Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly...It's a freakin aluminum case for a Blu ray or DVD disc. And im sure hundreds of thousands if not more are made. What is so special or valuable about that? :lol

Because alot of you will never own it and be stuck with a crappy cheap blu case, while some get a nice COLLECTORS case, which looks different and better in most cases. And most steelbooks are not made in hundreds of thousands! :lol There is a reason they are rare and exclusive to one store. If I don't go on release day, it's usually sold out. They only get a handful in across the store chain (ie Future Shop) And some of us like collecting movies and exclusives. Would it be any different if you were proud to show us and tell us about the limited Sideshow exclusive statue that you got? Or should I just not care and say it's still the same statue who cares :)

it's still the same movie :huh
Not always. Many of the Steelbooks are imports from other countries that have different features and such. Some imports have different A/V tracks that are superior than the ones in the U.S.

Exactly...It's a freakin aluminum case for a Blu ray or DVD disc. And im sure hundreds of thousands if not more are made. What is so special or valuable about that? :lol

Wrong. More often than not the Steelbooks are limited releases and exclusives for certain countries and/or stores. Steelbooks in the U.S. are just starting to be released, and most of them are made with different material than the import cases. If you actually own one you'll notice that it is indeed nicer build quality than the typical Blu Ray case. If that isn't important to you then by all means don't bother buying one, but some of these are in fact collectibles.

Because alot of you will never own it and be stuck with a crappy cheap blu case, while some get a nice COLLECTORS case, which looks different and better in most cases. And most steelbooks are not made in hundreds of thousands! :lol There is a reason they are rare and exclusive to one store. If I don't go on release day, it's usually sold out. They only get a handful in across the store chain (ie Future Shop) And some of us like collecting movies and exclusives. Would it be any different if you were proud to show us and tell us about the limited Sideshow exclusive statue that you got? Or should I just not care and say it's still the same statue who cares :)

:lecture. My Inception German Steelbook is out for delivery today.

You tell 'em! :yess:

Received my Blu Ray copies of Grown Ups, Superbad, and Fanboys today from Amazon!! No slip case for Grown Ups though...

Inception FINALLY arrived today :yess:

6f14224f.jpg

46e74ab9.jpg

Found that Amazon had a good deal on the Bond Blu Rays, so got all the Blu Rays they have made except last two(already those) and also finally got the Godfather set on Blu Ray.

Received my Blu Ray copies of Grown Ups, Superbad, and Fanboys today from Amazon!! No slip case for Grown Ups though...

Mine either :(

Still hoping it drops below $20 soon. Like Knight and Day (which arrived :clap)

Only the Combo pack of Grown Ups come with a slipcover. The single disc version doesnt have one.

Back