Wonder Woman 1984 - 1/6th scale Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I took a chance and ordered that open mouth sculpt from Unreal Customs, as I've just gotten really tired of my BVS figure looking like a blow up doll. :D And also because I expect the Golden Armor head to be really hard to get a hold of when it's parted out. I was a little hesitant to deal with rooting the hair myself, but I've had a couple goes at it with other figures and they turned out decent, so hopefully I can make it work here too...

Well I received that Unreal Customs sculpt today and sigh, as I feared it's a bit undersized, and closer to the TA/JL size than the slightly larger BVS size. But I'll paint it up and hopefully it'll still be an improvement over the HT head at least.

Here's a couple shots, but it's pretty hard to photograph since it's so light. And honestly I think it might even be a smidge smaller than the TA sculpt. He assured me it was in proportion and his painted up heads looked perfectly in scale, but I guess it must have shrunk quite a bit during casting. Which is a shame, because the likeness looks dead on to me. :(

20200911_003355 (2).jpg

20200911_003530 (2).jpg

Here's a couple shots, but it's pretty hard to photograph since it's so light. And honestly I think it might even be a smidge smaller than the TA sculpt. He assured me it was in proportion and his painted up heads looked perfectly in scale, but I guess it must have shrunk quite a bit during casting. Which is a shame, because the likeness looks dead on to me. :(

View attachment 495103

View attachment 495104

That is a bit worring as I've ordered the "smiling" version but haven't seen it yet as it was sent from Unreal Customs straight to the painter. The versions i've seen that he was working on were a grey colour. Maybe they used those to make the molds. Maybe get the calipers and measure them both. The TA version to me, has bigger eyes plus big schnoz and they're Not like Gals' "almond" shaped eyes and smaller nose.
Wonder if Sean Dabbs versions are "in scale." He quoted me $100usd + shipping. Might consider buying one.

Yeah I'm guessing he just used original prints for his own figures and not these casted copies. And I know Sean Dabbs said that he had enlarged his latest sculpts to be in better proportion with the body, but even with the best paint job his Gadot likenesses have always looked a bit off to me.

I guess it's a good thing I didn't sell off that extra TA sculpt yet like I was planning. I might end up needing to use it after all.

Yeah I'm guessing he just used original prints for his own figures and not these casted copies. And I know Sean Dabbs said that he had enlarged his latest sculpts to be in better proportion with the body, but even with the best paint job his Gadot likenesses have always looked a bit off to me.

I guess it's a good thing I didn't sell off that extra TA sculpt yet like I was planning. I might end up needing to use it after all.

Do you have some calipers to measure and compare TA & Unreals?

Which WW head do you think is better of the two from Unreal and Sean's?

Oh boy guys..the film got delayed to Christmas now

This figure is probably going to be delayed to even later 2021 maybe early 2022 :horror

I fully expect Widow and Eternals to get delayed too. Studios are dumb and greedy as **** and still don't realise the world has changed and the old ways of popping down to the cinema are gone.

I?ll obviously see this upon release, but i?m very much over the hype for this movie now. It will no doubt not make its Dec release, covid is still going to be here so i really don?t understand the logic in pushing this every 2 months endlessly, but oh well. I?ll just assume this isn?t coming till second half of 2021 or something

Yeah I gotta say I'm not feeling much excitement for this movie either at the moment. A bit part of the hype for any movie is imagining yourself finally sitting down in a crowded theater to watch it, but that's kind of feels like a foreign concept right now.

Kind of ironic though that it's now been pushed back to December... which was when it was originally scheduled to come out last year. Lol. I bet the studio is really wishing they had kept that original date now.

View attachment 495103

View attachment 495104

Damn, that does look very small...
Well, I?m sure the hair and paint apps will make it shine.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

The one with the Dunhill watermark is a Sean Dabbs sculpt then haired by Dunhill Custom Works.
The other with no hair is from Unreal Customs.
Davejames, I believe you purchased the open mouth version.

But I'm most interested in, which private collectors own these?

Back