You should be ashamed SS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Movie studios work the same way.

They put out a ton of crap so they can have enough money to fund the serious movies.

Thats why Elvis made so many movies for MGM. He was the pack horse of the studio so they could make "real" movies off the money his movies grossed.

(not to infer that SW and Marvel are lesser lines by any means).

Darth Loki said:
I said Marvel is by far, hands down the best line that SS has right now.

But you have to accept that is opinion and not fact. It's fact to you because that's how you feel. To me, the SW PF's are the best line.

Someone could offer me a mint exclusive Doom PF for $100 and I would not buy it ( unless I was allowed to flip it ) because I have zero interest in the character or the line. If I HAD to keep the Doom PF I would not pay anything for it due to lack of interest.

KitFisto said:
But you have to accept that is opinion and not fact. It's fact to you because that's how you feel. To me, the SW PF's are the best line.

Someone could offer me a mint exclusive Doom PF for $100 and I would not buy it ( unless I was allowed to flip it ) because I have zero interest in the character or the line. If I HAD to keep the Doom PF I would not pay anything for it due to lack of interest.

This is my vote for best of the Star Wars PFs. Sorry, I am always off topic. :monkey3
7119_press02-001.jpg

Darth Loki said:
SW and LOTR are the most important to me as well. But that wasn't what I said. I said Marvel is by far, hands down the best line that SS has right now. LOTR PF's certainly have the ability to rival them, Lurtz is as impressive as any Marvel PF except Doom. But we have so little to go on that it can't really be compared at the present.

In your opinion. That doesn't make it so. IMO and I'm pretty sure a lot of others Marvel is the third best SS has. Does that make it so. No, it doesn't. :D

I've seen Doom. Hell, I saw Doom when he went up in 2005 at SDCC. He's awesome that's for sure. I wish I had that piece but IMO Doom is not the best piece ever but that doesn't make it so by any means either. :)

jlcmsu said:
In your opinion. That doesn't make it so. IMO and I'm pretty sure a lot of others Marvel is the third best SS has. Does that make it so. No, it doesn't. :D

I've seen Doom. Hell, I saw Doom when he went up in 2005 at SDCC. He's awesome that's for sure. I wish I had that piece but IMO Doom is not the best piece ever but that doesn't make it so by any means either. :)
Doooooooooooooooooom!!!!!

KitFisto said:

I have all three lines going. There is no comparison. SW is my first love and you all know I love LOTR. BUT the Marvel PF's blow anyone but Grievous out of the water. Grievous is the only PF that can come close. There are many eh, SW PF's (Luke, Han, Boba) and half of the LOTR PF's are eh (small sample size though). But the Marvel pieces are always great. There aren't really any pieces that are just ok. Then when you through in the VS series and comiquettes, it's not even fair. I didn't get into the Marvel stuff becuase I liked it more than LOTR or SW, I got into it because it IS the best line SS is producing right now.

I understand that you want to pass this off as my 'oppinion', but at least I have the ability to judge all 3 lines first hand. I see all my pieces everyday and my Marvel collection brings the biggest smile to my face.

Darth Loki said:
I understand that you want to pass this off as my 'oppinion', but at least I have the ability to judge all 3 lines first hand. I see all my pieces everyday and my Marvel collection brings the biggest smile to my face.

It is only your opinion. Plain and simple. You don't own the right to say this is FACT. Sorry Loki.

I've owned pieces from all three lines and there's a reason I sold my Marvel pieces and not my LOTR or SW. :)

Just remember folks, if it wasn't for LOTR, then both SW and Marvel would be nowhere because Sideshow would not even be popular . . .

I agree that Marvel is king today, but pound for pound, LOTR lords over all in terms of grail pieces so far. LOTR started it . . .and I'm just hoping LOTR ends it as well.

pixletwin said:
(not to infer that SW and Marvel are lesser lines by any means).

What they have is a broader audience. They appeal to more people.

But as stated above, it is funny the difference in collector mentality between the two. Having been a part of Star Wars collecting media for the last six years, I can assure you that no one complains more than Star Wars collectors. Ironically, they'll still buy everything no matter how much the diss it in a public forum.

Marvel collectors on the other hand have been given nothing but mediocre crap for years, and have a very fond appreciation for the high quality and flawless design of the SSC Marvel pieces (excluding the PF Logan... that thing bugs me) since it's the best they've ever had.

