1/6 Zack Snyder's Justice League - 1/6th scale Knightmare Batman and Superman Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But Snyder also wanted to use the Williams theme. Don't see how it's a deal breaker.
Snyder was told he couldn't use it. That doesn't mean he was going to.
They also came up with his own theme and from what he's said I don't think go he'd go back.
Score is very important to me.

At this point only thing what matters is him being back. Williams theme makes no sense,this time I can just ignore it. Hans Zimmer theme gonna be always legendary!
yeah I also have no idea why the Williams theme. Sure it's iconic but.....

I could imagine Zaslav being for it, Cavill as well.

Oh well, at least he's in it. Better than a headless body double or a black sillouette.

Snyder was told he couldn't use it. That doesn't mean he was going to.
They also came up with his own theme and from what he's said I don't think go he'd go back.
Score is very important to me.

Well, that what Jay Oliva tweeted once. But the only time I’ve ever seen Zack address the issue is in this interview, where it’s clear that he feels the Williams score does not fit his Superman.

Gotta say I'm a bit torn on the topic.

I can totally understand Zack's Superman being a different iteration of the character, and therefore needing his own score.

But I can also totally feel myself tearing up with nostalgia when the Williams soundtrack plays with Cavill in whatever movie.

I guess they have watched that scene with both scores and decided on one. Nostalgia is a pretty tough opponent !

They’re such different conceptions of the character, though. They really are. 1978 Superman is heavily idealized. 2013 Superman is exploring what the character might look like in our real world.

Someone recently pointed out that we wouldn‘t want the 1966 Batman theme for 2022’s The Batman. It’s not quite that jarring. But it’s enough of a mismatch that I would be able to enjoy the Willams score in that context.

That’s me. I respect that others can and would have a different experience than mine.

They’re such different conceptions of the character, though. They really are. 1978 Superman is heavily idealized. 2013 Superman is exploring what the character might look like in our real world.

Someone recently pointed out that we wouldn‘t want the 1966 Batman theme for 2022’s The Batman. It’s not quite that jarring. But it’s enough of a mismatch that I would be able to enjoy the Willams score in that context.

That’s me. I respect that others can and would have a different experience than mine.
I guess we'll see when we see it. Score means so much more to me with the visuals along with it.

As much as I am into the Snyderverse, I honestly couldn't have picked the Zimmer Superman theme if someone played it to me. So I imagine the normies are even less in tune with scores. Williams on the other hand is reckogniseable to all.

I guess the business side of getting bums on seats plays into this as well.

Anyway whatever score, I'm just happy he's in it and hope they go ahead in a direction and tone which is good for all of us who have supported these Snyder begun characters + actors.

Zimmer’s theme with the grounded and nuanced approach to Superman in MoS just makes the Williams theme seem a bit corny and one-note.
It would have been right at home in Whedon’s JL when Supes is flying a building away to safety. Maybe they even did actually insert it there… I couldn’t bare to ever watch that movie again to find out.

But Williams’ is pure positivity, heroics and implies victory is imminent so if that’s the tone of Cavill’s scene then go for it.
Zimmer’s theme is understated, introspective and conveys hope and conviction moreso than the fun and victorious celebration provided by Williams’.

Williams’ is perfect for what it was meant to do, just like how the modern Wonder Woman theme is really cool but that’s also quite one dimensional and pretty much only says ‘here comes a badass to be badass!’

Last edited:
I personally think that everyone is completely being over dramatic about this. And missing the fact that, Ben affleck is back, and so is a cavill. Not only did they give us Justice league in its original form, but they brought back the two biggest pieces of the team.

But nope, cavil has the old theme in background of a movie that
al
A.) isn’t a Superman movie to begin with
And
B.) possibly a clip that’s 5 seconds long.

I’ve given the big ol FU to the snyderverse fandom on twitter. I said it to the so called good guys, and the really awful ones. That fandom can eff right off.

