1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrong color on the shoulder,2 parts of it should be red ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427963430.194899.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1427963436.861085.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1427963442.183598.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1427963448.100043.jpg

So, are they just leaving Batman in the dust or is this the "Man of Steel" Superman of the QS line, because, from what I've read, he's way too big. RDJ is 5'9" in real life, so, the figure should be closer to 17.25" (plus whatever the suit makes up). Even assuming that the suit did give him a little more height, 20" would put him at 6'6" in real life, and there's no way that suit gives him 9 extra inches. Jeremy Bulloch's 6' tall, the same as Christian Bale, and the Boba Fett figure is maybe even a little undersized at 17.75." It's just weird to me that MK XLIII will tower over both of those figures when both dudes are both 3" taller than Downey.

Actors height is really not a factor. It's the characters height. (Ie the actors that played he hobbits are one size, but the characters another). How tall RDJ is is not a big factor.

That said, none of these are spot on scale wise. Not the 1/6 (in general) or the 1/4. A lot of it is engineering and machining and tooling.

I'm surprised it took as long as it did to make a 1/4 Iron Man.

No worries man. I just happen to have been raised around this stuff so I have decades worth of useless crap info like this.

I think part of the delay in 1/6 is a fear that they will lose customer from their main product lines. Generally speaking, most people prefer one scale as their major focus. Could be worried making a 1/4 scale will cause people (just some) to stop buying 1:6 all together. Given the price point and extra time 1/4 scale will most likely not be anywhere near as prolifieric production wise, so it's possible they could end up costing themselves sales. Just one possible factor.

I also do not think most people that buy 1/6 will buy 1/4 too. They won't be making a 1/4 HB. Probably not a 1/4 ultron or thanos. Or hulk even. Just a guess. So it's hard to see the 1/4 scale stuff being as lucrative.

If this release increases the demand for 1/4 figures hopefully Enterbay will re-focus on 1/4 as well and acquire some licenses that Hot Toys has not already locked down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - 1/4 Iron Man Mark 43 Figure

:thud:

Ordered. I don't even care how much it will cost.

Hey, do you guys think this will have a single a switch for the lights or will it be one switch for each led?

My guess is that there will be 4 separate switches as usual. If the head was not swap-able they probably could have given us 1 switch for both the chest and the eyes but as it is the light function will probably be built into the helmet seperately. I really hope they make the switches easy to access. It's a PITA to use the light feature on the Qs002 Endo. Hopefully they don't repeat that mistake. Enterbay and even Neca have done a better at giving you access to light features without having to remove anything.

Re: 1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - 1/4 Iron Man Mark 43 Figure

My guess is that there will be 4 separate switches as usual. If the head was not swap-able they probably could have given us 1 switch for both the chest and the eyes but as it is the light function will probably be built into the helmet seperately. I really hope they make the switches easy to access. It's a PITA to use the light feature on the Qs002 Endo. Hopefully they don't repeat that mistake. Enterbay and even Neca have done a better at giving you access to light features without having to remove anything.

I'm sorry man, but I don't agree. I hate those switches that stick out of the 1/6 scale figures. I fell they take away from the collectable. If this isn't a single switch I rather have them hiden. Ideally I wish this would come with a remote control for the lights, like the Play Imaginative ones.

That's why I mentioned Enterbay and NECA. Both have buttons that are not noticeable and are unobtrusive. They can be hidden without being behind a panel. On Enterbay's BD Terminator figure the button for the eyes is located inside a wound on the back of the figures head. As for NECA, the BD Gypsy Danger plasma gun button is molded to look like part of the gun so it does not stick out. Hot Toys could put a smooth button on the back of the helmet where no one would see it while being displayed. They can be hidden and easy to access at the same time. We should not have to pry the mask off.

They can be hidden and easy to access at the same time. We should not have to pry the mask off.

Oh ok. Sorry man, I misunderstood you. You are right... hidden and easy acess is the way to go.

Back