Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I love that rotoscoping real shame he couldn’t complete his vision.

I remember watching Bakshi's LOTR for the first time in like 1982 with my visiting cousins (rented the VHS in one of those giant squeaky plastic clam shells, lol) and we were like "WTF?!??" when that one Ringraith turned toward the camera and then the riders were appearing in the sky with the lightning behind them. We had no idea how those images were appearing a cartoon and kept exclaiming "that looks real!!!" It was like we were watching CGI before CGI was a thing. :lol

Even though the digital copy can be viewed straight thru I would never watch the digital copy of LOTR 4k.

You know I may just have to give the digital ROTK EE a watch at least once just to finally see that version uninterrupted in one sitting. I caught the EE's for both FOTR and TTT on the big screen but my schedule never lined up with the theatrical releases of ROTK EE so I've always had to do the two separate discs at home.

I also find it amazing that Ralph Bakshi is still alive

No way. I remember seeing Wizards as a kid and I always had this trippy fun memory of it growing up. I finally watched it for the first time as an adult sometime last year on Prime and it sucked, lol. I saw Fire and Ice for the first time though, thought it rocked! :rock

No but I saw on your Top 99 that you really liked it.

I love the film and am curious to see what you both think.

The last act is not as strong as the first and middle but those first two acts were some of the best I have seen in films in a long time.

I know jye does not like The Shining so I don't know how he will feel about the film.. But you are a fan right Khev?

It was a perfect sequel to that film.. One I never new I wanted. I would have never guessed that I cared about what happened to Danny after the events in The Shining.

You know I may just have to give the digital ROTK EE a watch at least once just to finally see that version uninterrupted in one sitting. I caught the EE's for both FOTR and TTT on the big screen but my schedule never lined up with the theatrical releases of ROTK EE so I've always had to do the two separate discs at home.

That film is getting interrupted one way or the other.. No way I can go that long with out having a soda or water which of course means bathroom break :lol

"Fan" might be too strong a word but I've definitely always appreciated The Shining. It's probably been over 20 years since I've seen it but I feel like I still remember it well enough. I'll have to check out Dr. Sleep.

"Fan" might be too strong a word but I've definitely always appreciated The Shining. It's probably been over 20 years since I've seen it but I feel like I still remember it well enough. I'll have to check out Dr. Sleep.

It becomes a sequel at the end of the film which is the weakest part but its good enough to not ruin what I thought was a perfect film before that.

Quick catch up.

No interest in The Shining sorry lol

I hear nothing but praise for DS though.

I wasn’t aware of Ralph Bakshi connection with 77 SW, Lucas and 20th Century Fox Alan Ladd really cool.

Plus who can ever forget the gorgeous LOTR poster by Jung.

Amazing how China never cared for SW even though a Chinese american artist created the most iconic movie poster in cinematic history, life is weird lol.

Just watched Second Sight's Dawn of the Dead 4k tonight.

Wow.. The picture was amazing.. Now this is a low budget older film so it can only look so good.. But it has never looked better.

I watched the extended cut. Have not watched that version in years.. I prefer the original cut as it has more of the Goblin score and the added scenes in the EC are not really needed. But it was still fun to watch.

Just watched Second Sight's Dawn of the Dead 4k tonight.

Wow.. The picture was amazing.. Now this is a low budget older film so it can only look so good.. But it has never looked better.

I watched the extended cut. Have not watched that version in years.. I prefer the original cut as it has more of the Goblin score and the added scenes in the EC are not really needed. But it was still fun to watch.

Of all movies Dawn of the Dead gets one of the best releases of the year lol

You might still like Doctor Sleep.. It really is nothing like The Shining.

Well now that me my wife and son have covid and are isolated for the next 2 weeks I might give it a watch lol

Well damn I hope the three of you have mild symptoms until it passes.

Thank you brother

So far my son had a quick 1 day mild fever and it went away now he’s got a slight cough otherwise pretty normal.

My wife only a cough with an on off fever otherwise pretty normal.

That leaves me.

I feel like a train hit me.

I have a 24/7 kidney stone type pain for the last 3 days.

I am on narcotics trying to control this absolutely insane pain.

It feels like a knife is being dug into my sciatic nerve.

You might still like Doctor Sleep.. It really is nothing like The Shining.

I actually didnt like Dr Sleep as much as The Shinning for that reason lol. You might be right though, if you didn?t like The Shinning you might like Dr Sleep. Very different films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well now that me my wife and son have covid and are isolated for the next 2 weeks I might give it a watch lol

Oh no.. Good to hear the child and wife are doing better. Sucks that you got pain going on. Nice to know you still come here to visit during that though.

Get better buddy.

I actually didnt like Dr Sleep as much as The Shinning for that reason lol. You might be right though, if you didn?t like The Shinning you might like Dr Sleep. Very different films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love both.

They are very different films but they still feel part of the same story.. For me I thought it was done just about perfectly. All the stuff at the end was actually my least fav part.

Back