1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was due to ship on Wednesday next week but I've decided to pull the plug and write off the NRD. I like the figure but I just don't love it, certainly not enough to justify the overall cost of importing him to the UK. And with the upcoming onslaught of MCU figures, that $500 will come in very handy.

Mine was due to ship on Wednesday next week but I've decided to pull the plug and write off the NRD. I like the figure but I just don't love it, certainly not enough to justify the overall cost of importing him to the UK. And with the upcoming onslaught of MCU figures, that $500 will come in very handy.

Cancelling Batman for Marvel, this thread is getting depressing lol.

I'd be all over a new 1/6 Batman Begins.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. As much as I loved the Nolan Batman series plus heath ledger I’m not seeing me canceling my marvel NRDs to a help make payments/ afford these two 1/4 figures. Their nice but I’m not fully in love with them. I’m willing to bet with if a year with lack of DC love we’ll get a 1/6 ledger again that’s a shrunken down version of their 1/4 version and maybe another 1/6 batman...maybe combo pack????

I don’t like how the headsculpt scuffs easily and now the suit gets scuffs..I understand you have to be careful but geez

I don’t like how the headsculpt scuffs easily and now the suit gets scuffs..I understand you have to be careful but geez

I might be one of the few who is lucky enough to get a perfect headsculpt without any scuffs or shiny spots. can’t say I noticed any scuff on the suit also, but I might point out to take caution about using the stand. it will definitely leave marks on the thighs/crotch area

I might be one of the few who is lucky enough to get a perfect headsculpt without any scuffs or shiny spots. can’t say I noticed any scuff on the suit also, but I might point out to take caution about using the stand. it will definitely leave marks on the thighs/crotch area

Come to think of it when I did own the 1/4 TDK figure his head has slight scuffs and some scuffs on the shoulder armor, must be due to shipping or the way they get handled in factory. Yeah the metal crotch grabber wasn’t smart design on a rubber/ vinyl suit

After owning this and playing with it for several days. I must say, I'm liking it more than before.
Though I've seen my friend's figure has shiny spot on the side of the cowl. It looks like it's really a widespread problem, really a shame Hot toys did this.
Also if you happen to own enterbay figure, switching the mouthpiece really makes the figure looks more awesome, for me at least 😉

Opened my figure up over the weekend, I think its fine. The EB seems to look better although I don't have that in hand.

The Bruce Wayne headsculpt looks great. Might try to pull out those damn bats on the display base in the future. Just too lame looking.

If the eyes were movable I would like it way more, but its alright as is. The snaring mouth piece looks ok if he is looking to his side, but straight on looks too weird.

Mine should be here Friday. Really curious to see how this feels in-hand; especially next to QS001 Batman.

Just got mine in today. Had some water damage on the package during delivery, but the contents are safe. Only had time to do a quick check...

7F57ADC2-0F67-4EEC-92FB-CED2288ABD20.jpeg
423BE497-8BD5-4B35-96C5-2F0D6E32FF01.jpeg
889C49C8-10CC-49FD-B3E7-2199C1A33A60.jpeg
722FCDF1-BBC2-469A-9C9C-AB9B58BED557.jpg
C4344313-AC3F-4D4F-BE9C-A9C8D9B93266.jpg
8475E551-8020-4387-9C6A-BF518632A065.jpg

Just got mine in today. Had some water damage on the package during delivery, but the contents are safe. Only had time to do a quick check...

View attachment 428755
View attachment 428756
View attachment 428757
View attachment 428758
View attachment 428759
View attachment 428760

So glade your figure is mint!!! I couldn’t help to laugh at the pic where the box is all busted with the clear word fragile underneath the damaged area! I guess delivery companies lowered the bar on being able to read to do the job haha.. well hope everything is in tip top shape with your figure! Good luck!

What does the suit feel like? Does it feel like soft vinyl like 89 batman/ returns Batman/ hulk figure? Or is it rubber??

Hmm, I don’t have 89 batman but I have hulk... I would say the feel of the suit is more to soft vinyl. It has a smooth, non-sticky touch to it.

When this figure was first announced, I had no interest in it as it’s quarter scale and I was only interested in 1/6 scale. But when hot toys released photos of the final product, I immediately ordered it (partly because it’s my favourite batsuit design, and partly because by that time I’ve preordered 1/4 Ironman mark3, so might as well have another quarter scale to balance out my marvel/dc collection). The figure is pricey even at retail, but I’m glad to have it.

Back