Wonder Woman 1984 - 1/6th scale Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to get the last deluxe golden armour from KGHobby, they've already sold out of this one, though, so hopefully between now and 3 years time they'll get one back in stock!

I think this figure will turn out lip lickin' good!

jwG2kk.gif

Just got back from seeing 1984, absolutely loved it - not quite as much as the first, though. Really feels like Donner' Superman films for those who liked them. Definitely should be a seen in a cinema if possible!

Just got back from seeing 1984, absolutely loved it - not quite as much as the first, though. Really feels like Donner' Superman films for those who liked them. Definitely should be a seen in a cinema if possible!

Ugh! I still hate that films are released in Europe first and we have to wait until Christmas to see this! :gah:

The sound is where it's at! Zimmer's score is lovely. Also, prepare yourself for the cheese, this film is so unapologetically cheesefully Wonder Woman, and it works really well!

There's a particular great moment similar to a Man of Steel moment.

I?ve never watched the old Superman movies, how does this move feel like those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donner only directed the first Reeve superman movie. He directed a lot of superman 2 but was fired and replaced by richard lester, then to scrub Donner from directing credits they re-shot some scenes and turned some into the eye rolling attempts at humor you have now.

Richard Donner did piece together a Donner cut of the film, which I had heard about for years, but after seeing it, I'm not sure it is much better than what Lester did, plus it used the same gimmick ending as the first film.

I'm just crossing my fingers that at some point we'll get to see her do the Lynda Carter spin to change into WW. (Please don't spoil it if she does though) :D

I won't say anything, other than you'll enjoy something ;)

It's the tone mostly, it has a very golden age boyscout Superman feel to it, quite whimsical in a way, very hopeful and very unapologetically cheesy in some ways, which works for the tone it is trying to have. It's accentuated by the fact that she only uses the Lasso and not a sword or shield, and that it's set in the 80's. It also feels like some films from the era that the first Superman came out. It'll probably either work really well for you or not so much.

I prefer the MOS scene. Still send chills down my spine on repeat views.

I think the MoS one is more epic, but this whole sequence was very joyous and lovely to watch, also very reminiscent, but I did get chills form this also, I thought that whole sequence of it was done exceptionally well - that and the No Mans Land sequences are the best from those films.

Also the action is done incredibly well and the CG is really solid. Golden armour is badass!

I always hate to hear that people didn't see Superman 1 and 2 early. They're great movies, but I think they really only hold up if you are invested, otherwise they end up very much feeling like products of their time. That said, I haven't seen WW84, but the first one perfectly captured the fundamentally optimistic, earnest, and almost naive tone that carries in the early Superman flicks.

I hope they fix the sculpt because after watching the film..love the shiny armor in this film and I can’t wait to get this figure now :clap

Back