1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think HT wants to ride the hype of the new SW movie later this year and they want to keep up with every Marvel movie, so they think a 25-year old classic and its fans can wait. Sigh.

We will have our glory soon. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:yess: I'm counting on to that. I might actually pass on the 1/6 version if the 1/4 Keaton gets made. He'd look fantastic next to QS001 and 005, I'm sure :)

Imagine that. EB Bats, HT Bale Bats, and Keaton, in full 1/4 glory. I could just die happy.

1/4 is really the truth.

Re: Hot Toys, Avengers: AOU 1/4th scale Mark XLIII Collectible

tempted to get this... damn if only i can send back my heartbreaker and M42.... i will order the 1/4

Hm, what happened to all the posts, or was I dreaming this thread was longer and I was posting stuff in it? LOL.

I might be repeating myself, but I dumped my RP into a PO for this. It was either this or Hulkbuster, and I decided I'd have more buyer's remorse spending $825+shipping for a toy figure compared to $400-ish lol.

Thread merge? I saw a different thread from yesterday that got bumped to the top and got confused which one to post in lol.

Does look amazing. Too expensive for me, and given my limited collection so far there would have to be something really special about IM and/or the Mk43 for me to seriously consider both. The other downside is it won't ship to NZ, so I'd have to fork out around $900 to get one from popcultha.

Noob question though. Do HT bring out 1:6 often? because Boba Fett and Iron Man really suit it (pardon the pun).. dunno how more human looking pieces would go..

Do you mean break out of 1:6 or bring out 1:4(same thing really). If so, not really. This will be the first 1/4 for both marvel and SW I believe. And only 5-6 total 1/4 scale. Compared to the 10-15 a year (or more) of 1/6 that's a very low percent.

Two threads is why

So, are they just leaving Batman in the dust or is this the "Man of Steel" Superman of the QS line, because, from what I've read, he's way too big. RDJ is 5'9" in real life, so, the figure should be closer to 17.25" (plus whatever the suit makes up). Even assuming that the suit did give him a little more height, 20" would put him at 6'6" in real life, and there's no way that suit gives him 9 extra inches. Jeremy Bulloch's 6' tall, the same as Christian Bale, and the Boba Fett figure is maybe even a little undersized at 17.75." It's just weird to me that MK XLIII will tower over both of those figures when both dudes are both 3" taller than Downey.

I have $540 worth of RP. Been thinking on what HT to use it on. Hm....

I like that the mark 43 seems like a 'greatest hits' version of Iron Man ...rather than a very specific unique suit.
Makes it a good choice to have this as a single Iron Man representation!

Back