Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_mw7hzcFMz01ruih21o1_1280.jpg

Hannibal Season 1​

So I picked up Scarface on BR finally. The steelbook was the same price on sale as the regular BR box so I figured I'll buy my first steelbook and see what the craze is all about for these things...........now that I own one I still don't get why people go bonkers for steelbooks.

There's an $8 off coupon on the Disney Rewards site for The Lone Ranger. You just have to print it off.

So I picked up Scarface on BR finally. The steelbook was the same price on sale as the regular BR box so I figured I'll buy my first steelbook and see what the craze is all about for these things...........now that I own one I still don't get why people go bonkers for steelbooks.

Steelbooks, like all collectibles, aren't for everyone I guess.

I got my first steelbook in 2009, and thought that was me done. Alas, here we are 4 years later, and I have over 100 now. I think you just get the bug. Every time there is a Steelbook pre-order, I find myself ordering it now.

Some steelbooks are lame, I will give you that. But when they have exclusive artwork, they can look really nice.

Steelbooks, like all collectibles, aren't for everyone I guess.

I got my first steelbook in 2009, and thought that was me done. Alas, here we are 4 years later, and I have over 100 now. I think you just get the bug. Every time there is a Steelbook pre-order, I find myself ordering it now.

Some steelbooks are lame, I will give you that. But when they have exclusive artwork, they can look really nice.

All steelbooks are the same to me unless they have something special like embossing or something...and I have quite a lot of them as well. I just get them because they are different and I collect movies in general.

:lecture:exactly:

Everyone talks about how great it is. I have always wondered what I was missing because I think it is terrible.

One of the reasons I hate it is because every year on the last day of school before Christmas, they play that movie to the kids at my school. I have to sit there and at least listen to it. I'm sick of it and it's not a good movie at all. They told me today they'll be showing it tomorrow. And the kids don't even understand it and get bored with it. The principal loves it though so.....every frickin' year! :gah:

One of the reasons I hate it is because every year on the last day of school before Christmas, they play that movie to the kids at my school. I have to sit there and at least listen to it. I'm sick of it and it's not a good movie at all. They told me today they'll be showing it tomorrow. And the kids don't even understand it and get bored with it. The principal loves it though so.....every frickin' year! :gah:

Ugh... I work at a school too. Teachers usually play whatever they want (grinch, charlie brown, etc.) We do have some that play polar express and I feel bad for those kids... lol.

All steelbooks are the same to me unless they have something special like embossing or something...and I have quite a lot of them as well. I just get them because they are different and I collect movies in general.

:exactly: movies are a collectible to me too.

So if a Steelbook has no embossed features, you won't get it? You won't buy a steelbook with alternative artwork?

:exactly: movies are a collectible to me too.

So if a Steelbook has no embossed features, you won't get it? You won't buy a steelbook with alternative artwork?

The artwork is the selling point for me. If I love the art I will get it (as long as I want to see the movie). The deboss/emboss features are a plus.

Back