IRIS 1/6 Romero Joker Clothes set - BEWARE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh, you know, it just seemed like the easiest way to do things. Frankly, I didn't even think to look at my paypal account for the address. Of course, I didn't think I was going to have to micromanage every aspect of this project either, verifying that money was going where it should etc. Rookie mistake on my part and obviously far too trusting of others
When supposed reputable people rip you off, it isn’t a rookie mistake.

I'm kinda surprised that more boards don't have a "Hall of Shame" or something to allow people to post about their bad experiences or just plain getting ripped off

So, an update, just to be fair about the situation. IRIS is in the process of refunding the members of the group that asked for a refund. I got mine this morning. But to summarize, this project has been three years in the making. We had very, VERY little communication from IRIS and then our project runner bailed. Two different issues, but when both of them combined, it wasn't pretty. Over the three years, we heard from IRIS maybe three or four times. Do what you want with this info. As with the initial post, I'm just laying it out there for everyone. Peace out.

Guys, what is still a mystery is did Iris ever start or never started on this run? Why would she tell everyone to wait if she never started at all?

I guess the answer is the obvious if money was refunded.

Guys, what is still a mystery is did Iris ever start or never started on this run? Why would she tell everyone to wait if she never started at all?

I guess the answer is the obvious if money was refunded.
Yep. Never even started after three years is my guess. Or she may have eaten the initial start up costs, who knows. I'm just glad everyone that wanted a refund got it.

Yeah, good to hear.

Now I wonder what happened to Jeff Vargas?
Well, I hope the dude is OK. Since we got our money back, it's clear he forwarded the funds to IRIS, so the worst suspicions have been laid to rest. At the very least, the next time he signs on he asks "Hey, where did everyone go?" :LOL:

Last edited:
It still doesn’t make any sense what iris never started/completed the project. It was a simple outfit. The only thing I can think of is that is was not a big run and her profit would be minimal compared to a larger and/or more expensive project. Were we set aside in favor of other higher paying projects.

It still doesn’t make any sense what iris never started/completed the project. It was a simple outfit. The only thing I can think of is that is was not a big run and her profit would be minimal compared to a larger and/or more expensive project. Were we set aside in favor of other higher paying projects.

That also doesn’t really make sense. Iris has been around for some time and she has been a well regarded tailor. No way she would have picked up the project in the first place and not follow through. I have commissioned her on a few private runs
and she was great. If you look at some of her recent smaller runs, they are up to 15 only.

I wonder if she could not find the fabric or the work was probably much more in cost than she thought “ on a simple suit” which was the problem.

My other Q is has anyone heard from Spencer? He was actually a great artist
with so many interesting projects

Back