Woodworking Commissions- Shields & Pirate Deck

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WIP Bill the Butcher Dio-Stand-- Page 9

I would also be interested in a 1/6 scale coat rack? Also a Butcher table similar to this scene?

This is the Bill V2 look im going for. Have the clothes. Just waiting on sculpt and Tinela's Belt with Knife sharpener :)

Butcher table won't be a problem. I'll look for reference pictures of both of them later today, I'm not sure what the coat racks look like.

Put a rough layer of paint on today. I'll rough sand it to make it look worse, then respray with more grey-blue, then a few patches of white. Then comes the snow. I have snow-tex, but I might end up using sheet rock mud.

If anyone has suggestions of what to put in the middle, let me know. I'm going for the broken down house look. Not too sure what to put there.

Looking forward to seeing this all snowed up .

I'm trying to figure out the best way to make this snow look. It's my first time using it, so bear with me. I'll end up putting about an inch of it in some places, so don't get too scared if it look rough right now. I think it'll look better down the line. I also found that hot glue will work well for icicles.

Re: WIP Bill the Butcher Dio-Stand-- Page 9 onward

Looking very nice so far .

Did a bit more today. I stained and weathered the base a bit. It kind of saddens me that most of it will be hidden under snow, but I wanted to make it look good anyway. I'm assuming that it's just dirt under the snow in the scene, but I plan on making a faint footpath down the snow to show a bit of the wood underneath. Hopefully it'll look like a walkway in front of a house or something... Hope that's cool with the buyer and all of you guys. I ordered a big a$$ tub of Snow-tex, so I'll be heaping it on by Saturday.
Comments and criticisms welcome. You won't hurt my feelings. :lol

I'm also in the process of making a separate interest thread for this, so I'll add everyone to it that have posted here. I'll put a link when it's done.

Got a bit more done today. The base snow is actually sheetrock mud, a medium I'm more familiar with. I'll add a couple layers of sheetrock and then top it off with the snowtex. I'd use so much snowtex if I didn't use sheetrock, so it's way more cost effective. I think it makes a pretty decent fake snow anyway though. The bad thing about this project is the drying time. I can only add so much snow before it just plops off. Damn gravity weighing everything down. :gah:

I piled on more snow all around the bottom. I also added more to the sides of the building, I forgot to get a picture of it.

Added Sheetrock to the walls and started a snow base for an X1 Wolverine.

Re: FINISHED 1/6th Alice Cooper Guillotine & Custom Wood Sweeney Base

The one on the right is still up for grabs. PM me if you're interested.

So, I decided the color of my stand, the color I want is just like the color of the right stand on the pic! Could be?

Back