1/6 Zack Snyder's Justice League - 1/6th scale Knightmare Batman and Superman Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn’t have that problem :dunno as long as you futz with the fabric properly, it’ll go back into place once you put the toes back in a standard position and you still won’t have the wrinkle. I’ve done this for both BvS and a heavily modified MoS Superman with BvS boots.
Okay, might give it a try. Can I see this heavily modified MoS Superman? Why BvS boots?

Okay, might give it a try. Can I see this heavily modified MoS Superman? Why BvS boots?
Sure thing, I’ll post some pics later.

As for the why: the BvS boots are the proper darker red color like the real MoS boots are; plus, using the full fabric BvS boot instead of the plastic covered with fabric MoS boot allowed for full ankle articulation. I just removed the top trim detail from the BvS boots and replaced with the top trim from the MoS boots.

Sure thing, I’ll post some pics later.

As for the why: the BvS boots are the proper darker red color like the real MoS boots are; plus, using the full fabric BvS boot instead of the plastic covered with fabric MoS boot allowed for full ankle articulation. I just removed the top trim detail from the BvS boots and replaced with the top trim from the MoS boots.
This detail: I just removed the top trim detail from the BvS boots and replaced with the top trim from the MoS boots.

Has made me very curious to see how far you've gone with this.

This detail: I just removed the top trim detail from the BvS boots and replaced with the top trim from the MoS boots.

Has made me very curious to see how far you've gone with this.
I’ve done other mods besides the boots, but here are a few pictures that I still have of it; though, keep in mind, I don’t take great photos which is why I rarely post any

-repainted BvS collar
-repainted suit
-modded BvS boots as discussed
-BvS body but removed thigh and forearm enhancers with slight adjustment to lats to get arms to fall a little closer to the body
-made wrist cuffs as thin as possible and permanently adhered to suit
-BvS cape

714FE27E-4033-404B-9627-C86B5BE0429F.jpeg

F36186A6-C3CC-4857-B1EE-BAF7D9C8C698.jpeg

I’ve done other mods besides the boots, but here are a few pictures that I still have of it; though, keep in mind, I don’t take great photos which is why I rarely post any

-repainted BvS collar
-repainted suit
-modded BvS boots as discussed
-BvS body but removed thigh and forearm enhancers with slight adjustment to lats to get arms to fall a little closer to the body
-made wrist cuffs as thin as possible and permanently adhered to suit
-BvS cape

View attachment 584849

View attachment 584851
Oh wow, he looks great! Those boots are in improvement!
How much of a pain was repainting the suit? I've only ever done a black suit Superman and Zod which thankfully was all black.
When I painted BvS Superman I can't recall seeing thigh enhancers on him.

Not seen it in hand yet but from the reviews I feel a little underwhelmed with the black suit Supes. Still, at least they fixed the issue with his arms not being to sit closer to his body.

Knightmare Batman is the star of this set with the improved coat and mouth plates. I'll use the neutral one on my regular suit Batfleck and the angry look for this guy.

Justin noted in his review that there’s a bit less weathering on the Knightmare Batman accessories compared with the BvS Knightmare figure. Just from studying photos I think maybe less weathering on the torso as well? (Those that own both Knightmare Batflecks will be able to tell once this two-pack finally ships.) Justin proposed that the reason could be that in ZSJL Bruce’s Knightmare dream is from earlier in the timeline.

I feel like the only reason to get this Superman is if you're gonna use that angry S. King sculpt on it, but not sure I really care enough to pay the extra $50 for one...

I feel like the only reason to get this Superman is if you're gonna use that angry S. King sculpt on it, but not sure I really care enough to pay the extra $50 for one...
I was thinking maybe a Cavill Clark Kent could be kit bashed using the additional headsculpt.

Oh wow, he looks great! Those boots are in improvement!
How much of a pain was repainting the suit? I've only ever done a black suit Superman and Zod which thankfully was all black.
When I painted BvS Superman I can't recall seeing thigh enhancers on him.
Thanks.

It wasn't really a pain to repaint the suit a darker blue to be honest, just have to be patient. I used watered down acrylic btw. The only real pain was getting the metallic red on the chest how I wanted it as there's a lot of metallic red on the market, but they tend to have a bit of a pinkish hue (at least for the cheap stuff :lol ) so I had to spend a little extra on the Mr. Color dark red metallic and that worked out.

But yes, there are thigh enhancers on the BvS body just like the JL body. The Mos body is the only one that doesn't have the large thigh enhancers or forearm enhancers.
Not seen it in hand yet but from the reviews I feel a little underwhelmed with the black suit Supes. Still, at least they fixed the issue with his arms not being to sit closer to his body.

Knightmare Batman is the star of this set with the improved coat and mouth plates. I'll use the neutral one on my regular suit Batfleck and the angry look for this guy.
While I agree that Knightmare Batman is the star of this set, I'm actually quite impressed with the Black Suit Superman even though I wasn't when it was first revealed. Of course, the lack of changing the hair is still a downer, I like the small improvements they've made over the original release.
Justin noted in his review that there’s a bit less weathering on the Knightmare Batman accessories compared with the BvS Knightmare figure. Just from studying photos I think maybe less weathering on the torso as well? (Those that own both Knightmare Batflecks will be able to tell once this two-pack finally ships.) Justin proposed that the reason could be that in ZSJL Bruce’s Knightmare dream is from earlier in the timeline.
I think Justin's idea that the less weathering is b/c it could be from earlier in the timeline is just his salesmanship trying to make it ok that that there’s less weathering than before so ppl will be like "yea, Justin that makes total sense!" and not complain about it.

