Exclusive interview with INART Collectibles Art Director Viper - OneSixthRepublic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What would a DX-like series even be like? Maybe a diorama piece or something, but their Pennywise already had that. Well, I'm curious even if I'm scared to even think of the prices.

Not a lot of Anime I can imagine shelling out for...

Missed the boat on Beserk so a black swordsman Guts would be cool. Cowboy Bebop maybe?

As for Dune I'll get stillsuit Paul, but don't think I'll be getting anyone else.

I'm happy they're here to put Hot Toys feet to the fire a bit, but I'm not sure there's a whole lot in their upcoming line up for me to be interested in.

Akira? I'd be up for a gnarly Tetsuo and Kaneda with bike.

Last edited:
If it's anime I'd want Alucard from Hellsing, but that'll probably never happen. Not really interested in anything else.

What the hell could the Master line possibly be? I’m seriously stumped.
If the contents of the Joker dlx set- two figures, two rooted sculpts, a large metal and wood diorama- or the All In The Batman package don’t meet the Master criteria then what kind of madness are we talking about?!!
Could they actually pull off silicone skin, glass eyes and punched hair in 1/6 mass production?

Silicone crap sounds more like a JND thing.

A DX InArt figure could be anything. None of the things mentioned in the new interview interest me, I'm hoping they have more planned but a year goes by so quickly so we could be here in December talking about two figures making it to in hand.

What the hell could the Master line possibly be? I’m seriously stumped.
If the contents of the Joker dlx set- two figures, two rooted sculpts, a large metal and wood diorama- or the All In The Batman package don’t meet the Master criteria then what kind of madness are we talking about?!!
Could they actually pull off silicone skin, glass eyes and punched hair in 1/6 mass production?
I hope so!

I think a master series could be pretty similar to DX joker (maybe they hadn't the idea to call it Master series back then) or they could artificially limit the number of a figure to say 300 (with certificate) and make it extra expensive (and release a normal version with it)

I think a master series could be pretty similar to DX joker (maybe they hadn't the idea to call it Master series back then) or they could artificially limit the number of a figure to say 300 (with certificate) and make it extra expensive (and release a normal version with it)
Limiting the figure run to something so small must just equate to excluding the western market.

A one-day PO window where you at least have a few hours to decide if you’re taking the plunge is slightly better but any artificial scarcity/exclusivity when they could just do the usual 3 day+ window seems unnecessary and annoying.

Limiting the figure run to something so small must just equate to excluding the western market.

A one-day PO window where you at least have a few hours to decide if you’re taking the plunge is slightly better but any artificial scarcity/exclusivity when they could just do the usual 3 day+ window seems unnecessary and annoying.
Well there are already companies out there who do just that. Last year I preordered a full plate knight figure that was limited to 200 pieces worldwide.
And last month Coomodel just announced a knight for preorder with a limited edition of 300 in black armor on top of the normal version (silver armor) with unlimited preorders.

Look, I'm not gonna say they will do it, but I've seen similar business decisions by companies in similar sectors (like collecting card games). If we talking "collecting" there is a certain area, were companies create things that are only so highly valuable because they are super rare. Collectors buying it because they know they own sth only few others out there have. I don't think the 300 limit is very low if we are talking about $1000-1500 figures. How many collectors would be buying that anyway? I'm sure these figures need sth special to sell for these amounts but it is a possibility.
Like I said, making a series with a Standard $400 Figure and a Master SEries of the same figure, with a second head and a small diorama on top, maybe rooted hair and limited edition to 300 pieces for 1500? Maaaybe. But yeah, I also wouldn't put my money on it, just throwing out ideas what this master series could be ;)

Well there are already companies out there who do just that. Last year I preordered a full plate knight figure that was limited to 200 pieces worldwide.
And last month Coomodel just announced a knight for preorder with a limited edition of 300 in black armor on top of the normal version (silver armor) with unlimited preorders.

Look, I'm not gonna say they will do it, but I've seen similar business decisions by companies in similar sectors (like collecting card games). If we talking "collecting" there is a certain area, were companies create things that are only so highly valuable because they are super rare. Collectors buying it because they know they own sth only few others out there have. I don't think the 300 limit is very low if we are talking about $1000-1500 figures. How many collectors would be buying that anyway? I'm sure these figures need sth special to sell for these amounts but it is a possibility.
Like I said, making a series with a Standard $400 Figure and a Master SEries of the same figure, with a second head and a small diorama on top, maybe rooted hair and limited edition to 300 pieces for 1500? Maaaybe. But yeah, I also wouldn't put my money on it, just throwing out ideas what this master series could be ;)
Now I think of it, even SooSoo have had limited runs of 300-450 figures with the likes of their Gambit and Rogue and they weren’t that hard to get ahold of.

I have noticed that higher end, far pricier limited stuff appears to sell out much quicker though.
Exclusivity must just bring all the money bags.

Love that this was confirmed by John they have 2 Jackson pieces 1 was confirmed to be Superbowl they were doing thriller but decided not too due to doing a bust.

Really hope they do smooth criminal!
Glad they’re skipping Thriller. Unless it’s a two pack with the werecat, the Hot Toys one is good enough for me.

Damn I was left speechless about that sculpt with the moving neck. First time I see it .. holy :horror

I really hope they can do that in the future.. damn

Back