Adding to the Star Wars collector ironies, SSC is also the best thing to ever happen to Star Wars, but SW collectors refuse to admit satisfaction. I dunno why. Inherent character flaw? Maybe...

:monkey1

Batty said:
I forget, what is the topic of this thread? :lol

i think it is about the grievances towards SS not releasing any info about the next LOTR PF... to me, it is a good news... Every PF hurts the pocket... badly... and so is my storeroom space..

Darth Loki said:
I have all three lines going. There is no comparison. SW is my first love and you all know I love LOTR. BUT the Marvel PF's blow anyone but Grievous out of the water. Grievous is the only PF that can come close. There are many eh, SW PF's (Luke, Han, Boba) and half of the LOTR PF's are eh (small sample size though). But the Marvel pieces are always great. There aren't really any pieces that are just ok. Then when you through in the VS series and comiquettes, it's not even fair. I didn't get into the Marvel stuff becuase I liked it more than LOTR or SW, I got into it because it IS the best line SS is producing right now.

You're still not seeing that it's your opinion though. Like you said, the Marvel pieces bring the biggest smile to YOUR face. They bring a big "Meh" to mine. I have seen some of these Marvel pieces first hand in your house and in my local comic shop.

I am not saying they are not nice pieces, but they hold no real interest to me. I much prefer the SW PF's to them. You mention throwing int he vs dio's, but not even the LOTR or SW vs dio's hold any interest much less the marvel ones.

It's all about taste an opinion and what your favorite is. So, in my opinion the SW PF's are the best line SS has going. In your opinion it's Marvel and it's ok on both sides. You just can't come out and state that it's FACT that Marvel is the best because you say so and everyone should agree.

Now, :emperor to you! :D

Last edited:
Radagaster said:
Just remember folks, if it wasn't for LOTR, then both SW and Marvel would be nowhere because Sideshow would not even be popular . . .

I agree that Marvel is king today, but pound for pound, LOTR lords over all in terms of grail pieces so far. LOTR started it . . .and I'm just hoping LOTR ends it as well.

I don't disagree with you at all. The SSW pieces are king of all the SS lines for now. The numbers alone are staggering for all those pieces. But since that line has ended, I wasn't factoring it in. I was mainly talking about PF's, maquettes, and 12" lines.

IMO, to date, SW + LOTR < Marvel

That can change very soon if some great LOTR PF's are announced but Marvel still has Captain America coming which looks to be another fantastic Marvel PF.

What was the last SW PF that EVERYONE said was amazing?

KitFisto said:
Now, :emperor to you! :D

I can't wait to see your draw drop the next time you come up. You will kneel and pay homage to the all mighty Marvel line :D

Marvel line is the most consistent. The SW PFs are pretty hit and miss. LOTR lies somewhere in between since they only have 2 to judge by so far.

If we are talking about grail pieces....the SW line is trash. most of them can be bought for less than retail.

Why is it that most Marvel pieces only rise in value? :)

Darth Loki said:
I can't wait to see your draw drop the next time you come up. You will kneel and pay homage to the all mighty Marvel line :D

Yeah yeah. I will admire your Marvel stuff for your sake, but focus on the important SW and LOTR stuff! Oh, and I will try not to laugh at Harry Potter :D

Edit : and oh yeah, when you get back down my way you WILL kneel before the greatest of them all. The CINEMAQUETTE!!!!!!!!!

Why is it that most Marvel pieces only rise in value?

Much more limited edition size in most cases. Exclusives for Marvel are usually 200-500 and SW is 1,100-1,200.

Han Solo had a cheesy exclusive, but a low edition size and he's risen in value quite nicely.

but SW collectors refuse to admit satisfaction. I dunno why. Inherent character flaw? Maybe...

:monkey1

Does seem to happen this way doesn't it. :lol

The Marvel line is an awesome line for sure. I've liked most of what SS has done in that line. I wouldn't knock it anyways that's for sure. It's just for me not the top line. Which can vary from person 2 person. :)

nash said:
Marvel line is the most consistent. The SW PFs are pretty hit and miss. LOTR lies somewhere in between since they only have 2 to judge by so far.

If we are talking about grail pieces....the SW line is trash. most of them can be bought for less than retail.

Why is it that most Marvel pieces only rise in value? :)

I have collected all of the lines and am forced to agree with every word of that...pure truth..:D

Back