X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apocalypse was always more Dawwinian: survival of the strongest. That is consistent with his approach in this movie. The world has grown weak, directionless and dependent on money and technology. We're not really clued in to what his vision might be, except that he will be at the top of the food chain. He figures that those who end up surviving the Apocalypse will be the strongest humans and mutants. So he is destroying the current world and culling the herd using Magneto, and by taking on Xavier's powers (originally he would have just made Charles a horseman) it will be easy to enslave everyone as well as prevent another betrayal like those pesky ancient Egyptians. So actually a pretty good plan from his perspective. The pesky X-Men just screwed it up this time.

I don't know what his plan was, one second wipe everyone out next is enslave and next second is be inside everyone, wut.

Why throw away the nukes into space why not just end the humans with the warheads they were already in flight.

He wasn't worried about the radiation or the fallout the earth was already torn to shreds with Magneto tearing it all up.

More stupid ****

Stryker arriving after mansion blows up

Going to weapon X facility

Removing mall sequence and keeping most other XMEN characters undeveloped and flat

Oscar Issacs lazy eye and lack of effects when he's not using powers

His height

The fact he touches a tv in the 80s and "learned", Weird Science movie did a better job at this and was a sci fi comedy, which this obviously was not suppose to be

A mutant that flys that dies in an aircraft crash

Lack of development or motivation of the horsemen

Mystique being a hero

I don't have an issue with that. It "humanizes" Charles, in the same way that Captain America is humanized by his defense of Bucky in the face of all odds. Difference is that Mags consciously decided to wreak havoc of course

Well yes that's kind of the defining difference that negates the comparison. :lol

False gods ********

They throw around random concepts in the movie and the meanings are empty

I can slightly understand Apocalypses motivation as he views most other humans as insects and he is disgusted that they have infected this world, and his desire to possess Charles for his mutant ability but I never once felt afraid of Apocalypse

Honestly I'm still struggling to figure just what made Apoc so "godlike" and what he would have done if there was no Charles or Eric when he awoke. What if he just came across Angel, Psylocke, Storm and say...Beast or Mystique? Then there'd be no destroying all cities at once, no talking to everyone's mind, just him teleporting around and "leeeaaaarning." The only reason he was a global threat was blind luck.

This film ruins Magneto as an anti-hero type character. The end of the film tries to restore him to that position but it's an absurdity considering the *cough* Magnitude of his latest actions.

Unless someone can come up with a serious explanation that has some plausibility I think I'll be writing this film off in my head-canon. I didn't even do that with X3 :lol

Last edited:
This film ruins Magneto as an anti-hero type character. The end of the film tries to restore him to that position but it's an absurdity considering the *cough* Magnitude of his latest actions.

He wasn't justified in a single one of his actions in XMA. It's not like the Polish police showed up because he was a "freak" and they were prejudiced. No they knew he was an international fugitive who tried to take over the world a few years back! That's what they were concerned about. Then his daughter wreaked havoc with the birds which caused the arrow to fly. Neither the police nor the men at the steel mill were in the wrong based on his previous actions, to say nothing of the actual millions of innocents he slaughtered later in the film.

I wouldn't be surprised if they followed this movie up with DOFP 2 :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what his plan was, one second wipe everyone out next is enslave and next second is be inside everyone, wut.

Why throw away the nukes into space why not just end the humans with the warheads they were already in flight.

He wasn't worried about the radiation or the fallout the earth was already torn to shreds with Magneto tearing it all up.

If Apocalypse had used the nukes against humans it would have irradiated the planet, rendering much or all of it inhospitable. Nuclear radiation has like a 10,000 year half life. He eliminated the arsenals so the nukes couldn't be used against him and his followers.

I would guess he expected less than 1% of the humans and mutants to survive. Why have a population of 7 billion to worry about? Start with 70 million or so and build from there.

I wouldn't be surprised if they followed this movie up with DOFP 2 :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singer's already hinted at the space route being the natural next step. So The Shi'ar, The Phoenix, Starjammers and M'Kraan Crystal at some point in 2019.

Honestly I'm still struggling to figure just what made Apoc so "godlike" and what he would have done if there was no Charles or Eric when he awoke. What if he just came across Angel, Psylocke, Storm and say...Beast or Mystique? Then there'd be no destroying all cities at once, no talking to everyone's mind, just him teleporting around and "leeeaaaarning." The only reason he was a global threat was blind luck.

He made the pyramids at a young age simply using his mind, he's all powerful but came off as a chump "cult" leader..

His power set was also poorly defined in this film, I mean one second he's invincible and the other minute he's being whipped around by sucker punches thrown by Quicksilver

Thought it was alright. Weapon X and Qucksilver being the best parts. The things that bugged me was the bad looking cgi. Beasts terrible makeup. Apocalypse was way to tiny. He was like the same height as the women. And then ending where Apocalypse forgot his powers. Couldn't he just turn all of the people he was fighting to sand? But the overall story was decent. 6.5/10.

Unless someone can come up with a serious explanation that has some plausibility I think I'll be writing this film off in my head-canon. I didn't even do that with X3 :lol

He wasn't justified in a single one of his actions in XMA. It's not like the Polish police showed up because he was a "freak" and they were prejudiced. No they knew he was an international fugitive who tried to take over the world a few years back! That's what they were concerned about. Then his daughter wreaked havoc with the birds which caused the arrow to fly. Neither the police nor the men at the steel mill were in the wrong based on his previous actions, to say nothing of the actual millions of innocents he slaughtered later in the film.

Yup, his daughters death was not intentional, she caused it herself grant it she acted out of fear.

Magneto should've let himself been turned in to the authorities after his family died.

But no, let me kill millions and then be nice again. :lol

Well, 4 day will be mid 80 which is still 3-6 million below DOFP! :slap

Ouch.

Singer is a goner.

Pretty soon Ryan Reynolds will be directing the next X-Men movie. :lol

Good riddance

I hope that sends a clear message to the director and Simon Kinberg

... Y'all got lucky with Days of Future Past because u followed the COMIC BOOK

Their laisse faire attitude with this film should be ridiculed. I hope FOX loses rights to XMEN even though I loved Storm Cyclops Jean Professor and Quicksilver

Back