1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. That looks great. I’ve just managed to purchase one parted out to have multiple posing options on my qs001.

That they look awful compared to Hot Toys one. The bottom two look like a poor version of how he looks in TDKR, nothing like BB.
They're not meant to be Bruce Wayne in BB, the last one is from American Psycho, and the one before is from TDKR. IMO they're More accurate to Bale than the one from Hot Toys, which simply doesn't looks like Bale, even if you like more

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

Guys I need some further help or assistance.
I’ve seen people mod and use the enterbay mouth pieces to fit in the QS0001.

Do you think it’s possible that the HT mouth pieces can be made to fit the QS001? I know they have a lot of depth at the back so they could be sanded down but what is the width of the mouth pieces compared to the QS001 cowl?

Again apologisies if I’m using wrong thread.

New clip for 1:4 Batman begins, i've been wondering if batman begins from Hottoys wear the custom cape, should use the new clip for correct position and no need to break the original clip on the cape

1a1a9c37973afa3e2f9b61a10be550a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buddy magnet clips really don’t fit this guy,stock position is totally wrong and can’t be modified

3b2b8c3e0731af7fe5df1254b0a519c5.jpg

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Man, that statement is just pure insanity.

You are blind if you think any of those look more like Bale than the QS001 or QS009.

I agree, I have QS001 and DX Bruce and both head sculpts are awesome. Not seen any of the customs in hand but from the pictures hot toys look better to me

I'm pretty sure you're not aiming for accuracy, yet for personal taste

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

& I like potatoes.
But I like my hot toys batman too resemble the actor
Cuckoo!

Oh right:

2z40j0k.jpg

Where to begin, the first thing was, I had a hard time to find out the picture who looks closer to the HT QS009 :rotfl

*ears way off
*eyebrows shape, wrong
*eyes shape, extremely wrong
*Nose not crooked enough

Man if you can't see any of the things I see, then I guess I just have a more precise eye

Oh right:

2z40j0k.jpg

Where to begin, the first thing was, I had a hard time to find out the picture who looks closer to the HT QS009 :rotfl

*ears way off
*eyebrows shape, wrong
*eyes shape, extremely wrong
*Nose not crooked enough

Man if you can't see any of the things I see, then I guess I just have a more precise eye

You can kinda say that for the 'accurate' one too. The face doesn't seem long enough, eyebrows are wrong if your look closely, face is a little too wide. Christian Bale looked very different throughout TDKR (hair, expression, etc.), but Hot Toys can only choose one look, one expression changes a person's look a lot, and no matter how much anyone tries, a head sculpt can not be perfectly in line with a particular movie still. Hot Toys make a general head sculpt of what the person looks like and to my eye, this one is very good.

I remember seeing Batman Begins and the QS009 is a very very good likeness in my eye. You have to remember that it's not meant to look like him from one particular shot, it's just a neutral face of Christian Bale from the film. The hair is neater on the sculpt than the movie still, it looks almost as if it's been gelled. The shading is different, and shading effects a lot on how a figure looks, if you're going for a specific look from a movie still, the shading has to be the same. As for that picture of Bruce Wayne, not only is the hair and expression different but also the shading. His hair effects how big his ears look, shading effects how his nose looks etc.

I bet if you look at different pictures of Bale from that film you will see him look very differently, Hot Toys have to pick one look. Taken under the right circumstances, the head sculpt looks stunning. You can't compare pictures with the head sculpt at different angles. Hot Toys have done one of Christian Bale's many expressions, and that's all they can do, so has the other sculpt you have shown, they're both pretty good.

BATBEG2__97082.1501798539.1280.1280.jpg

From this angle it is absolutely perfect, and I think overall not only is it a great sculpt, but Hot Toys have a tendency to impress me when the product arrives in hand. Obviously it'll look weird in a few angles, because it's not a real face, but that goes with any head sculpt, I think Hot Toys have done a great job with this one personally. The Enterbay Bruce Wayne looks way off at certain angles, but from some angles it's got a pretty ok likeness. If this one is bad, then that one must be terrible.

Hey everyone. My 1/4 BB arrived and I’m a little ticked off given the condition it arrived in. Below is a picture and since I have packouts requested on my orders I’m guessing SS decided they weren’t doing that for this figure. That sucks, and I could tolerate it if it didn’t appear as though the box was opened and then taped back up. Has anyone else’s figure arrived like this and is it worth complaining to SS about? Thanks in advance!84D8C453-6D2D-4E33-8F9C-40FDC130FA52.jpg

If you paid extra for pack out and they just shipped it in its shipper... that's just straight up theft. They messed up big time.

Well just today I received a mail that my figure will be arriving in a few days and my final payment is scheduled for the next Wednesday, I hope the figure won't arrive as yours =S

Back