Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Yes, Amazon charges me tax now..."

Sucks doesn't it!!! Takes away some of the advantage of ordering from Amazon. Still, I usually pre-order on day 1 when I know it is something I'm definitely going to get, and hope the low price guarantee works to my advantage! The Universal 100th Anniversary set I ordered on day 1 for $249 approximately, and within a couple of days it was $100 more! Of course, now it has dropped back to the $249 range...

Sucks doesn't it!!! Takes away some of the advantage of ordering from Amazon. Still, I usually pre-order on day 1 when I know it is something I'm definitely going to get, and hope the low price guarantee works to my advantage! The Universal 100th Anniversary set I ordered on day 1 for $249 approximately, and within a couple of days it was $100 more! Of course, now it has dropped back to the $249 range...

I see a bunch of people on different boards complaining about Amazon charging tax now...welcome to the rest of the world :lol Don't know how come they just started now.

IMAG0037_zpsc51ecb17.jpg

I see a bunch of people on different boards complaining about Amazon charging tax now...welcome to the rest of the world :lol Don't know how come they just started now.

In the US, we have never paid tax for online purchases unless the merchant has a physical presence in the same state as the purchaser because each state has different tax rates and retailers have fought against it from day one as too complex to implement. Amazon still doesn't charge tax to most of its customers, only those in states where they have fulfillment centers, etc. Unfortunately, Texas now has a fulfillment center and Amazon and the state reached an agreement to collect taxes, so starting a couple of months ago, I now pay tax on Amazon purchases!

I didn't get that either. Annoying really. I had to contact them to get my free 2 disc bluray. I don't want to have to contact them again about my 4 disc. Yes, I got both. :lol

Yeah, I'll end up with both as I still want to get the 3D set, but at least the 2D was free! :yess:

In the US, we have never paid tax for online purchases unless the merchant has a physical presence in the same state as the purchaser because each state has different tax rates and retailers have fought against it from day one as too complex to implement. Amazon still doesn't charge tax to most of its customers, only those in states where they have fulfillment centers, etc. Unfortunately, Texas now has a fulfillment center and Amazon and the state reached an agreement to collect taxes, so starting a couple of months ago, I now pay tax on Amazon purchases!

the closest amazon warehouse to me is right next to the CVG airport in kentucky. right across the river :yess:

I see. Thanks for the explanation my friend.

the closest amazon warehouse to me is right next to the CVG airport in kentucky. right across the river :yess:

Yeah, I'm originally from KY so I can't even order and have stuff shipped home without paying taxes! We have been spoiled... once the Internet tax freedom finally gets taken away, a lot of people are in for a big surprise! It's amazing just how much we've been saving; for example, just on the Bond 50 set I'll pay just under $13 in tax, for the Universal Monsters BD set, over $9 in tax and for the Universal 100th set, over $20 in tax!!! Just those three sets add up to over $40 in tax that I wasn't paying a few months ago.

I will be there. :D

PM sent! :hi5:

Yeah, I'm originally from KY so I can't even order and have stuff shipped home without paying taxes! We have been spoiled... once the Internet tax freedom finally gets taken away, a lot of people are in for a big surprise! It's amazing just how much we've been saving; for example, just on the Bond 50 set I'll pay just under $13 in tax, for the Universal Monsters BD set, over $9 in tax and for the Universal 100th set, over $20 in tax!!! Just those three sets add up to over $40 in tax that I wasn't paying a few months ago.

Did you order the UM set from the UK or US?

Got my email. Wow. Even though I hate waiting a few extra days for my bluray's, I can't really complain with the discounts that Amazon does give me. I'm quite thankful to them for that. I got these two great items and both for under $20 combined.

Back