1/3 Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me this statue is a BIG DX or pass. Standard has barely anything and is still expensive asf. Definitely get the DX if your gonna bother with the full statue

To me this statue is a BIG DX or pass. Standard has barely anything and is still expensive asf. Definitely get the DX if your gonna bother with the full statue
I think that's what P1 is betting on.
Have the standard version be too basic, the Ultimate too ridiculous.... therefore funneling the market to the product that they actually want their customers to buy. (Even though it's overpriced)

I like P1's products... a lot! They're who got me to stop collecting HT and switch to statues.

However, they really need 6 semesters worth of courses on customer relations, customer retention, and business ethics. Some of their new releases feel ...... .....sleazy. To the point where I resisted buying their stuff on principle only.

Have the standard version be too basic, the Ultimate too ridiculous.... therefore funneling the market to the product that they actually want their customers to buy. (Even though it's overpriced)

I like P1's products... a lot! They're who got me to stop collecting HT and switch to statues.

However, they really need 6 semesters worth of courses on customer relations, customer retention, and business ethics. Some of their new releases feel ...... .....sleazy. To the point where I resisted buying their stuff on principle only.
Definitely mate. I remember expecting the DX to be $2800 due to it being a lesser character AND more of a simple statue

Yup. My Jungle Hunter was ordered through Sideshow. If it sucks, it'd be much less of a hassle to return it. (My train of thought)

I agree about the base too.
~Jungle Hunter with Jungle Base
~City Hunter with City Base

How P1 managed to NOT do it this way is beyond me.

I think if I do pull the trigger, I might get the standard version. Although, this head sculpt.... (@_@) wow.

View attachment 575467View attachment 575468
This is the main reason I want to pick up this statue,love this sculpt however the price of this statue is too ******* ridiculous. As of now I'll be passing,and MAY reconsider a year from now.

Mee to. Got my eyes firm om P1 a very few years ago, shifted totally som Sideshow.
Magnificent statues and seemed like they listened to buyers. Tweaked sculpts for the better, after inputs and adds nice extras to their products, but then all of a sudden, their business decisions became greedy and unfathomable.

I am holding on to the 1/3 JH. I wanted most of all the closed mandibles head and use it primarily, but I am not touching that bust cause of how they offer it, also has to do with principle. I stay firm.
They should and must change their business approach.

It just struck me that perhaps 3D printing has accelerated the crazy size increase in these statues. Before they would have to use clay and wire. Now the sky is the limit.

Yeah, we're a week or so down the line and I still really dislike that pose a lot. Also for the money I'd have hoped they would have put as much work into the details as they did with the JH, even the mask on this is just a copy of their 1/4 statue which is fine, but it could most definitely be improved in several areas. Although admittedly much of the work on the JH happened after the fact (Including it's amazing bio which was also originally a copy of their 1/4 version) so maybe that will be the case here also. I can't imagine sales are anywhere near as high on this one so it's in their interest. This entire statue is frustrating more than anything, there's a lot to like about it, but those good parts are somewhat hidden behind a wall of weird and uninspired design choices. I kind of still want one to round out my large creature statues, only 1/4 going forward! But I just can't bring myself to pay so much money for something I don't absolutely love.

I have never went in on an statue with a price tag the 1/3 Jungle hunter has. I gave it a serious thought and came to the conclusion it may be worth it, plenty of extras, detailed statue and the base itself is an eye-catcher. The base was a huge part to reason if the price was somewhat reasonable.
The base on the 1/3 City hunter is not even close to be as intricate as the JH. If the price tag on the CH was closer to 2K, that would have been more acceptable.
Well, at this time, after the 1/3 bust close to 1K and topping this CH edition up to 6K. I must say, they have went bonkers!

The skulls are a nice thought, but realistically, not many who would go for it huh. They don`t quite add to the statue, you`d just place them around the base and it would look more like a mess. They should have left the idea behind at the brainstorming stage, and concluded with as not feasible (based on sales).

This was a really good post and sums up exactly what I've been thinking about it in the last few days. The JH was such a large investment for me (5k-ish) But Prime 1 worked hard on it to earn my investment on it. I don't see anything like that with their City Hunter currently, and believe me, I really want to. I really think they need to put some more work into this, starting with the pose obviously. Then refining certain details such as the bio, and maybe adding something to the base to better match the JH which currently seems to have an entirely different design philosophy in regards to the bases. I know it's fairly hard to think of good base ideas for P2, the JH is easy as it's Jungle or nothing, but they could have done something more interesting than this. Although the base is the least of my gripes with it tbh...

This time last year, I was so sure they'd throw in Danny's necklace. Like the base would be the penthouse floor and there would be a chunk of pillar that you could lodge the spear tip into, maybe hang the necklace from it.

Of course, that would mean following the design philosophy of the JH: small Easter eggs that you could use to adorn an already interesting-looking base with some varied topology.

This time last year, I was so sure they'd throw in Danny's necklace. Like the base would be the penthouse floor and there would be a chunk of pillar that you could lodge the spear tip into, maybe hang the necklace from it.

Of course, that would mean following the design philosophy of the JH: small Easter eggs that you could use to adorn an already interesting-looking base with some varied topology.

Or following the smart art-direction decisions that Infinity Studios took.

The PRIME1 design team are completely out to lunch on this :cuckoo:- EVERYTHING about this was a poorly thought out decision.

