X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it’s the only film where we see him go all out. Like slice people up for once put again it didn’t show off his true potential just like like the other xmen. They were also nerfed and watered down. Magneto can make an energy field around his body, never explored, cyclops is a brilliant tactical leader, never explored, storm can fly like Thor and can basically control elements in a way. Never explored. Mystique is a villain who has deep ties to rogue. Never explored. The brotherhood is a group of mutants that were wronged by society and magneto uses this to gain there trust. Explored a lil in dofp but never touched on again.

Great for nostalgia but it’s time to change. Hugh.... u will be missed but it’s timr to move on. We need an X-Men movie at avenger tier level.

I think it’s the only film where we see him go all out. Like slice people up for once put again it didn’t show off his true potential just like like the other xmen. They were also nerfed and watered down. Magneto can make an energy field around his body, never explored, cyclops is a brilliant tactical leader, never explored, storm can fly like Thor and can basically control elements in a way. Never explored. Mystique is a villain who has deep ties to rogue. Never explored. The brotherhood is a group of mutants that were wronged by society and magneto uses this to gain there trust. Explored a lil in dofp but never touched on again.

Great for nostalgia but it’s time to change. Hugh.... u will be missed but it’s timr to move on. We need an X-Men movie at avenger tier level.

Ouch lol

While that might all be true, half the time the Avengers were underpowered and watered down also.

Nah. Hulk was. Thor not so much. Cap def wasn’t, Hawkeye was alright, vision just a bit, black widow.... meh, iron man was used fine. Even if they didn’t showcase all there powers they were used much better than the xmen and that’s not a might be true that is a definite truth. The xmen were never used to there full potential. The worked as a team in some movies but even that felt .... off

Logan’s 3rd act with those boring lame kids and their silly powers really derailed the movie for me which hurt especially after those 2 great acts that came before it.

I first came away from Logan feeling let down by the underwhelming third act but when I watched it again I realized that this film is all about the journey. It doesn't build to a traditional climax that tops everything that came before, rather every minute of the film is worthy of being savored and celebrated on the strength of the tone and acting performances alone IMO. It does have flaws especially in how the aspects of the finale are staged but I'd still call it a masterpiece of the genre.

Nah. Hulk was. Thor not so much. Cap def wasn’t, Hawkeye was alright, vision just a bit, black widow.... meh, iron man was used fine. Even if they didn’t showcase all there powers they were used much better than the xmen and that’s not a might be true that is a definite truth. The xmen were never used to there full potential. The worked as a team in some movies but even that felt .... off

I actually think the X Men characters showed a lot more power than the Avengers and MCU, with the exception of the Gauntlet. Even movie Thanos is a wimp compared to the comic version. All superheroes are nerfed on the big screen, unfortunately. Magneto had the force filed in Apocalypse, but that was the only time. The fight against Apocalypse is still one of my favorites of any superhero films. Apocalypse was having a telepathic and physical battle simultaneously.

I actually think the X Men characters showed a lot more power than the Avengers and MCU, with the exception of the Gauntlet. Even movie Thanos is a wimp compared to the comic version. All superheroes are nerfed on the big screen, unfortunately. Magneto had the force filed in Apocalypse, but that was the only time. The fight against Apocalypse is still one of my favorites of any superhero films. Apocalypse was having a telepathic and physical battle simultaneously.

When did the xmen show any type of power besides wolverine, magneto, or Professor x? The others showed only a fraction of what they can do. What powers didn’t they show for the avengers? The core 5 besides hulk was done fine. They were ultilized well. They worked as a team and had a team dynamic . They had members that didn’t switch around every film. Iron man was t the main focus for each film.

I first came away from Logan feeling let down by the underwhelming third act but when I watched it again I realized that this film is all about the journey. It doesn't build to a traditional climax that tops everything that came before, rather every minute of the film is worthy of being savored and celebrated on the strength of the tone and acting performances alone IMO. It does have flaws especially in how the aspects of the finale are staged but I'd still call it a masterpiece of the genre.

I need to revisit that 3rd act again lol

Rumor has it those same kids will show up in the third act of Rambo 5 to help Rambo beat the cartel.

“Those are our fat kids we left behind it’s never over!”

When did the xmen show any type of power besides wolverine, magneto, or Professor x? The others showed only a fraction of what they can do. What powers didn’t they show for the avengers? The core 5 besides hulk was done fine. They were ultilized well. They worked as a team and had a team dynamic . They had members that didn’t switch around every film. Iron man was t the main focus for each film.

I’m on team ironwez on this one sorry Clown lol

I mean even a silly superhero tree did more than Rogue ever did in her movies and don’t even get me started on Cyclops....

0C8CD13C-7D89-4C41-8C18-180F8B17C593.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, Logan isn't a movie that you should judge based on the major beats. It's special because it was a well made film, not a well made comic book movie, and could have stood alone as such if you took away the branding. Having said that, I also didn't love the gang of kids sub-plot so much. X-23 was pretty great, though.

