1/1 Bruce Lee Bust (wip)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need more in-hand pics of this bust ASAP. Im not too impressed with the flat factory paint job so far. Wish it was painted better.

Agreed. Looking at the pics on BBTS and elsewhere I'd have to agree the paint looks pretty bland for a $600+ price tag. Maybe in hand pics would prove otherwise.

I hope to have some pictures up on friday when I get mine.

I'll make a shïtload of pictures so you guys can see it all :)

I've to be honest that indeed the skin color looks very simple
Thor looks better.

Are there anymore 1:1 human busts out there to compare it with?

:lol This looks so bad. I am sorry for anyone who ordered. Glad I never ordered thier Joker. And Bobby C said he's impressed with how it came out. Probably had no choice as he has a relationship with HCG.

As promised.
This was posted by me on statueforum.com

I've to say I was aware of the paintjob, but I didn't know that his wrist and hand have skin of an 80 year old. :cuckoo:

First the pros
- Sculpt is amazing
- Gives great presence in your room
- Best mass produced 1:1 scale Bruce Lee bust so far (probably the only mass produced bust). I really hope other companies learn from the mistakes made with this one when releasing a bust in the future.

cons
- Base is too small and due to his arm he doesn't exactly stand firm. I fear he might tumble one day.
- Wrist and hand are very badly painted, perhaps the mold wasn't in good shape either. Very wrinkly
- Eyes are bad
- Paintjob is also sloppy near the hair
- Skin rash on chest

Gigantic box
bruce01e.jpg

Mmmmm, apple!
bruce02u.jpg

This is how I will see him daily
bruce03.jpg

bruce04.jpg

bruce05.jpg

bruce06.jpg

Bobby!!!
bruce07.jpg

with and without flash.
Light can be deceiving
bruce14.jpg

And now for the closeups.

Skin rash
bruce08.jpg

You definitely can notice the feel of the sculpt from the upper arm to the lower arm and hand. It feels very rough.
bruce09.jpg

bruce10.jpg

bruce13.jpg

bruce11.jpg

Bleached eyes ;)
bruce12.jpg

Conclusion:
My wife was very happy with it, but she has no clue that it can look way better. I've decided to repaint it and make her pop her eyes out.

I got my Bruce Lee back from the artist that repainted Bruce.
He did a great job.
That said, this will be the first and last time I'll buy a human bust/statue made out of polystone.

I decided to turn his name red instead of silver.
The scratch is not movie accurate, but it was the only way to really show the scratch.

This was the artist's first try at a human bust.
He's going to do another bust, so maybe you guys have some input on how things can even more improve.
Thanks!

bruce1o.jpg

bruce2o.jpg

bruce3l.jpg

bruce4w.jpg

bruce5z.jpg

Not sure if Bruce have black nipples :hah

Pupil on right seems bigger than left, and it seems there's too much pronunciation on the cheekbone and mouth area, he seems less Bruce, IMO.

I think the factory default paint is somewhat better, but I still wouldn't buy it.

Back