Would This Make You Watch American Idol?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would You Watch American Idol with Howard Stern as Judge?

• Total voters
Does Stern know anything about what makes a good singer? Love him or hate him, Simon Cowell knows music and talent when he hears it. Just because Stern says what's on his mind doesn't mean he'd make a good judge. And I wouldn't watch the show just because it was him (just like Ellen). Actually, I don't watch it now.

I wouldn't watch it as the show annoys me too no end... I can't stand pop music so why watch a show dedicated to "creating" a pop star :lol

But on top of it I find Stern completely played out, and him on a show like this would just be a sad move.

I don't see Howard Stern judging there.
How about someone who represents the Music Industry corporate office, like what Simon really was representing (not the prick profile, just happened to be a realy prick)?

i watch AI now and I would probably STOP if Stern was a judge.

I can't see a family friendly show like Idol going with a complete and utter pervert. you can be "mean" and sarcastic and brutal without being a total sicko like Stern.

Would This Make You Watch American Idol?....... If someone went postal live on tv.

Nah, Stern would just be trying to get the female contestants to make out all the time.

Does American Idol actually produce successful singers/stars/etc? I don't remember any of them except the girl from the first season, Kelly something.

I haven't seen more than an episode past the first season.

Does American Idol actually produce successful singers/stars/etc? I don't remember any of them except the girl from the first season, Kelly something.

I'd say Carrie Underwood is pretty damn successful and famous.

My wife's pretty into this stuff ... so forgive my over-education about the subject (though, to be honest, I had to look up a few names on wikipedia).

Quite a few have actually done extremely well. Carrie Underwood and Chris Daughtry (though Daughtry didn't actually win) are the top tier ... and both are actually very good. Clarkson and Kelly Pickler are relatively big. Jennifer Hudson won an Oscar a year or two back. Mandisa is huge in Christian circles.

And, there have been several people that haven't made it quite as big, but still do OK -- Katharine McPhee, Elliot Yamin, Bucky Covington, Fantasia Barrino, etc.

I actually like Daughtry and Underwood a lot.

SnakeDoc

Does Stern know anything about what makes a good singer? Love him or hate him, Simon Cowell knows music and talent when he hears it. Just because Stern says what's on his mind doesn't mean he'd make a good judge. And I wouldn't watch the show just because it was him (just like Ellen). Actually, I don't watch it now.

I dont watch this crap but this sums up what i think anyway! Simon should be replaced by someone that knows what the ____ they are talking about.

Back