Your October/Halloween Movie List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're in a steady rotation of Carpenter's Halloween, Ghostbusters 1984, Garfield's Halloween, and Great Pumpkin while our two year old is running around. By night the wife and I hit the rest of the horror collection which is too vast to list here. Going to give From Beyond a spin next.

Great plan!

Oooh I want to play that game! LOL

Hell yeah! Tarman was my avatar for 2013 Spook. :rock

You've probably seen it but here's my green variant Tarman.
5076828f90c2e8644a22998ec1df3a3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very excellent. Football today and unless my team has a frightening score, I won't be watching any horror... Tomorrow, though. Just need to pick a film. I'm a huge 'The Collector' fan and I think it's the Director of that film that directed another one I'm interested in seeing. It's called 'The Neighbor." Anyone hear of it? Here's the trailer.

Now watching: Evil Dead II.

Last edited:
Very excellent. Football today and unless my team has a frightening score, I won't be watching any horror... Tomorrow, though. Just need to pick a film. I'm a huge 'The Collector' fan and I think it's the Director of that film that directed another one I'm interested in seeing. It's called 'The Neighbor." Anyone hear of it? Here's the trailer.

Never heard of this movie. Let us know what you think about it. I'm always looking for a good suspense/thriller.

I'm going to sneak in one last horror flick for the day because the football games are starting in about 3 hours.

Now watching: Army of Darkness.

If anyone wants one of those B movies that's actually not that bad, I have one for you.. for years I have annually watched Urban Legends 2: Bloody Mary. You're not going to get a huge blockbuster but it's one of those films that keeps your attention enough, as a fair story and has a couple of jump moments. I save it for the month of October but really looking forward to seeing it again. :D

If anyone wants one of those B movies that's actually not that bad, I have one for you.. for years I have annually watched Urban Legends 2: Bloody Mary. You're not going to get a huge blockbuster but it's one of those films that keeps your attention enough, as a fair story and has a couple of jump moments. I save it for the month of October but really looking forward to seeing it again. :D
I've seen the Urban Legend movies but it's been a long while now. I'll watch them again. :)

1. Return of the Living Dead
2. The Shining
3. The Adams Family
The Shining is easily in my Top 5 Best Kubrick movies and probably takes the #1 spot. :rock

I saw this banner tonight of the films that are supposed to be released in 2017. Could make next years horror watching nice and busy!

14355078_1067379180047888_3846392083521147369_n.jpg

the most frightening movie experience i ever had was Takashi Miike's "Audition". this was around the year 2002. A friend wanted a bunch of us to go see this movie with him, he had already seen it a few years before when it came out. He told us not to look anything up about it. So we went to this small theater in the city, and i remember it was also very warm in the theater, plus it was pretty full. I didnt even know it was going to be a Japanese film. None of us knew anything. So the first 45 min of the movie is like a love story and it was pretty good, Then all of a sudden it just went to hell and I was under the seat the rest of the movie. People started to leave the theater. 3 of our friends left. I stayed with my hands over my eyes, but i just wanted it to end. I was scared out of my mind. Some of you might have seen it and might think it wasn't that bad, but when you go in not knowing anything about it, i think it just added to the experience. Plus when people started walking out, I never seen anything like that either. dozens of people left. We all still talk about that experience to this day and laugh, but man, it was the most frightening movie experience I ever had. I never saw that film again, but from what i have heard its one of his most tame movies. So i can't even imagine what his others are like. :panic:

2. The Shining
3. The Adams Family
4. The Invisible Man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the most frightening movie experience i ever had was Takashi Miike's "Audition". this was around the year 2002. A friend wanted a bunch of us to go see this movie with him, he had already seen it a few years before when it came out. He told us not to look anything up about it. So we went to this small theater in the city, and i remember it was also very warm in the theater, plus it was pretty full. I didnt even know it was going to be a Japanese film. None of us knew anything. So the first 45 min of the movie is like a love story and it was pretty good, Then all of a sudden it just went to hell and I was under the seat the rest of the movie. People started to leave the theater. 3 of our friends left. I stayed with my hands over my eyes, but i just wanted it to end. I was scared out of my mind. Some of you might have seen it and might think it wasn't that bad, but when you go in not knowing anything about it, i think it just added to the experience. Plus when people started walking out, I never seen anything like that either. dozens of people left. We all still talk about that experience to this day and laugh, but man, it was the most frightening movie experience I ever had. I never saw that film again, but from what i have heard its one of his most tame movies. So i can't even imagine what his others are like. :panic:

What an awesome story! I usually enjoy movies more the less I know about it going in. I don't want to be influenced in any way.
Thanks for sharing.

Speaking about people walking out...

Back in 1973 (no I wasn't there:)) there was a movie based on the story by William Peter Blatty that had customers not only walking out of theaters, but some were throwing up right there. It was very extreme for its time and controversial. Even to this day many consider it the "scariest movie ever".

I've given enough clues for you to find out what it is called. Look it up! Watch it if you haven't already. :)

What an awesome story! I usually enjoy movies more the less I know about it going in. I don't want to be influenced in any way.
Thanks for sharing.

Speaking about people walking out...

Back in 1973 (no I wasn't there:)) there was a movie based on the story by William Peter Blatty that had customers not only walking out of theaters, but some were throwing up right there. It was very extreme for its time and controversial. Even to this day many consider it the "scariest movie ever".

I've given enough clues for you to find out what it is called. Look it up! Watch it if you haven't already. :)

That one's a must. It's also a good seasonal movie because in the beginning it shows leaves falling, and trick or treaters.

2. The Shining
3. The Adams Family
4. The Invisible Man
5. Creature From the Black Lagoon 3D

Back