1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes there HT’s clips I’ve removed them
All I’ve done is remove the connecting socket inside the HT’s head
remove the socket in the EB’s head.
By using the HT’s socket you need to trim it down a little bit on the top so it fits inside the EB’s head
So I can use all 4 heads EB’s plus HT’s if I want to change

I think it looks better with the HT cowl, maybe the EB mouth plates but definitely the HT cowl. Only thing I now prefer with the EB cowls are the sideways looking eyes. Cape is a huge improvement if you plan to display him in the cowl.

This is what I mean with changing the heads now
3860CEBF-9DC4-4EFE-82BA-B3D55BD31015.jpg38F5D904-839C-422F-80F0-7CA4259DCC6C.jpgD48E8F68-0577-46F6-BA5E-863294900A93.jpgA73943A5-E801-4F2A-85E2-7FB28B9B8CE3.jpg

Mine is on his way to me now, should be here this afternoon… picked up a used Enterbay Bats
and ordered a custom velvet cape for him, as well (which will probably still be a couple weeks).

Even with the wait for a cape, still excited to see him in-hand for myself! :yess:

Thanks Dean Knight for the suggestions in your YouTube video(s), works great on the Neca body:

9862510cbfaced3577551328399fa391.jpg
3021aa9300b6859371d0f3fa420c7035.jpg
bac0c34ddb87c3e04ab8554779fb65a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not understanding the love for the Neca figure. The joints are hideous.

There’s a lot to love when you only spend $100 and get a decent representation of Batman IMO.

The ****ers at HT are charging $600 for this half assed attempt that needs parts from the EB AND the NECA one to look somewhat decent.

A joke.

There’s zero need to get this if you already own the superior EB version.

Not understanding the love for the Neca figure. The joints are hideous.

thank you. exactly how i feel! it’s basically a 6” figure blown up. it’s not HTs or EB level. the joints and chest articulation kills it for me. mixing them all together doesn’t look good to me at all

but if u guys like it that’s your choice. :)

There’s a lot to love when you only spend $100 and get a decent representation of Batman IMO.

The ****ers at HT are charging $600 for this half assed attempt that needs parts from the EB AND the NECA one to look somewhat decent.

A joke.

There’s zero need to get this if you already own the superior EB version.

Where are you getting $600 from? It's a little over $400 in HK and $485 at Sideshow/US retailers.

Anyways, mine should be arriving on Monday :yess:

thank you. exactly how i feel! it’s basically a 6” figure blown up. it’s not HTs or EB level. the joints and chest articulation kills it for me. mixing them all together doesn’t look good to me at all

but if u guys like it that’s your choice. :)

Personally I think the NECA looks pretty damn good with the new HT cowl.

Personally I think the NECA looks pretty damn good with the new HT cowl.

well like i said it’s the joints and chest articulation that kill it for me. the HTs cowl looks awesome so it’s gonna look good on it.

I picked up the Enterbay BB figure cheap, and sold it back off 2 days later… I ended up using ZERO parts from him
for the Hot Toys figure.

I know it is blasphemy to rag on "The Beast"… but to me, everything about the Enterbay one just seems cheaper-made than the Hot Toys one.

- The cowl is much smoother, thicker from the side profile and has WAY BETTER eyes than the Enterbay cowls (even without PERS).

- For the Christian Bale headsculpts, I give the win to QS001 over both the EB and QS009… just has a grittier look to his face. The QS009 is definitely a "young" Christian Bale, though.

- The body underneath the suit is so much more solid and articulated than the EB body.

- The suit is not as glossy as pics make it look, in-hand I think it looks more defined than the EB suit. Matte finish would have been a bit better, but I don't mind it as-is.

- Even with the moveable "panel", the HT gauntlets are much more solid and the pointed parts are not gummy and soft like the EB gauntlets.

- The Hot Toys boots are better designed and more flexible than EB boots.

- Both capes SUCK. My custom one showed up early, and after getting the threads ripped out of the HT cape, removing the magnetic cape clips, they work fine to hold the custom cape in place.

- Both bases SUCK. HT seems like they were trying to be "cute" with the diecut plastic bat cluster pieces… but it's not. AT ALL. The EB base just being a hollow block of plastic does it no favors, either. I would not use either one, but outside of a select few, I am not a fan of most bases -- outside of the HT dynamic stand and the three HT 1/4 Iron Man bases.

- Weapons are pretty much a draw, though the plastic used on the HT ones seems sturdier, but no sticky bombs included like the Enterbay one.

- The HT belt is the wrong color 100% for Batman begins, but after watching the Dark Knight yesterday, it seems like they used the gold belt in the opening scenes for that movie, instead of the copper-colored belt from BB… so I think it is accurate to THAT movie, not BB. Construction of the HT belt is better than the EB one, and does sit correctly on his torso. So for me, I would call this the "original suit" of the Dark Knight movie (even though the box says otherwise, lol).

- Lastly, the faceplates are good on both, paint is pretty close when comparing the two in-hand… I decided to just keep
the HT faceplates, as like Dean Knight said, putting in the EB ones tends to "stretch" the hole in the cowl, since the EB ones have a wider shape in general.

So yeah, to each his own… but with adding the new cape, the HT 1/4 Batman looks pretty damn good.
He could have benefitted from PERS and a "scowl" mouth plate. Cape could have been WAY better.
I give the HT one a 8.5 out of 10, and give the EB one a 7.5 out of 10, based on having both in-hand.
Looking forward to Joker to complete the trio!

Back