1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had some issues with MONDO before they were acquired, actually. I think it really just comes down to the figures not being very well-made. (As much as it pains me to say it.) I was still on the fence regarding Man-Bat this morning, but after calculating shipping and sales tax, he'd be over $300.00 for me. Taking QC issues into account (What do you wanna' bet he'll be the first figure I have that shelf dives?), and I've ultimately decided to pass. I'm not paying that much money for stress. No matter how much lipstick you put on it. :LOL:
Yeah I'm done too. No excuse at those prices for Mondo to not send replacements. Batman looks great but dents all over him, scratches, chest piece was awful and had weird grooves. What made me most PO'd was the passive agressive CSR trying to con me with 30 off to help clear out defective stock. It was like "take it or leave it, or return at your expense." Just awful. If I ever needed to sell Batman again, no one would want to buy him in his defective condition. He goes back and I'm never looking back. Mondo designs beautiful figs but their quality and new service is crap.... I hope people have better luck with the Con items.

Yeah I'm done too. No excuse at those prices for Mondo to not send replacements. Batman looks great but dents all over him, scratches, chest piece was awful and had weird grooves. What made me most PO'd was the passive agressive CSR trying to con me with 30 off to help clear out defective stock. It was like "take it or leave it, or return at your expense." Just awful. If I ever needed to sell Batman again, no one would want to buy him in his defective condition. He goes back and I'm never looking back. Mondo designs beautiful figs but their quality and new service is crap.... I hope people have better luck with the Con items.
I just look at the Mondo shop, and they still offer Batman on their site.
If yours are the Batman redux, then you can just point it to them that you can still see it for sale on the website, so they must HAVE it in stock.

I had some issues with MONDO before they were acquired, actually. I think it really just comes down to the figures not being very well-made. (As much as it pains me to say it.) I was still on the fence regarding Man-Bat this morning, but after calculating shipping and sales tax, he'd be over $300.00 for me. Taking QC issues into account (What do you wanna' bet he'll be the first figure I have that shelf dives?), and I've ultimately decided to pass. I'm not paying that much money for stress. No matter how much lipstick you put on it. :LOL:
No, I was talking about the good customer service. QC for Mondo figures has never been particularly good.

No, I was talking about the good customer service. QC for Mondo figures has never been particularly good.
Sorry. I wasn't very clear. I had issues with the customer service in response to the issues with quality control. (I just had issues all around. :rolleyes:)

Is this a regular release or timed exclusive for man bat? I’m still on the fence as I don’t have any of the others from BTAS mondo line.

All I needed and thank you! a decision is made ordered Manbat and I’m ok if that will be my only piece from this line as BTAS 1:6 represents the first episode of the series “On leather wings” 😎

IMG_8585.jpeg

I just look at the Mondo shop, and they still offer Batman on their site.
If yours are the Batman redux, then you can just point it to them that you can still see it for sale on the website, so they must HAVE it in stock.
Thanks, I agree. All I asked for Mondo to do was to send replaceent parts and I could send back the defective parts if they want. The person refused, said they don't have them. Calls themself "mondo support" and won't give me a name of contact for someone else. I'm beginning to think it's an incredibly unhappy customer support worker as it just doesn't make sense. "They" want me to send it back at my expense or give me 30 percent credit. They finally said they would send me a new one (but uninspected) if I send old one back at my expense. Problem is, I would be charged duty again. If they sent me replacement parts, there would be no duty and I'd be happy and would love to keep Batman. Nope. "They" won't do that. No replacement parts.

Good luck guys, beautiful line but I had an awful experience as you can see from the pics I posted. I won;t blame Mondo, but I will blame the TERRIBLE passive agressive CSR rep who wants me to keep defective pieces for 30 off. Not for 80 off. I want a normal fig like everyone does. Thanks for the support and hope you all get great quality figures

Sry for TLDR just bad experience is all and it's not right. Oh well. I'm still happy with all the other companies new stuff :)

Last edited:
Wow Phantasm looks good. I love how they are going deep in the line… but we still need Robin and Batgirl. Still hoping for Batman Beyond too.

The noir figures look really cool, but, after buying every variant thus far? Nope. That’s where I check out…Phantasm, on the other hand? Instant buy. She looks incredible. It also makes me happy to see characters like her and Man-Bat, who weren’t on the original release roster, being released. It gives me hope that we might get a wider ranging line than we thought (personally really holding out hope for a Two-Face and a Clayface in addition to the ones they already announced/teased).

Wow Phantasm looks good. I love how they are going deep in the line… but we still need Robin and Batgirl. Still hoping for Batman Beyond too.
I feel like they’d kill it with Beyond. No one I’ve seen has managed to quite capture the way the animators used shadows and highlights to define that suit and that seems to be Mondo’s specialty, to this point. Robin and Batgirl are definitely a must, though.

(personally really holding out hope for a Two-Face and a Clayface in addition to the ones they already announced/teased).
On SixScaleMafia's stream a couple weeks ago, someone asked about Clayface. They said wait till you see the figure they have for the SDCC exclusive and you will see what direction they are going in.

The general consensus from that is that Clayface is coming.

Dammit. I've been staying away from 1/6 scale and decided Harley Quinn would be my last Mondo fig but I caved and just PO'd this. Why does it have to look so damn good?😡

Back