X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very 70's / 80's "In Search Of" (with Leonard Nimoy) or "Unsolved Mysteries" (with Robert Stack) vibe going on there.

I think anyways lol.

Yeah that's the vibe I think they were going for but it didn't do anything for me really. How about you?

However, Janssen went on to point out that while the women are often replaced in the new X-films, many of the older male characters have appeared alongside their younger selves -- she even calls it "sexism." As such, she believes she should "be back along with [her] younger version and the way that we’ve seen it with Magneto and Professor X."

That's the rule of the world in Hullywuud. Men get older and older, while getting way younger female co stars.

It still staggers me how quickly Faye Dunaway went from being one of the biggest things in the industry to an also-ran. The only explanation is her age. So Janssen has a point.

However, Janssen went on to point out that while the women are often replaced in the new X-films, many of the older male characters have appeared alongside their younger selves -- she even calls it "sexism." As such, she believes she should "be back along with [her] younger version and the way that we’ve seen it with Magneto and Professor X."
Right on. She was one of the highlights of the series for sure. :)

We were having a discussion a few days ago about Kang being part of the FF movie license because his first appearance was in an issue of Fantastic Four. The Inhumans also first appeared in FF, so how'd Marvel get the cinematic rights to them?

i mean, we could also argue that they are always hiring hot fit muscular men for hero roles (even as they get older) and they hire ugly or fat men to be the joke or the sidekick
so you could say Hollywood is guilty of fat shaming as well, specially with men. Also look at Johnny Depp... look at Tom cruise, Brad Pitt, Antonio Banderas

they might be over 50... but they dont look it, so Hollywood is... vain? in general? sure Hollywood is sexist i wont deny that, thats a fact pretty much, but i love how the actresses bringing up the sexism in Hollywood completely ignore how vain it is with everything else, how fats guys are only comedy relief. almost never the love interest, i mean, look at Twilight..............
so to me it's like, "yeah yeah hollywood is Vain as well an only cares about how pretty people are, BUT we HAVE to focus on the sexist part of it ONLY :lecture"

it bothered me when Patricia Arquette kept babbling about equality and she earns More than her own brother per movie... i mean....

the worst is the "over-sexualization". Sometimes it is the case, but more often the guys are just as sexualized. I'm referring mostly to superhero movies.

the worst is the "over-sexualization". Sometimes it is the case, but more often the guys are just as sexualized. I'm referring mostly to superhero movies.

yeah, there is over sexualization. like i said, Hollywood DOES have problems. they are vain, they care more about looks than talent. they hire people that are pretty but suck at acting.
my problem has always been the hypocrisy of some of the women bringing this issues to light. Like I said, I never heard any complaints about Twilight shirtless men with perfect abs. so if they want me to care about Hollywood objectification and Hollywood oppression then we have to attack movies like 50 shades of grey as well...

You Cannot... CANNOT complain about Black widow wearing a skin tight black suit showing her butt in the movies but then drool over a shirtless cap america or go see 50 shades of grey 5 times in a row... it doesn't work that way. you cant have your cake and eat it too.

Famke Janssen Profited from the same discrimination and sexism in Hollywood that she is talking about. she earned millions because of how pretty she was, who knows, maybe if Hollywood was more fair, and didn't hire people just for their looks, maybe her career would not have been as successful. Im just saying. Her Roles could have been given to someone with more talent but less looks....

i dont know :explode:

crows, very excellent post.

But we haven't even scratched the surface, how about the breakdown of who actually runs the studios and the wall street companies that are behind them.

There are women in the Wall Street system that are just as ruthless as their male counterparts, but many complain about being payed less to run just as big a company and some even complain that when they're ruthless they're labeled as bitches when their male equivalents are labeled as great business men.

Crows has a point.

And at the end of the day Hollywood is the way it is because of, us, the audience, they're catering to our predilections, nothing more.

[emoji38]I'm guessing the T in T&A has a whole different meaning at Singer's house.

20130726-twinkies-whole-cross-section-primary.jpg

?

Back