Wonder Woman - June 2, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wonder Woman - June 23, 2017

I'm not talking about strictly their resume, but like the Russo Bros, they met with Marvel, the studio liked what they heard, and an awesome Captain America movie got made. I'm sure Fincher got the gig for reasons more than having an awesome commercial and maybe Maclaren did to, but I just don't like how the director's position for this film was limited to only women, I don't know why that seems to bother everyone.

I liked 300 but I found Watchmen and MOS to be underwhelming, I still think he's going to do a good job with BvS though, but Katheryn Bigelow already has a better resume than him so that's why I would choose her over Snyder.

Why does this bother you so much. :huh

Personally I don't care what the gender, race or creed of a director is.

It doesn't really bother me much, I just gave my opinion on it, it seems everyone else is bothered by the fact that I think WB should have met with both female and male directors in order to find the best director available for the job.

They previously hired Joss Whedon on to tackle Wonder Woman, then got rid of him after realizing he was a talentless hack who would never be responsible for a hit comic book movie. Smart move, as usual by the Dubya B.

It doesn't really bother me much, I just gave my opinion on it, it seems everyone else is bothered by the fact that I think WB should have met with both female and male directors in order to find the best director available for the job.

You're basing your opinion off an opinion.

From the article:

THR also reckons that there was some pressure within Warner Bros.

The Hollywood Reporter is assuming there was some pressure.

It's been reported before this article that WB were looking at female directors for the job, and I've already said I don't know if WB only pursued female directors or not, but if they did, then that's kind of lame.

Anyway I give up, she'll probably do a great job and this movie is going to be way better than that awful Fantastic Four reboot starring Ragman.

It's been reported before this article that WB were looking at female directors for the job, and I've already said I don't know if WB only pursued female directors or not, but if they did, then that's kind of lame.

Anyway I give up, she'll probably do a great job and this movie is going to be way better than that awful Fantastic Four reboot starring Ragman.

9e91c0d37bbcf84fbdf1bf9280ec18d2a8e334ad3bcc6184b0bc974b5c8f24b8.jpg

That thing directs itself :lol

What about Game of Thrones and Walking Dead?

(Actually, nevermind. I don't want anyone's opinion on WD.)

Personally I think if they were pressured into hiring this director it was a bad choice..... I'm sooooooo sick of pandering to a specific type of people just because they cry wolf! I hope this fails and DC/WB continue their fail streak

Why do you assume it was pandering and not an acknowledgement that a woman might bring something to it that a man would not?

Female superheroes are just written so poorly imo. They are there purely for their sex appeal and nothing more. Black Widow is practically useless as a hero, she has no abilities whatsoever. The Invisible Woman is known for her beauty.
Wonder Woman has the powers, but it all comes down to how hot she is in the end.

I think Lucy Lawless back in her Xena days would have made the perfect WW. She's attractive, but also quite built to look strong. Gadot looks too slight a build for the role.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are there purely for their sex appeal and nothing more.
In fairness, about 95% of male superheroes also look like Greek gods, while 4% are just guys in amazing athletic shape, and the remaining 1% may be more realistic portrayals of male human beings. Beyond the 1960s, I think females have been represented pretty well on the whole. Still underrepresented, but they are often strong willed and respected on the same order as the males in comics are. And lots of male characters also have no real super powers to speak of, like the guys who shoot arrows and Batman.

Well at least we know this film will not be going after sex appeal only. I am glad they seem to be taking this film very seriously with an amazing, female director.

If they hired Brett Rattner or some action-oriented director I'd be more worried...

Well at least we know this film will not be going after sex appeal only. I am glad they seem to be taking this film very seriously with an amazing, female director.

I did like all the Walking Dead episodes she directed, especially that moment between Shane and Dale. Her pre-superhero track record is certainly stronger than the Russo Bros so I'll be curious to see how she does.

Back