I’m glad cavil is back. I’m gonna enjoy the **** out of this stuff in my corner and not give two ***** what anyone thinks.

Personally didn’t care for Williams’ theme in Josstice League and pretty sure I won’t care for it in Black Adam either. Regardless, hopefully when/if Cavill gets his next solo film, they won’t use the Williams theme in that. It just doesn’t go with him. I don’t get why Batman can have multiple themes but Superman apparently has to have the Williams theme. They can always do something that’s different but similar like what the animated movies did.

Personally didn’t care for Williams’ theme in Josstice League and pretty sure I won’t care for it in Black Adam either. Regardless, hopefully when/if Cavill gets his next solo film, they won’t use the Williams theme in that. It just doesn’t go with him. I don’t get why Batman can have multiple themes but Superman apparently has to have the Williams theme. They can always do something that’s different but similar like what the animated movies did.
Well at least fans putting their opinions out there for people like the Rock and presumably Cavill to see can't hurt so they are informed going forward.

Whether the powers that be change it or not in future Superman movies who knows, but better to say something (in a civil way) than say nothing imo.

As I always say they're not mind readers, and "the customer is always right" right ?

Unless they say look how everyone went wild over the Superman scene (even though if its anything like the leaks it sounds awful) let's use the Williams theme for his solo movie.

I personally think that everyone is completely being over dramatic about this. And missing the fact that, Ben affleck is back, and so is a cavill. Not only did they give us Justice league in its original form, but they brought back the two biggest pieces of the team.

But nope, cavil has the old theme in background of a movie that
al
A.) isn’t a Superman movie to begin with
And
B.) possibly a clip that’s 5 seconds long.

I’ve given the big ol FU to the snyderverse fandom on twitter. I said it to the so called good guys, and the really awful ones. That fandom can eff right off.

I’m glad cavil is back. I’m gonna enjoy the **** out of this stuff in my corner and not give two ***** what anyone thinks.
Each to their own. I think some people don't care enough.
They had Ben and Henry in Josstice League. They had Gal in WW84. The actors are an important piece but still a piece nevertheless. Without Snyder I have very little interest.

They had Ben and Henry in Josstice League. They had Gal in WW84. The actors are an important piece but still a piece nevertheless. Without Snyder I have very little interest.
I agree Snyder is important, and one of my hopes is that even though he may not direct every movie going forward, they will at least keep his tone and design aethestic (or at minimum the people who were involved in the designs and writing). That's for me a big part of #restorethesnyderverse, the design aesthetic and both the clear character depth as well as kick ass way they are on the screen.

This is also why we got cool looks for Batman like Knightmare Batman etc. The team wasn't scared to do something out of the ordinary. That's what I'm here for as well !!

I agree. I love Snyder. I love his movies, and I love this universe he has constructed. I just hate his fanbase.

I agree Snyder is important, and one of my hopes is that even though he may not direct every movie going forward, they will at least keep his tone and design aethestic (or at minimum the people who were involved in the designs and writing). That's for me a big part of #restorethesnyderverse, the design aesthetic and both the clear character depth as well as kick ass way they are on the screen.

This is also why we got cool looks for Batman like Knightmare Batman etc. The team wasn't scared to do something out of the ordinary. That's what I'm here for as well !!

This is why the Williams theme, as great as it is, even for 5 seconds is a massive no for me. It may be over the top to some, that's just how I roll.

All the arguments on why Williams should be used fall empty. How many people would turn their nose up and not accept it because it does have it compared to how many will because it doesn't?

I would always personally choose the Zimmer theme, especially with Cavill’s Superman on screen. It would be like using The Dark Knight trilogy theme for Michael Keaton in The Flash movie, it just simply doesn’t make sense. Superman is not James Bond. I think the big worry, which I agree with, is that the last time we heard the Williams theme (with Cavill’s face), we were gifted with the garbage that was Josstice League. For many- that music being used with Cavill’s Superman will be synonymous with that interpretation which didn’t treat him with the reverence and dimension that Snyder did throughout his time directing.