If snikt was here to read this he and his 50 accounts would have a field day

Dr. Strange is nerfed badly, Scarlet Witch doesn't have her reality warping, Thanos is just strong (no energy projection, telepathy, telekinisis ..nothing but a blade), Hulk and Thor are a lot more powerful in the comics, Loki only uses little tricks and knives, yet in the comics he's got (telekinisis, energy projection, transmutation, matter manipulation..etc), Ultron nerfed, Iron Man nerfed, Nebula and Gemora nerfed, Drax REALLY nerfed, Ronan nerfed, The Grandmaster is a joke, the Black Order an even bigger joke. They had trouble with Black widow and some guy with wings.

Again, all superhero movies do it because things would get too ridiculous. That's why I dont want a live action Dragon Ball Z/Super movie, because they'll nerfed every character.

As far as the X Men, the movies focused mainly on Wolverine and later on Xavier and Magneto. I think they did a good job with those 3 characters, same with Deadpool. Kelsey Grammer as Beast was perfection too. Ice Man did a bit more in DOFP, Colossus in DP is pretty good and so was Juggernaut. All nerfed but that's how it goes. The villain in First Class was powerful , so was midget Apocalypse. Quicksilver is better than both MCU QS and JL Flash.

Dr. Strange his nerfed badly, Scarlet Witch doesn't have her reality warping, Thanos is just strong (no energy projection, telepathy, telekinisis ..nothing but a blade), Hulk and Thor are a lot more powerful in the comics, Loki only uses little tricks and knives, yet in the comics he's got (telekinisis, energy projection, transmutation, matter manipulation..etc), Ultron nerfed, Iron Man nerfed, Nebula and Gemora nerfed, Drax REALLY nerfed, Ronan nerfed, The Grandmaster is a joke, the Black Order an even bigger joke. They had trouble with Black widow and some guy with wings.

Again, all superhero movies do it because things would get too ridiculous. That's why I dont want a live action Dragon Ball Z/Super movie, because they'll nerfed every character.

As far as the X Men, the movies focused mainly on Wolverine and later on Xavier and Magneto. I think they did a good job with those 3 characters, same with Deadpool. Kelsey Grammer as Beast was perfection too. Ice Man did a bit more in DOFP, Colossus in DP is pretty good and so was Juggernaut. All nerfed but that's how it goes. The villain in First Class was powerful , so was midget Apocalypse. Quicksilver is the better than both MCU QS and JL Flash.

Nah. While they didn’t showcase there powers in the movies like in the comics they were ultilized well and had s moment to shine and do something.

The xmen always felt like cameos and were never used well and put in the background to make wolverine look good. Yea you had one or two moments from an xmen or two but then they just get shoved right back into the background never to be seen again . There’s no team work with them involved and if there is it feels forced and just unfulfilled. There is no team dynamic. The only time they showed them work well as a team is x3 when they took down magneto but again it felt bland and unfulfilling.

Nah. While they didn’t showcase there powers in the movies like in the comics they were ultilized well and had s moment to shine and do something.

The xmen always felt like cameos and were never used well and put in the background to make wolverine look good. Yea you had one or two moments from an xmen or two but then they just get shoved right back into the background never to be seen again . There’s no team work with them involved and if there is it feels forced and just unfulfilled. There is no team dynamic. The only time they showed them work well as a team is x3 when they took down magneto but again it felt bland and unfulfilling.

Yeah, that's all true. Hopefully the Disney X Men have more of an Avengers team dynamic.

X-Men were typically a fairly dysfunctional team. Even moreso than movie Avengers. Early days Angel, Beast, and Iceman never wanted to follow orders. Later, Wolverine frequently went his own way despite Cyclops' command. Then there was a dispute between Cyclops and Storm over who should be leader. But I agree that the team battle dynamic was never really fleshed out as well as it could have been in those movies.

But it seems like with every movie you have xmen vs X-men not xmen vs a said villain.

X2 - xmen vs brain washed members of the team

X3- xmen vs random mutants and jean

Origins- wolverine fights saber tooth so I guess that’s ok

Fc- xmen fighting mutants that were on the team but turned

Dofp- Opening xmen fight sentinels but rest of the movie is wolverine just doing his thing.

Apocalypse- xmen vs core team members instead of the actual four horseman and yes I know angel was a four horseman but that was so half ass and he was an xmen first.

Logan. Wolverine vs himself instead of sabertooth or omega red. Would of made the film miles better.

Dark Phoenix- xmen vs Jean grey..... again.

Don’t the xmen have a slew of crazy villains? I think toad was only used once in the 00s movie and then pushed to cameo status

Eh it’s fairly easy to say that about most of these adaptations. And comparing to avengers to X-men makes me think of the whole throwing stones in glass houses saying. I mean really , Scarlett witch, Vision, Hawkeye, quicksilver, warmachine , hulk, even black widow who was in a whopping number of these things. And then don’t even get started on the villains. X-men has a number of them too with the same issue, but was clearly focused on wolverines journey with magneto vs Xavier as the backdrop. All three being pretty great characters and well realized plots. Even magnetos ending in x3 is great (even if the entire movie didn’t quite earn it )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back