Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In order of desire:

Green Arrow
Huntress
Nigtwing
Damian Robin
Batgirl
Supergirl
Tim Drake Robin
Aquaman
Flash
Martian Manhunter

Nothing wrong with this? I learn everything about my DC universe through cartoons and animated tv series. Comics are just too long and boring to me. It's just to labor intensive to sit through reading a comic book in my opinion. But watching a cartoon, now that's real entertainment. I really enjoy every time a new DC, marvel or other anime style American superheroes comes out on DVD. I learn about the DC guy with the red uniform and lighting bolt who is really a child? What the hell? It's so weird and I don't like the formula. Then Wonder Woman is really created by the god out of sand? That is still kind of cool. But you get my drift. Cartoons might be the future with the internet. Comics will hopefully someday have no words and just pics. That would be so nice to just look at the pics and be able to know what is happening. I do now anyways and don't even need to read it to understand what is going on just by the art work. Been doing it since I grab my first comic way back. I'm not joking. This is the truth.
Wonder Woman I only know her from the tv show with Linda carter. But that's it. Thanks to the animated movies I learn so much about her now. But she still is my favorite comic characters! Thanks so much Steve sculpted her to perfection.

You guys keep falling for this act. The user name alone is brilliant as troll bait.

Nothing wrong with this? I learn everything about my DC universe through cartoons and animated tv series. Comics are just too long and boring to me. It's just to labor intensive to sit through reading a comic book in my opinion. But watching a cartoon, now that's real entertainment.

Many people are fans of superheroes and they've never picked up a comic. I don't have a problem with this because I think that as long as you're a fan, enjoy the characters and support the studios/companies that continue to make these cool movies/TV shows/comics then that's a good thing.

:wave

Many people are fans of superheroes and they've never picked up a comic. I don't have a problem with this because I think that as long as you're a fan, enjoy the characters and support the studios/companies that continue to make these cool movies/TV shows/comics then that's a good thing.

Of course it is, one who does this though shouldn't claim to have "knowledge", and I use the term loosely when speaking of CBG, of any of these characters or their histories.

Thanks! Yes I always love cartoons, super heroes, 80s toons, collecting toys, movies, etc. but the truth is I don't like reading. I love the art and animation. Just never had any patience to read more than 1 paragraph of anything. And that's already pushing it for me. Lol. That's why when a movie base on a book comes out. It's all brand new and exciting for me because I have no idea what will happen because I never read any of the books. Don't get me wrong I don't read comics or any books. But I'm one of the biggest fans of comics, movies, toys, power rangers etc. I'm a fan 4 lyfe! :wave

How can you not know who Martian Manhunter is? He's been on the team forever

I know who he is! he's the green guy who has the power to become invisible. I started to learn about him from season 3 of the animated justice league. :)

How can you not know who Martian Manhunter is? He's been on the team forever

He's a must have for me. He's been the glue to that team since basically the beginning. He reminds me so much of Cap with the Avengers in that way. Both of those guys have been pretty rock solid throughout different rosters over the years on their respective teams. MM is definitely one of the Big 7 for a reason.

Nothing wrong with this? I learn everything about my DC universe through cartoons and animated tv series. Comics are just too long and boring to me. It's just to labor intensive to sit through reading a comic book in my opinion. But watching a cartoon, now that's real entertainment. I really enjoy every time a new DC, marvel or other anime style American superheroes comes out on DVD. I learn about the DC guy with the red uniform and lighting bolt who is really a child? What the hell? It's so weird and I don't like the formula. Then Wonder Woman is really created by the god out of sand? That is still kind of cool. But you get my drift. Cartoons might be the future with the internet. Comics will hopefully someday have no words and just pics. That would be so nice to just look at the pics and be able to know what is happening. I do now anyways and don't even need to read it to understand what is going on just by the art work. Been doing it since I grab my first comic way back. I'm not joking. This is the truth.
Wonder Woman I only know her from the tv show with Linda carter. But that's it. Thanks to the animated movies I learn so much about her now. But she still is my favorite comic characters! Thanks so much Steve sculpted her to perfection.

The problem with that is, they change **** around so much. They mess with origins, basic details on character biographies and remove or put in different characters that represent one or more other characters from the books. As much as I love the animated takes, I'm a comic book guy myself. A REAL one. Have you ever thought about changing your name to Comic Book Movie Guy? Or Animated Comic Book Guy, or something along those lines?

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Martian Manhunter's EX should be a change of head with his true form

That'd be sick too! Maybe if we're lucky and because SS would need to move him, they'll give us both a COH and swap out parts ! :pray

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Of course it is, one who does this though shouldn't claim to have "knowledge", and I use the term loosely when speaking of CBG, of any of these characters or their histories.

Sure but remember one thing...many fans have learned of these superheroes through watching the Saturday morning cartoons before ever reading any comics.

I personally don't judge anyone just because they didn't read a comic or know the history of each character or universe in which they live.

When people do that it smacks of elitism and I loathe elitists.

Thanks! Yes I always love cartoons, super heroes, 80s toons, collecting toys, movies, etc. but the truth is I don't like reading. I love the art and animation. Just never had any patience to read more than 1 paragraph of anything. And that's already pushing it for me. Lol. That's why when a movie base on a book comes out. It's all brand new and exciting for me because I have no idea what will happen because I never read any of the books. Don't get me wrong I don't read comics or any books. But I'm one of the biggest fans of comics, movies, toys, power rangers etc. I'm a fan 4 lyfe! :wave

No worries, CBG. :duff

Sure but remember one thing...many fans have learned of these superheroes through watching the Saturday morning cartoons before ever reading any comics.

I personally don't judge anyone just because they didn't read a comic or know the history of each character or universe in which they live.

When people do that it smacks of elitism and I loathe elitists.

Yes, most Childhood fans learn of comics from other media sources. But that sparks curiosity usually and they tend to read/research more into their favorites. It's how it's been for a long long time. Even so, I don't judge people for not knowing, however I do when they claim to know and obviously don't.

It's pretty simple, don't claim to be or know something you aren't or don't know.

This is the internet though, so it doesn't surprise me that it's happening.

Back