1/4 Scale KNOCKOFF Dark Knight Heath Ledger Joker from FB Sellers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yeah there's ko's of the head sculpt on ebay...but the sellers are using pics of the original HT sculpt to try and flog it...just like they did with the 1/6 Luke,Han and Leia ko sculpts..

Collectors should be aware...that what you see ain't what your going to get...

I can't remember if it was the HT or the SH Figuarts Hulkbuster but they did the same thing. They just sent them like the simplest HB figure they could find, a total scam of course.

Has anyone bought one of those heads on eBay?
I assumed it would be a recast of the hot toys one. I didn?t expect the same paint job as pictured but I intended to repaint it anyway. I saw another user on here has repainted a hot toys head and it looked really good, a much better likeness than the hot toys paint job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just want to make sure we?re on the same page.

I?m not talking eBay recast heads here. These are fully produced video ads running on FaceBook for a complete 1/4 scale Dark Knight Joker with full accessories and stand.

All of the video images in these ads are fraudulently of the 1/4 scale Hot Toys Joker, but the price is $54-$60 US INSTEAD OF $500-$600.

There are DOZENS of these ads on FB and each one is under a different seller name.

Has anyone seen these, or is no one on FaceBook anymore?

I have to believe that the ads are targeting our membership in certain FB groups like OSR and Toche Station, etc, so it?s hard for me to believe that a large segment of the SSF community isn?t also seeing them.

Or maybe it?s just me?

Here?s the ad:

Last edited:
I?m getting that ad on Instagram all the time

Thank you Creasy! I thought I might be losing my mind!

DaveJames, Yes, it’s a very compelling composition!

I just fear for the number of new collectors who might get caught up in this scam because of lack of experience with the hobby. If the comments on these ads are real, there is a lot of excitement for this piece as you might imagine. But if folks think they’re going to get the figure in the video for $54, there’s going to be a lot of anger and heartbreak out there. And by that time all of these sellers will have quietly evaporated into the mist.

And just now we?re seeing the first images of what customers who fell for this bait and switch actually received for their $54. Figuarts:

94034C20-6F99-40AD-9675-039CE78D9A34.jpeg
43F78732-C62F-479A-94A6-024AC6D20439.jpeg
E81E4CDF-E75C-46EA-B8AD-37B646051023.jpeg

Last edited:
Just want to make sure we?re on the same page.

I?m not talking eBay recast heads here. These are fully produced video ads running on FaceBook for a complete 1/4 scale Dark Knight Joker with full accessories and stand.

All of the video images in these ads are fraudulently of the 1/4 scale Hot Toys Joker, but the price is $54-$60 US INSTEAD OF $500-$600.

There are DOZENS of these ads on FB and each one is under a different seller name.

Has anyone seen these, or is no one on FaceBook anymore?

I have to believe that the ads are targeting our membership in certain FB groups like OSR and Toche Station, etc, so it?s hard for me to believe that a large segment of the SSF community isn?t also seeing them.

Or maybe it?s just me?

Here?s the ad:

They are constantly showing up on my Facebook feed. The comments below the ads are people saying how great it looks and how they are going to order one. It?s a complete scam and I just report the ad as a scam.

Not going to lie... if you think you can get an over ?500 figure for around ?50 and are a bit upset by what you get through the door instead, you're a bit of a pleb (that's what, like a 90 percent mark down? EDIT, aimed at the plebs who would do this, not anyone in here).

Not going to lie... if you think you can get an over ?500 figure for around ?50 and are a bit upset by what you get through the door instead, you're a bit of a pleb (that's what, like a 90 percent mark down? EDIT, aimed at the plebs who would do this, not anyone in here).

These ads aren't aimed at experienced collectors like most in this forum, they're aimed at people who are new at the hobby or people who don't have a clue about Hot Toys. If you don't know how much this really costs or have never seen this figure, I can see how one would fall for this. I've commented on Facebook telling people that this is a scam, hopefully it helps someone.

I was going to say that these are more than scammers and would likely take your money and disappear. I'm surprised they actually sent a "joker" product.

Apart from the bad paint job, the recast heads are also smaller. Had an HT Reeve Superman, then I bought a recast head for a Clark Kent custom. When I displayed them side by side, the difference in head size is annoying.

Back