My perspective is that the Williams theme is more well known by the average movie goer, and WBD have made the decision to try and get those people as hyped about Cavill’s return as the fans of the Snyder movies. Trying to bridge the divisiveness in a way. I do not like that decision, but I understand it if it’s made by a room of studio executives who search ‘Superman Theme’ and see John Williams’s rendition immediately. The issue, for me, comes into play if many of you are right. That this marks a change in the way Superman is portrayed, making him, in essence- Reeves 2.0. I think that worry permeates everything, and the answer won’t be known until long after this potential post credits scene. I love Cavill’s interpretation so far but, these actors were in Josstice League and Gal was in WW84. Actors can lift a role but what’s on the page will always limit them. I really hope any future Cavill movie isn’t limited, just as he wasn’t in the Snyder movies imo.

Either way, hoping my two pack comes in soon! Many pictures in this thread make them look fantastic.

Last edited:
I would always personally choose the Zimmer theme, especially with Cavill’s Superman on screen. It would be like using The Dark Knight trilogy theme for Michael Keaton in The Flash movie, it just simply doesn’t make sense. Superman is not James Bond. I think the big worry, which I agree with, is that the last time we heard the Williams theme, we were gifted with the garbage that was Josstice League. For many- that music being used with Cavill’s Superman will be synonymous with that interpretation which didn’t treat him with the reverence and dimension that Snyder did throughout his time directing.

My perspective is that the Williams theme is more well known by the average movie goer, and WBD have made the decision to try and get those people as hyped about Cavill’s return as the fans of the Snyder movies. Trying to bridge the divisiveness in a way. I do not like that decision, but I understand it if it’s made by a room of studio executives who search ‘Superman Theme’ and see John Williams’s rendition immediately. The issue, for me, comes into play if many of you are right. That this marks a change in the way Superman is portrayed, making him, in essence- Reeves 2.0. I think that worry permeates everything, and the answer won’t be known until long after this potential post credits scene. I love Cavill’s interpretation so far but, these actors were in Josstice League and Gal was in WW84. Actors can lift a role but what’s on the page will always limit them. I really hope any future Cavill movie isn’t limited, just as he wasn’t in the Snyder movies imo.

Either way, hoping my two pack comes in soon! Many pictures in this thread make them look fantastic.
I think the last time it was at the end of Shazam (minus a head).

I would always personally choose the Zimmer theme, especially with Cavill’s Superman on screen. It would be like using The Dark Knight trilogy theme for Michael Keaton in The Flash movie, it just simply doesn’t make sense. Superman is not James Bond. I think the big worry, which I agree with, is that the last time we heard the Williams theme (with Cavill’s face), we were gifted with the garbage that was Josstice League. For many- that music being used with Cavill’s Superman will be synonymous with that interpretation which didn’t treat him with the reverence and dimension that Snyder did throughout his time directing.

Agree with you there as well.

One of my biggest concerns is that Cavill towed the line with Zack, but after all the interviews etc I have see he gave the impression he really wanted the boyscout version. Zack would have got to that version ultimately should the story have continued as planned, but now we are in a totally different place.

I'd like to think all this talk about The Rock saving the DCEU with Superman and demanding he be reinstated etc etc is to get us back on track with a larger DCEU, but part of me thinks it's just The Rock and their co-managers trying to get as much money out of this as they can for Black Adam and Superman and they really don't give a s### about the rest.

That said at least Batfleck is back and Gal is also in play. So perhaps there is hope yet that they will still aim for completion of what Zack started. i.e a final showdown with Darkseid and the full Justice League ala Marvel + Thanos. It's surely what they have to be aiming for or ????

With that said my 2 pack turned up today !! It's frigging excellent !!!

Back