Wonder Woman - June 2, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean dat terrible Conan wannabe? Nah. Hopeman would just break his neck while crying like a little girl.

Re: Wonder Woman - June 23, 2017

Michelle MacLaren WILL Helm WONDER WOMAN With Zack Snyder Producing

Just a couple weeks ago, two additional contenders reportedly met with Warner Bros. to potentially direct the much-hyped Wonder Woman movie, but now The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the initial frontrunner, Michelle MacLaren, has signed the dotted line. According to the trade's sources, she has been "on-and-off" with the studio since August, but was always considered the top choice thanks to her directing duties on episodes of The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

While Charles Roven, Deborah Snyder, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice director Zack Snyder are producing the Amazon Princess adaptation, Michelle MacLaren will be working closely with unknown screenwriters to develop the script. The report goes on to explain that there was some pressure from within the studio to tap a female director to helm Wonder Woman, given the DC Comics heroine's close association, but they had to acknowledge that very few females have sucessfully tackled a big-project such as this. Fortunately, things worked out with MacLaren. Anyhow, Gal Gadot will star asthe Princess Diana in Batman v Superman on March 25, 2016, before headlining Wonder Woman on June 23, 2017. What do you think?

This is bad news if you ask me.

Why? I like the sound of her résumé.

Because WB were “pressured” to hire a female director instead of going after the best available director, and her resume doesn’t tell me she can handle a big budget summer blockbuster.

I hope she does a great job, but WB probably could have found a better/safer choice.

Because WB were “pressured” to hire a female director instead of going after the best available director, and her resume doesn’t tell me she can handle a big budget summer blockbuster.

I hope she does a great job, but WB probably could have found a better/safer choice.

I thought it was their idea to begin with :lol

I thought it was their idea to begin with :lol

I read they were pressured in that article, if it was their idea I still don’t like it, they should focus on making the best film possible, not making headlines.

All this crap I’m talking, watch this woman show Marvel how to make a real Thor movie :lol

I read they were pressured in that article, if it was their idea I still don’t like it, they should focus on making the best film possible, not making headlines.
I read when this was a rumor that they were looking for a woman to direct.

All this crap I’m talking, watch this woman show Marvel how to make a real Thor movie :lol
:lol I know, it shouldn't even be hard, Thor is bottom of the MCU barrel and set the bar quite low.

She can't be any worse than Trank on the rebooted FF movie. :lol

Anyone who has directed Game of Thrones is better than Zach Snyder, and to me, that makes this a positive move. And she's actually had a lot more experience than Josh Trank, for what that's worth.

Breaking Bad director has my attention.

That thing directs itself :lol

Personally I think if they were pressured into hiring this director it was a bad choice..... I'm sooooooo sick of pandering to a specific type of people just because they cry wolf! I hope this fails and DC/WB continue their fail streak

Anyone who has directed Game of Thrones is better than Zach Snyder, and to me, that makes this a positive move. And she's actually had a lot more experience than Josh Trank, for what that's worth.

Besides GoT Michelle MacLaren directed three of the best, IMO, episodes of TWD.

She has my vote of confidence. :lecture

Trank not so much.

Back