Yeah, we're a week or so down the line and I still really dislike that pose a lot. Also for the money I'd have hoped they would have put as much work into the details as they did with the JH, even the mask on this is just a copy of their 1/4 statue which is fine, but it could most definitely be improved in several areas. Although admittedly much of the work on the JH happened after the fact (Including it's amazing bio which was also originally a copy of their 1/4 version) so maybe that will be the case here also. I can't imagine sales are anywhere near as high on this one so it's in their interest. This entire statue is frustrating more than anything, there's a lot to like about it, but those good parts are somewhat hidden behind a wall of weird and uninspired design choices. I kind of still want one to round out my large creature statues, only 1/4 going forward! But I just can't bring myself to pay so much money for something I don't absolutely love.

This was a really good post and sums up exactly what I've been thinking about it in the last few days. The JH was such a large investment for me (5k-ish) But Prime 1 worked hard on it to earn my investment on it. I don't see anything like that with their City Hunter currently, and believe me, I really want to. I really think they need to put some more work into this, starting with the pose obviously. Then refining certain details such as the bio, and maybe adding something to the base to better match the JH which currently seems to have an entirely different design philosophy in regards to the bases. I know it's fairly hard to think of good base ideas for P2, the JH is easy as it's Jungle or nothing, but they could have done something more interesting than this. Although the base is the least of my gripes with it tbh...
Yeah, i really want to keep the faith in P1, but they have stuck a knife in my heart and they seem to keep on and twisting the knife. By going in for these products with as much as we do, P1 should know we have given them our trust in full, wich they should know they must not misuse.
I am just an ordinary guy with an ordinary salary, if they can hook a guy like that to use their money on something this expensive, that is obvious better sale tactic. Fair amount of sales on a expensive, but reasonable price before low amount of sales at an ludacris price tag.

Best idea as a base on the CH I have seen in here, would def be the alleyway. It may be the only choice to compete with the jungle base. Plenty of things to spice up the base with, so it won`t look lackluster beside the jungle base, but they chose the least interesting one. How that came to be, boggles my mind.

P1 clearly wanted to knock the cinemaquette off it`s pedestal with their JH, which they have done (knock on wood). Then they just lower their shoulders when they came to the CH? What gives P1!?

P1 clearly wanted to knock the cinemaquette off it`s pedestal with their JH, which they have done (knock on wood). Then they just lower their shoulders when they came to the CH? What gives P1!?
I was afraid this would happen. There was no existing 1/3 CH to beat, so Prime 1 phoned it in and priced it based on the success of the JH. The company's CEO wasn't even in the BTS video for this, so I don't know if this will get as much of his personal attention as the JH (if those rumors are even true).

I was afraid this would happen. There was no existing 1/3 CH to beat, so Prime 1 phoned it in and priced it based on the success of the JH. The company's CEO wasn't even in the BTS video for this, so I don't know if this will get as much of his personal attention as the JH (if those rumors are even true).
It sure is pretty lazy. Let`s hope the CEO wakes up from his hibernation and gives this piece some justice.

That's BS bud.

People need to remember the "Fool me once, shame on you . . . " saying.

This company will lie, exaggerate, mislead, ignore, rip-off and generally act like used car salesmen or politicians. They will do whatever it takes to get business and have ZERO intention of doing the right thing by their customers. This is all about a half-assed attitude combined with money and greed.

Sideshow got away with it for years, and now PRIME1 (who used to be looked at as the saviours of the franchise) are doing the same thing - BUT WORSE!

The Japanese culture prides itself on honour. This company appear to have forgotten that, or they simply don't care in their great cash-grab quest.

It's up at Secret Compass. $3.2K for the standard, $4K for the deluxe, $6.4K for the ultimate, all with shipping built into the cost.

Pretty crazy considering the JH deluxe is only $100 more than the CH standard over there.

I've been reading y'all's posts and kept thinking on how I remember feeling like customers were getting the better end of the deal a few years ago.

P1 exceeded my expectations with size, detail, presence, etc. That feeling made me a loyal customer who would glady support them. They "sought to impress".

Lately though, I can't shake the feeling of being scammed.
The switcheroo ordeal between Prototype vs Production, withholding Headsculpts to be sold Separately, crazy Expensive pricing.... I fear to ask what's next. ☹

Heck, suprise those who bought the JH with a $350 discount or something. I dunno gents. This CH has left me feeling sour.

Gonna correct myself here, John Pham is actually the director of project management. That's according to his LinkedIn, other sites describe his role(s) differently.

Or following the smart art-direction decisions that Infinity Studios took.

The PRIME1 design team are completely out to lunch on this :cuckoo:- EVERYTHING about this was a poorly thought out decision.

You say this, but they're hit and miss. Their City Hunter was great aside from the bio mask. But their Berserker had a super awkard pose and an entire third of another Predator that you couldn't even see well. Their Jungle Hunter went the same route with a strange pose and half of dutch hidden around the rear, it also seems to have vanished into the sea of "Meh" that surrounded it. It's a shame all of their Predators weren't more like their City Hunter. My point is that I guess all of these companies have their hits and misses. Prime 1 have a few good hits already, more than Infinity so far but this one seems to be a miss sadly.

You say this, but they're hit and miss. Their City Hunter was great aside from the bio mask. But their Berserker had a super awkard pose and an entire third of another Predator that you couldn't even see well. Their Jungle Hunter went the same route with a strange pose and half of dutch hidden around the rear, it also seems to have vanished into the sea of "Meh" that surrounded it. It's a shame all of their Predators weren't more like their City Hunter. My point is that I guess all of these companies have their hits and misses. Prime 1 have a few good hits already, more than Infinity so far but this one seems to be a miss sadly.

I was referring to their City Hunter Matt.

. . . and ALL of PRIME1's Predators have been a miss so far - for one reason or another.

Back