IRIS 1/6 Romero Joker Clothes set - BEWARE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarge

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Admins, please remove if not allowed. My sole intent is to keep other 1/6th types from losing money here. A group of us got together to have a 1/6 Romero Joker made, since Hot Toys is never going to do it. We contracted IRIS to do the clothes. That was three years ago. Our showrunner hasn't been seen or heard from since September, and IRIS herself has given us nothing, even though we each sent in 150 bucks to get the thing started. When she does reply, it's always "Oh, I've been really busy, I'll show you something in a couple of weeks", and we never hear from her again for months. We're finally at a point where we've requested a refund, and she has gone silent again. Like I said, just trying to save someone from losing money like we did. Take this info however you want.

its honestly interesting to me, i wouldn't exactly blame iris. Still, it's awfully strange to me how Mr nobody has a 2019 joke run with her that's apparently slated for completion in a few months but absolutely nothing coming out of the 1966 joker run. id put more blame on the project runner for ghosting and not handling his project properly. I've been keeping tabs and im sorry you guys are going through that, it must be awful but hopefully, you guys are able to get a refund back from your deposits. a lot probably heavily stems from the project manager since a few recently disappeared. its good to be aware and hesitant about iris and her track record after this run. im aware some of you gave the okay for a sample to be made, but the ETA date has long passed and im pretty sure most would prefer to just move on after waiting so long.

You can blame the project manager all you like, but Iris still has the responsibility of communicating with us, especially since several of us have attempted to make contact with her many times. She replied to one of my messages last month when I asked for a refund, then went silent again. Not trustworthy!

its honestly interesting to me, i wouldn't exactly blame iris. Still, it's awfully strange to me how Mr nobody has a 2019 joke run with her that's apparently slated for completion in a few months but absolutely nothing coming out of the 1966 joker run. id put more blame on the project runner for ghosting and not handling his project properly. I've been keeping tabs and im sorry you guys are going through that, it must be awful but hopefully, you guys are able to get a refund back from your deposits. a lot probably heavily stems from the project manager since a few recently disappeared. its good to be aware and hesitant about iris and her track record after this run. im aware some of you gave the okay for a sample to be made, but the ETA date has long passed and im pretty sure most would prefer to just move on after waiting so long.
I hope all is well in the project runners world. I really do. But he hasn't checked in since Sept. In the end, it's still IRIS that has our money, and in my view if people are asking for a refund, she needs to get that done, especially after three years with NOTHING

I hope all is well in the project runners world. I really do. But he hasn't checked in since Sept. In the end, it's still IRIS that has our money, and in my view if people are asking for a refund, she needs to get that done, especially after three years with NOTHING
Exactly!

Guys, it is really unfortunate this happened. What is odd is I have known IRIS for many years and she was one of the premier artist with great work and review. We live in a crazy world these days. Something could have happened but if there are still work coming from her other clients, then this is no excuse.

XxX joker, Which other recent host has disappeared ?

Last edited:
Guys, it is really unfortunate this happened. What is odd is I have known IRIS for many years and she was one of the premier artist with great work and review. We live in a crazy world these days. Something could have happened but if there are still work coming from her other clients, then this is no excuse.

Nothing has happened. She's still doing work for others. In fact, there is at least one project she started and is finishing after this one was commissioned. We have asked for a refund and have heard nothing, even though she replied to us a month or some ago when others started asking. She asked for one more week, we gave her two and crickets. Seems she's decided to pad the pockets a bit

I definitely think both are to blame, the project runner/manager and IRIS. It is odd that some of her other projects are moving forward while others are lagging way behind.

There's no telling if the project manager even gave her the deposit. Her repones could very well just an auto response she gives to anyone who asks "where's my stuff?" since I'm sure she knows how slow and behind she is.

Not saying she's off the hook by any means b/c I'm also in a project that is coming up on year 3 this summer. But since the project manager for the 66' Joker project has gone a-wall, it makes me wonder if he even gave her the deposit. Sure he says he had money in too, but did he really? Or did he take everyone's money and pretend he was waiting too until long enough time passed that he could just fade away without any chance anyone could get PayPal refunds since the refund window would be long passed by now?

Another project bites the dust and money missing...

This is getting ridiculous. And sadly, untrustworthy. It's why I left custom projects behind a while ago now.
And this is why I don't like joining group runs all that much and have left my customizing to one offs from GeeWhiz (before they were so expensive) or just putting things together based on what was available. Even though a lot of the times the tailors do incredible work, the wait times and over reliance one one person to collect ALL the money and honestly give that to the custom artist is one worry as well as if the custom artist will actually do the work and not just cut and run with everyone's money.

I wondered too about the project manager keeping the money, but when Iris responded to my message last month, that was her opportunity to set the record straight. She had every chance to let us know what has happened. By asking for an additional week, she pretty much let us know that she has the funds.

The manager is a solid guy. He is also a respected painter so I really doubt for a few dollars, this would be the case.

one that i think of because i try to keep track of existing joaquin phoenix joker customs is nighty, who's in charge of the joker 2019 run. its been almost 3-4 years now i think and no update at all to my understand

I definitely think both are to blame, the project runner/manager and IRIS. It is odd that some of her other projects are moving forward while others are lagging way behind.

