1/3 Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also looks like there wont be any new 1:3 Predators? Or am I reading it wrong? Here a pic from Facebook. Official statement from Prime1.
They say the licenseholder doesn't have talent likenesses. Does that mean Disney? So a company would have to do what NECA does and pursue the actor's likeness rights separately?

They say the licenseholder doesn't have talent likenesses. Does that mean Disney? So a company would have to do what NECA does and pursue the actor's likeness rights separately?
I don’t know. It’s like none of the officials can answer straight. Like ok we can’t do Arnold but we will do more Preds. :D When Im finished with the Aliens I will do a 1:3 Wolf myself. Prime1 can go to hell.

"Low stock" on the 6K edition and not sold out any of their 1/4 City hunter....mhm. Prime1 is surely not taking this stock notice seriously. They loose a lot of respect from my side already, as a pretty new Prime1 buyer.

More BS from a totally untrustworthy company . . . unless I was correct in my original estimation of an edition size of 10 - and even then I'd be surprised unless 9 of those are freebies going to execs of the company :lol

Collectibles market is about to go bust guys. This stuff will be worthless by the end of the decade and will probably be looked down upon and seen as absurd waist of space and money, although it is looked at by many in this way already, it will be so widespread that there will be no market for it whatsoever.

But NFT’s, those will be huge!! 😂

Given that more of the spotlight is on NFTs at the moment, I think we oldschoolers who still collect physical art will be able to escape the judgment.

And hey, we all tell ourselves there's an endgame to our collection, right? A final stage that we can call finished?

Given that more of the spotlight is on NFTs at the moment, I think we oldschoolers who still collect physical art will be able to escape the judgment.

And hey, we all tell ourselves there's an endgame to our collection, right? A final stage that we can call finished?

Not that I'm admitting I'm an "oldschooler" . . . but "Nail Fungus on Toes" ?!? :)

Not sure what you meant by "judgment", but if it's that we collect stuff that's a darn site more sensible - I'll obviously agree with you (y)

As to your last point, I think that ANYONE kidding themselves that various releases are the "ultimate", or "unbeatable", or that this will be "the last thing I buy" is forgetting history . . . there will ALWAYS be something else down the line, because there will ALWAYS be companies wanting to make money from franchises, there will ALWAYS be those trying to do things better, and there will ALWAYS be those who like what they they see enough to buy.

For me, I haven't STOPPED buying, but I'm a damn site more choosey about what I'll pay for, and who I'm prepared to buy from - and PRIME 1 ain't it.

It's like any other hobby. Reaches a pinnacle and then goes boom. Just because they could make statues that fill half a room each, they didn't stop and think why they should. Oh wait it was because people were still buying them. Lol!

I have never went in on an statue with a price tag the 1/3 Jungle hunter has. I gave it a serious thought and came to the conclusion it may be worth it, plenty of extras, detailed statue and the base itself is an eye-catcher. The base was a huge part to reason if the price was somewhat reasonable.
The base on the 1/3 City hunter is not even close to be as intricate as the JH. If the price tag on the CH was closer to 2K, that would have been more acceptable.
Well, at this time, after the 1/3 bust close to 1K and topping this CH edition up to 6K. I must say, they have went bonkers!

The skulls are a nice thought, but realistically, not many who would go for it huh. They don`t quite add to the statue, you`d just place them around the base and it would look more like a mess. They should have left the idea behind at the brainstorming stage, and concluded with as not feasible (based on sales).

Have you guys seen these images? I was a bit taken back by how large the skulls are. To me, not worth the money. However, some people might want them.

FB_IMG_1651608103929.jpg
FB_IMG_1651608092356.jpgFB_IMG_1651608111894.jpg

Have you guys seen these images? I was a bit taken back by how large the skulls are. To me, not worth the money. However, some people might want them.

View attachment 575447View attachment 575449View attachment 575448

Thanks for the pics Bro' (y)

If they had offered them in 1:4, and as a stand-alone set, THEN I think they would have had quite a bit of interest.

I mean - just think of all the people that have the 1:4 Sideshow, PRIME1 and Infinity Studios City Hunters . . . LOTS of folks (me included) would have been tempted.

Still - what do I know - I'm just a fan - I can't possibly have better ideas or observations than their marketing & art-direction teams :lol

Maybe we should try to get NECA to produce them at 1:4 - they'd be a damn site cheaper too :)

FOMO has me wondering if I should get one.

I had a chance to buy the CM Jungle hunter at retail, and regret not pulling the trigger to this day. So now I'm stuck thinking if this statue will end up being a grail 10-20 years down the line too due to little/ diminished intrest.

At the current prices, I can only justify 1 statue per year though. I have other hobbies that are being neglected because of the current statue market craziness.

Forgot to post this pic:
279291116_3076093142656389_4521964720913615469_n.jpg

Last edited:
The statue itself looks nice in the new display images -- and from that specific angle. Pudginess and sumo squat aside, it's still miles ahead of what we've seen from Sideshow. And if the finish is at least 80% the quality of the proto like we hope with the JH, it will beat out both Prime 1's and Infinity's 1/4 versions in terms of fine details.

Despite my gripes with the pose, I might've been tempted to grab a standard... if the base had as much thought put into it as that of the JH.

The whole appeal of a 1/3 CH for me would be to have a companion piece for the JH matching in scale, base shape, and overall design. But the complexity of the bases differs so much that it defeats that purpose. It's just so uninspired. Not to mention the fact that most of the CH's base is symmetrical, making it feel less like a diorama and more like a traditional display base (which again, would've been fine if they did the same with JH).

Even if they gave us a flat street surface with nothing on it, modeling a barrel, pouring a puddle of translucent resin, or littering some scaled garbage would be relatively simple ways for collectors to dress it up. Unfortunately there's not much you can do to make the ship floor feel like a proper environment. It's too simple to look good next to the JH, yet too specific to be embellished.

I suppose it would be another story if one made custom matching bases for both the JH and CH. But:
1) not displaying the JH on that gorgeous jungle floor would be a shame
2) commissioning custom bases for these things is like when folks in the US say they'll move to Canada after an election; it's not that simple and probably won't happen

FOMO has me wondering if I should get one.

I had a chance to buy the CM Jungle hunter at retail, and regret not pulling the trigger to this day. So now I'm stuck thinking if this statue will end up being a grail 10-20 years down the line too due to little/ diminished intrest.
Are you getting the Jungle Hunter?

Attachments

• 1651631505039.png
    1651631505039.png
    1 MB · Views: 24
  • 1651631545465.png
    1651631545465.png
    1 MB · Views: 24
  • 1651631553084.png
    1651631553084.png
    1,019 KB · Views: 25
  • 1651631571323.png
    1651631571323.png
    1,017.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Yup. My Jungle Hunter was ordered through Sideshow. If it sucks, it'd be much less of a hassle to return it. (My train of thought)

I agree about the base too.
~Jungle Hunter with Jungle Base
~City Hunter with City Base

How P1 managed to NOT do it this way is beyond me.

I think if I do pull the trigger, I might get the standard version. Although, this head sculpt.... (@_@) wow.

FB_IMG_1651632413590.jpg
FB_IMG_1651632419159.jpg

Back