1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yellow stripe on mine... :gah:

Is there any proper replacement out there? I have a second V1 shirt but it doesn't match the quality of V2. Damn!

It’s direct sunlight that seems to cause it,
Iv got two.
The one I kept in the corner that never gets any sunlight, only artificial led lighting is perfect.
The other that occasionally gets some sunlight ( very occasionally-I’m in Scotland [emoji846] ) has got the yellow stripe stain.
Both are in detolfs & bought at time of release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm skeptical about sunlight being the culprit as mine has been in a detolf within a room that gets very rare sunlight since day 1 and I just noticed mine had the yellow stripe. I'm not sure how long it's been there as I never noticed it until just the other day.

I'm skeptical about sunlight being the culprit as mine has been in a detolf within a room that gets very rare sunlight since day 1 and I just noticed mine had the yellow stripe. I'm not sure how long it's been there as I never noticed it until just the other day.

Same here. My room is in the basement with no daylight.

Anyway, it is how it is - any idea for a proper replacement?

It's dried yellowed cheap HT glue. Nothing you can really do about it.

If anybody is interested I have an extra BR Joker 2.0 that I'm looking to get rid of. Forgot I had it in storage

IMG_6050.jpg

Mine too suffers from the yellow stripe down the front and it's never seen the sun. I got a mms079 shirt off ebay to replace it but yet to put it on the figure.
My simply temporary fix which works very well is to undone the shirt and hide the stain by placing the left side over the right. The press studs are now on top but it still looks done up and you can no longer see the stain.
But this should never happen in the first place

Just had a look at my bank robber joker 2.0 today and I seem to have more discolouration on one side of the jacket and the trousers....
Anyone else seen anything like
5ced44be84f368419093d8e705b94923.jpg
9febc4b73decac071a370d42bf89e4ad.jpg
6aed763b60096e4958dcfbe32c5dcba3.jpg
this?
ee23fe439ea15930ccfe706b90ab4377.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 of the brj and both have stain, best thing i do just pose around it nothing hot toys would do for us. I would be shocked if reached hot toys 4 any replacement or even respond at this time.

anyone have luck with a replacement shirt? Mine hasn't happened yet but it seems inevitable. I guess you could get any 1/6 shirt on ebay but ideally would like a 1:1 print match.

Be careful of a seller on eBay by the name of batjetta. He’s tryna sell this figure which has a broken hip joint to an unsuspecting buyer by hiding it and lying if you ask if any flaws.

AA550906-2FAE-461E-A5D5-808D9139EBEA.jpeg

026BA7D5-9B9E-4FEB-B015-949A9D1C3398.jpeg

Luckily EBay took care of me and I was able to get my money back. Was able to buy this figure from another eBay seller MISB. Unfortunately it had the yellowing on the shirt right out of the box but it doesn’t bother me. This is such an awesome figure.

9A4AE2F0-115E-414A-9848-8080505E900A.jpg

141A646E-0B9E-4733-AA94-737F9F92821C.jpg

243FD5C9-47A0-41E2-B908-77D8A70C8513.jpg

Wow, what a cheapass. With the money he spent on shipping, he could nearly cover a replacement body (which is what I would have done). The damage to his reputation is going to be an even heftier price.

Be careful of a seller on eBay by the name of batjetta. He’s tryna sell this figure which has a broken hip joint to an unsuspecting buyer by hiding it and lying if you ask if any flaws.

I had something similar recently. Sold figures for 650. As I was packing them I noticed damage, told the buyer, he asked for discount, sold for 600. A week later, he listed them on eBay for 2,000 and not a single mention of the damage.

^Here is my V1 surrounded by a bunch of shipper boxes, that pic reminded me of him up there. I got sick of looking at him about 4 years ago and instead of selling him i just put him away for awhile. It worked - thinking about getting him out again.

IMG_6092.jpg

..still need to remove that belt

Speaking of broken Jokers:

I have the very first Joker that Hot Toys released and by this point it has two broken legs. I've tried fixing them but it isn't working. Any of you know what body should be purchased to replace the broken one?

That's an old figure. Back in the day, it was the standard "Hot Toys Truetype body," not any kind of specialized one (the narrow-shouldered body wouldn't be introduced until DX01, I think).

I never had that figure myself, so I don't know the skin tone - possibly Asian (the first Bank Robber Joker had Asian skin tone body), not that it really matters, since you don't see the body's skin tone.

There are many more options on the market now, ten years later. Pretty much any "standard" 1/6 figure body will do (not muscular, not specialized, etc.), as long as the pegs for the hands and feet are compatible. I can't be certain, but I'd bet a standard "Hot Toys Truetype body" will still be compatible with ten year-old pegs.

Back from the dead. Did this figure shoot up in value recently? Sold mine a few months ago for less than retail

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That's surprising. Sold out Joker figures always go up if they're the latest version. The 2.0 is selling for $400+.

How is the 2.0 different from 1.0?

Here's a comparison:

Screen shot
joker1.jpg

Actual costume
joker_c.jpg

joker_c2.jpg

Comparison shots been first Bank Robber Joker and 2.0.

I was a bit miffed that this figure didn't have the mask as a separate piece, but you can see why they did it. The mask over the sculpt misshapes the silhouette of the head so it doesn't really look as he was in the movie.

joker2.jpg

Even the bag is hugely improved with a plastic rack as he had in the movie rather than just foam like with the first figure. The bag is a different design too - assumedly more accurate.

joker3.jpg

joker4.jpg

The tailoring is vastly improved as is the material and color of the suit. I think someone above had criticized that the outfit SHOULDN'T be well tailored, but if you look at the original costume and the scene in the movie, it does look like Joker is wearing a bespoke suit.

joker5.jpg

joker6.jpg

The smoke grenade setup was a nice little extra here and looks great.

joker7.jpg

joker8.jpg

I don't know why the first figure came with a belt - but the sans belt is more screen accurate.

joker9.jpg

SOCKS!

joker10.jpg

The head on the 2.0 is the same but has better paint too.

1.0:

Pic from Alex Teo on ToyHaven
heath+ledger+s.jpg

2.0:

Pic from mighty_mike on CollectionDX
Hot_toys+Bank+robber+v2_DX_020.jpg

Last edited:
Back