1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had Mr. Freeze and cel shaded Batman and while I love them for what they are, I think I'm done with the line unless we get a Batman Beyond. Mondo just hasn't nailed down their collectibles yet. Too inconsistent in sizes, paint, and overall presentation/quality. Also their release schedule is all over the place and has been for years, even outside of collectibles.

Last edited:
They've got to have Harley and Joker in the pipeline. Was hoping for some more non-traditional choices, like maybe a Scarecrow or Two-Face.

Not sure what they have the license for, but I'd take DCAU Superman and Justice League.

The sold-out Black Variant of the Batman figure is mysteriously in-stock again at the Mondo Shop. Perhaps some additional units were uncovered when their warehouse was getting deep cleaned due to the Coronavirus.

https://mondoshop.com/collections/collectibles/products/batman-the-animated-series-1-6-scale-figure-black-variant

Thanks for the information and link.
I was on the fence about getting another Mondo Batman but I do like the Black variant and decided to go for it.

Thanks for the information and link.
I was on the fence about getting another Mondo Batman but I do like the Black variant and decided to go for it.

Happy to help, but you better get that order in. They’re down to 12 units left as I post this!

:chase

Anybody know who is releasing after Catwoman? I have Freeze and the Black Batman variant and want to continue the line but I'm not a big Catwoman fan. Is Robin next?

They haven't shown any physical prototypes past Catwoman as far as I know, but concept art has been shown for Robin, Joker, Batgirl, and Harley.

Here's the art that was shown:

TGBIzOg.jpg

I'd love a new Batman. Thinking of a possible Robin or Batgirl, the height thing is going to be bug me especially looking at the art posted above on how they're supposed to be.

I'd love a new Batman. Thinking of a possible Robin or Batgirl, the height thing is going to be bug me especially looking at the art posted above on how they're supposed to be.

Don't take that art as an accurate guide of how they will be. If we're using Batman as the base, then Catwoman and Freeze are completely different in size to what we see in that art. I've done a quip photoshop here to show how the figures actually are in comparison to how that art showed they would be.

IMG_6689.jpeg

The tip of Catwoman's ears are the same height as the top of the flat part of Batman's head. She's pretty much the same height as him. The tip of Catwoman's ears are also roughly the same height as the bottom of Mr Freeze's nose. So you can see they didn't turn out anything like that image. I'd say right now, Batman is undersized compared to Catwoman and Freeze.

Those are 1/12 scale.

Yeah but some people like just having one representation of a character in their collection. I have the Mondo stuff, but if Mafex offers more than TNBA and does a BTAS version, I think my Mondo figures wouldn't have a place in my collection

Mondo just hasn't nailed down their collectibles yet. Too inconsistent in sizes, paint, and overall presentation/quality. Also their release schedule is all over the place and has been for years, even outside of collectibles.

:goodpost: This sums up MONDO entirely for me. In a way, it's nice to not even be tempted by anything they announce anymore. I can just shut that door and move on.

Maybe more opportunity for MAFEX to come out with more characters. 1/12 but articulation is very good with this line and paint is normally no issue.

EJckoxn.jpg

Knowing Mondo (and the state of the world) Joker will be out quite a bit later than next May, but as long as I'm still around, I am getting this clown!

Awesome that it is coming. Surprised it is going to be so long. Would have thought they would have had more of these in the pipeline.

They mentioned in the stream he will come with multiple heads and many accessories, including 2 Joker fish. Still revising headsculpt.

During the Q & A they called out that they have designs for Harley and Batman Beyond and will keep making them so long as there is interest. Spitballed that they would love to make Phantasm and Clayface (as a 20" figure) and Two-Face.

Last edited:
I'd be in for a Batman Beyond.

Can't tell a whole lot from that 3D render of the Joker. So far it doesn't look to bad I guess.

Back