There's no telling if the project manager even gave her the deposit. Her repones could very well just an auto response she gives to anyone who asks "where's my stuff?" since I'm sure she knows how slow and behind she is.

Not saying she's off the hook by any means b/c I'm also in a project that is coming up on year 3 this summer. But since the project manager for the 66' Joker project has gone a-wall, it makes me wonder if he even gave her the deposit. Sure he says he had money in too, but did he really? Or did he take everyone's money and pretend he was waiting too until long enough time passed that he could just fade away without any chance anyone could get PayPal refunds since the refund window would be long passed by now?
The money went right to IRIS' account

The money went right to IRIS' account
Are you sure about that? Wouldn’t you have already had her email address then (since you need one to send money through PayPal) if the money you sent her went right into her paypal account? Instead, you needed to ask around for her email address in order to contact her. Even if she had sent you a paypal invoice, her email address would've been in the invoice, since you're saying payment went right into her account. Did she ever actually respond to your email or just your Facebook message? If just the FB message, are you sure the email/paypal email was actually hers and not one that emeraldknight created for you all to send to, pretending it was Iris'? Or where you able to confirm that both the email address he gave you to send money to and the one another member gave you were the same?

Again, not trying to defend her b/c I agree that she is partly to blame here. Like I said, I'm also part of a clothing run with her as the tailor that's not going anywhere and likely not going to from the sounds of it; so, I understand your frustration of paying money with nothing to show for it for multiple years. Just things aren’t exactly adding up to where it’s completely her fault given that your project manager also bailed on the run.

It's just a little curious when it seems a little fishy that the project manager also hasn't been around for like 6 months or more. Like I said, Iris definitely shares in the blame for taking on too many projects that she can't keep up, therefore keeping many ppl waiting; but emeralknight is equally to blame at this point. If he was in the threads constantly showing proof that he's tried to contact her about the status, then yea, I'd say it's all on Iris. But there's no one who knows his whereabouts apparently, so that isn't the case :dunno

There is no question though that she's choosing who's projects to prioritize given that the Connery Blue Tuxedo just got it's first prototype and that project was started many months after yours.

To be clear, I'm not saying your wrong in your anger/frustration. I'm 100% on board with you and hope some good comes out of this as a result as I'm sure many ppl are going to be thinking twice about commissioning her to do any work as time goes on and she continues to not deliver. I just wonder if there's more at play here.

Last edited:
I can verify that the mail address for Iris is correct. I had previous communication with her on another item from a while back and it is the same email address she messaged me from a few weeks ago.

What doesn’t make sense is we are not talking about a lot of money here. I think with just the deposit at 15-16, it is not much. Especially if you guys think she is still working on another run.

I do agree she needs to make things right. Im beginning to wonder if it make sense to pull out of other Iris runs now. I also notice lately most of the older runners are not using IRIS anymore and only those who are very new have start using her.

Last edited:
What doesn’t make sense is we are not talking about a lot of money here. I think with just the deposit at 15-16, it is not much. Especially if you guys think she is still working on another run.

I do agree she needs to make things right. Im beginning to wonder if it make sense to pull out of other Iris runs now. I also notice lately most of the older runners are not using IRIS anymore and only those who are very new have start using her.
All good questions.

Last edited:
Are you sure about that? Wouldn’t you have already had her email address then (since you need one to send money through PayPal) if the money you sent her went right into her paypal account? Instead, you needed to ask around for her email address in order to contact her. Even if she had sent you a paypal invoice, her email address would've been in the invoice, since you're saying payment went right into her account. Did she ever actually respond to your email or just your Facebook message? If just the FB message, are you sure the email/paypal email was actually hers and not one that emeraldknight created for you all to send to, pretending it was Iris'? Or where you able to confirm that both the email address he gave you to send money to and the one another member gave you were the same?

Again, not trying to defend her b/c I agree that she is partly to blame here. Like I said, I'm also part of a clothing run with her as the tailor that's not going anywhere and likely not going to from the sounds of it; so, I understand your frustration of paying money with nothing to show for it for multiple years. Just things aren’t exactly adding up to where it’s completely her fault given that your project manager also bailed on the run.

It's just a little curious when it seems a little fishy that the project manager also hasn't been around for like 6 months or more. Like I said, Iris definitely shares in the blame for taking on too many projects that she can't keep up, therefore keeping many ppl waiting; but emeralknight is equally to blame at this point. If he was in the threads constantly showing proof that he's tried to contact her about the status, then yea, I'd say it's all on Iris. But there's no one who knows his whereabouts apparently, so that isn't the case :dunno

There is no question though that she's choosing who's projects to prioritize given that the Connery Blue Tuxedo just got it's first prototype and that project was started many months after yours.

To be clear, I'm not saying your wrong in your anger/frustration. I'm 100% on board with you and hope some good comes out of this as a result as I'm sure many ppl are going to be thinking twice about commissioning her to do any work as time goes on and she continues to not deliver. I just wonder if there's more at play here.
Eh, you know, it just seemed like the easiest way to do things. Frankly, I didn't even think to look at my paypal account for the address. Of course, I didn't think I was going to have to micromanage every aspect of this project either, verifying that money was going where it should etc. Rookie mistake on my part and obviously far too trusting of others

Back