It sort of reminds me of the scene in the first Transformers movie where Shia LeBouf is buying the Camaro from Bernie Mac.

Bernie Mac: "Well, due to the semi classic nature, slick wheels and custom paint...$5 grand"
Shia LeBouf: "yea, but that paint's faded."
Bernie Mac: "Yea, but it's custom."
Shia LeBouf: "You mean it's custom faded?"
Bernie Mac: "It's your first car, I can't expect you to understand"

As much as I appreciate Justin's reviews, as he does give good views of the figure and accessories most of the time as well as comparisons, he's definitely a salesman, no question about it.

Last edited:
Thanks.

It wasn't really a pain to repaint the suit a darker blue to be honest, just have to be patient. I used watered down acrylic btw. The only real pain was getting the metallic red on the chest how I wanted it as there's a lot of metallic red on the market, but they tend to have a bit of a pinkish hue (at least for the cheap stuff :lol ) so I had to spend a little extra on the Mr. Color dark red metallic and that worked out.

But yes, there are thigh enhancers on the BvS body just like the JL body. The Mos body is the only one that doesn't have the large thigh enhancers or forearm enhancers.

While I agree that Knightmare Batman is the star of this set, I'm actually quite impressed with the Black Suit Superman even though I wasn't when it was first revealed. Of course, the lack of changing the hair is still a downer, I like the small improvements they've made over the original release.

I think Justin's idea that the less weathering is b/c it could be from earlier in the timeline is just his salesmanship trying to make it ok that that theirs less weathering than before so ppl will be like "yea, Justin that makes total sense!" and not complain about it.

It sort of reminds me of the scene in the first Transformers movie where Shia LeBouf is buying the Camaro from Bernie Mac.

Bernie Mac: "Well, due to the semi classic nature, slick wheels and custom paint...$5 grand"
Shia LeBouf: "yea, but that paint's faded."
Bernie Mac: "Yea, but it's custom."
Shia LeBouf: "You mean it's custom faded?"
Bernie Mac: "It's your first car, I can't expect you to understand"

As much as I appreciate Justin's reviews, as he does give good views of the figure and accessories most of the time as well as comparisons, he's definitely a salesman, no question about it.
Good stuff. What blue did you use? It looks fantastic, nice work my friend.

Thanks.

A pinkish hue? George Costanza would be very proud lol. Gotta admit you're tempting me to go back in and mod again.

I think Justin's idea that the less weathering is b/c it could be from earlier in the timeline is just his salesmanship trying to make it ok that that theirs less weathering than before so ppl will be like "yea, Justin that makes total sense!" and not complain about it.

Yeah, there could be much truth to that! Possibly nails what’s going on there. But to play devil’s advocate, if Justin sees his main purpose as selling (because of a presumed business relationship with Hot Toys, or the toy store that he links in the description, or both) why go to the trouble of pointing out something that subtle… including comparing side by side with the OG figure… that will clearly bother some buyers? Like, trying to being preemptive there to defend it would just draw attention to it, etc. And he also notes the disappointment in Hot Toys for not making an updated Henry Cavill head sculpt with correct hair. But anyway I don‘t disagree with you overall about Justin. His reviews tend to tilt positive for sure. At the end of the day he comes off as kind of a cheerleader. With the third party reviews—which he does a lot of—he‘s presumably free to be more honest, i.e., explains that it’s not a promotional review, etc. But there too he tends to accentuate the positive.

Last edited:
I wonder when this two-pack will start shipping to the US and elsewhere. Isn’t it usually about a month before it releases in Hong Kong before Hot Toys makes it to their distributors outside of China?

Had not been following up with the HT news lately.. I just realised today the pack had been released almost a week ago.. hahaha....
Well, I have this one on PO, I've missed out on the original Knightmare Bats, an the Black Suit Supes is accurate to ZS's original version..
I am an ardent fan of his style since MOS.....
So, in terms of JL, my combination will be:-

Black Suit Supes
BVS Bats
BVS WW
JL Flash
FL Aquaman
Cyborg (on PO)

KN Bats will have to pair with BVS Supes then.. (and 3rd party knightmare Joker)

The one out of place is my Golden WW Deluxe...... it's still in the box...

Good stuff. What blue did you use? It looks fantastic, nice work my friend.
Thanks. I didn't use a specific blue. Just mixed whatever blue I have that's already on the darker side and added a bit of black to make it darker. I did this custom about 4 years ago now (maybe more) so I can't tell you the specifics on how much of one or the other. Just have to go with whatever looks right to you.
A pinkish hue? George Costanza would be very proud lol. Gotta admit you're tempting me to go back in and mod again.
:lol

I always welcome seeing MoS customs. Seems like most custom artists forget about this figure and have only modded the BvS and JL superman figures to be more accurate.
I wonder when this two-pack will start shipping to the US and elsewhere. Isn’t it usually about a month before it releases in Hong Kong before Hot Toys makes it to their distributors outside of China?
Hard to know these days. Some figures have been shipping here in the US from sideshow just a week or 2 after release in HK (like DX19 Batman, Snow Speeder Luke and Iron man Mark V reissue) and others still take a month or more.

Last edited:
I feel they typically average two to three months from Hong Kong release until they start shipping to the US…Golden Armor Wonder Woman Deluxe and BOP Harley Quinn seemed to both be in that range…

Back