Wolf Predator LSF leg cracking

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, he did have a lot of issues when it came out. Talking mostly about the amount of fragile parts and breakages, very high rate. I'd be ready to bet that's why Sideshow cut it short on production, too much cost effective to produce AND deliver.
I always wondered how hard is it to make PVC dreads on 1:4 Pred head sculpts? Like they did with the 1:1 Wolf bust. Sounds like a hell of a job since they should be deatachable, but it would help a lot reducing breakages.

EDIT: also, they would need to make only 1 set of them, and then the collectors could attach them to the portrait effectively used, displaying the unused one on the stand without the dreads.

EDIT2: *****k, now that I think about it, Preds have all those trinkets on their dreads, you'd need to know exactly which dread goes in which spot, would require an illustrated sheet.

Last edited:
As for the dreads, I think they are better than any other pred statue to date . I hate any statue that needs an illustration sheet or a numbering system. It takes too much time and is it pain. It's the packaging that sucked the most for this. Like other LSFs , it should've been 2-3 boxes with velvet.

I don't think I'd call any statue Ive ever had a masterpiece . Wolf is awesome in person , but he's prolly only my 3rd best Pred piece.

Well, he did have a lot of issues when it came out. Talking mostly about the amount of fragile parts and breakages, very high rate. I'd be ready to bet that's why Sideshow cut it short on production, too much cost effective to produce AND deliver.
I always wondered how hard is it to make PVC dreads on 1:4 Pred head sculpts? Like they did with the 1:1 Wolf bust. Sounds like a hell of a job since they should be deatachable, but it would help a lot reducing breakages.

EDIT: also, they would need to make only 1 set of them, and then the collectors could attach them to the portrait effectively used, displaying the unused one on the stand without the dreads.

EDIT2: *****k, now that I think about it, Preds have all those trinkets on their dreads, you'd need to know exactly which dread goes in which spot, would require an illustrated sheet.

Narin manages it - it's just a bit beyond Sideshow (well - Sideshow's chosen manufacturers anyways) :wink1:

The Cinemaquette piece also has flexible dreds.

As for the dreads, I think they are better than any other pred statue to date .

They are actually my biggest annoyance if you put aside the leg netting. A few of the dreads are very much fused together which isn't a great look. Other than that, it's a huge and impressive statue no doubt.

The Berserker has a simple colour code to match the dreads, easy peasy :D

Hated the rubber dreads on the CM. Was my main concern with longevity.

Not really a 'master piece' considering theres quite a few issues with it

I can accept that comment as your absolutely right bud...however...
It has such a presence and every time I walk in to the room I smile from ear to ear... So that in my books labels it a master piece.

1c291eb2cda4326f05a92748e218d5f0.jpg

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

The netting on the legs actually completes it for me and that's not me saying that because the piece has it... But he has it on his chest... Why not the top half of the legs. Looks ace to me!

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

They are actually my biggest annoyance if you put aside the leg netting. A few of the dreads are very much fused together which isn't a great look. Other than that, it's a huge and impressive statue no doubt.

Only a few of the dreads are fused, so it's not totally noticeable to me.

The Berserker has a simple colour code to match the dreads, easy peasy :D

Hated the rubber dreads on the CM. Was my main concern with longevity.

I don't know about Berserker, but 1:1 Wolf, 1:1 Predalien and the Carnage comiquette annoyed the hell out of me because the numbers were hard to read at times and there were just so many to put in.

I don't know, I'm sure a company like CM gave a lot of thought to the longevity of the dreads.

If accuracy at 2K isn't an issue fair play to you but Im not rewarding incompetence at that price point. Sorry but the nets look s***

well, people pay up to 4k for the CM Pred and that one is by far the most inaccurate Pred of the big 3.

I Prefer it with the netting, and I'm not just saying that. It
Is a masterpiece one of the best things Sideshow have created.

well, people pay up to 4k for the CM Pred and that one is by far the most inaccurate Pred of the big 3.

Because they value sheer size too much. Same thing that goes for Legendary Scale statues in 1:2 scale :rolleyes:

Anyone considering selling there's, I wouldn't make it the last thing to go. In 10 years time the Wolf will be the ultimate grail piece for predator fanatics.

The netting on the legs actually completes it for me and that's not me saying that because the piece has it... But he has it on his chest... Why not the top half of the legs.

I Prefer it with the netting, and I'm not just saying that.

Point is it shouldn't be there. It wasn't on the proto so why the factory decided to add it is anyones guess.

Back