World War Z (starring Brad Pitt)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because those are not zombies...They are parkour extremists.

But yea.... Lame.

Whoever thought, the faster.. The more terrifying..?? Leaves no room for that great build up in all those close encounter scenes.
I enjoyed the trailer and love that 'I Am Legend' vibe it has going, but I agree that nothing about this really screams 'zombie'. Unfortunate because I've only heard good things of the book. I need to get around to reading it.

New trailer:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EC7P5WdUko"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EC7P5WdUko[/ame]

Looks good to me.

Looks like they're trying to do the retrospective globe-trotting research concept of the book during the crisis, rather than as an oral history of the crisis. Interesting idea. I was concerned that the movie would be too focused on events surrounding one family in one part of the world. This looks like they're trying to keep the larger scale of the book.

SnakeDoc

This looks terrible, mainly because of the bad CGI. The zombies look like a bunch of ragdoll ants. :lol
There inspiration should've came from movies like 28 days later.

The two trailers for this mega fail. Nothing CLEARLY is showing a zombie apocalypse. They hardly show any of the zombies unless they are climbing on top of each other like ants. So I think a lot of people are going to wonder what the Z is even standing for. Today's audiences are stupid. Unless they really market this as a zombie movie, a lot of people aren't going to know that's what its supposed to be.

Frankly, I'm not impressed so far. The book was good. Not sure what the crap this is supposed to be though. Zombie films have a new standard to reach now after the Walking Dead.

The two trailers for this mega fail. Nothing CLEARLY is showing a zombie apocalypse. They hardly show any of the zombies unless they are climbing on top of each other like ants. So I think a lot of people are going to wonder what the Z is even standing for. Today's audiences are stupid. Unless they really market this as a zombie movie, a lot of people aren't going to know that's what its supposed to be.

Frankly, I'm not impressed so far. The book was good. Not sure what the crap this is supposed to be though. Zombie films have a new standard to reach now after the Walking Dead.

I don't know the book or the story, but from what I heard about the zombies

Spoiler Spoiler:

ex-lax_regular_choco_l.jpg

28 minutes later.

I don't know the book or the story, but from what I heard about the zombies

Spoiler Spoiler:

The zombies in the book slow down in wintertime. They were never sprinters, though. There's even a portion of the book that talks about military tactics against them ... they switched to semi-auto and fired one shot-per-second, instead of spraying automatics and using explosives, because the zombies came fairly slowly and relentlessly.

SnakeDoc

Looks pretty damn fun to me. I've never read the book but I'm gonna be seeing this movie none the less.

Book is a great read. Highly recommended. I have a feeling the movie won't be able to follow the story line at all.

Book is great, but I'm not sure it'd have made a great movie. There's no main character ... and its probably too removed from the action. Maybe too retrospective.

Seems like they're trying to make the researcher that compiled the book the main character ... and have him do his research during the crisis rather than 10-years after it ended.

SnakeDoc

Back