite version of the character.

Is this really a good idea? It would be weird to see a female upper body on top of a male lower half. I think if they wanted to stick to Bruce Timm's design just do two figures.
I think the legs look more male in the 3D render.

When I look at the prototype sample, the legs look quite ambiguous in terms of male or female, so this way of doing it seems fine to me.

IMG_2057.jpeg

I REALLY hope they get their QC together because I love these designs but for now, based on my last experience with Mondo Batman, I've lost all trust in Mondo. Every time I think of ordering, I stop myself to wait and see in-hand pics before I order anything else. Post pics when you get your figs, pls and thx, all

My first thought when seeing this was "I wonder if they'll do a switch out torso for Andrea." Then checked the legs to see if it could work for a female character ("hmm... a bit thick but maybe?"), and then saw this shot below:

:clap Not perfect, but Phantasm/Andrea is one of those characters I'd love to have represented in the collection, and this looks like a solid release. It does make me reconsider selling off my Mr. Freeze figure, but that didn't quite fit in the collection as much as I would have liked. (I liked the box art more than the figure itself)

Awesome collection!

Is that an official animation slide in the frame behind the figures? I've looked at them at a few conventions and would love to get something from BTAS, but any of them I've seen that are great are extremely expensive.
Yes. It’s an original cel from the episode “Over the Edge.” I used to have several from BTAS, but TNBA cels are the ones that I really enjoy. My avatar is from another from my collection.

I’m really thinking about jumping in on some of these. I’ve avoided them to date but I love the show. Of course I know myself and if I buy one it ends up being all that I can get. :lol

Back