Wolf Predator LSF leg cracking

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't you order that Markus maquette too? That one scares me cause with wolf, all his weight is basically centered and that one is angled . I'm not too worried about my ringwraith , but I am with this. May have to consider selling it.

Sent a message to ECC and told me they are aware of other companies with this problem and with Marcus they are using a larger and stronger steel.

wow, even though the break is from a structural failure or poor design, that requires time to develop a crack, they wouldn't do anything about it? Have there been statues that failed because of design? I have to be honest, I haven't heard of any, but I would be furious because there is no way of avoiding it unless you keep the thing in the box.

Wolverine had several leaning issues, even failure resulting in it toppling over.
Seen one Gwen and a 1:1 Endoskeleton with leaning issues.

I steer clear of any statue supported by one leg or positioned at an angle, WS Capt. and new movie Thor.

guys, i have the same problem too, I am very pissed about the poor QC of ss already and now this. maybe that is why they cancel the predator 1 pf.

guys, i have the same problem too, I am very pissed about the poor QC of ss already and now this. maybe that is why they cancel the predator 1 pf.
Predator 2 Maquette? If so I highly doubt it.
He had all the weight distributed through both legs and would probably be hollow/light anyway.

Is the Wolf body heavy? Silly going for a pose that is causing issues with the supporting leg. Fell sorry for you guys.
Has anyone confirmed it's the polystone actually cracking?

The peg in this statues leg runs all the way up the entire leg. Even if the whole leg developed a crack, I don't see that metal rod bending or leaning since the statue is completely vertical . That rod can prolly hold a lot of weight. Yes, the crack blows, but I believe it could be painted over. I haven't see any with anything but a fine crack . My first one had it right out of the box.

The peg in this statues leg runs all the way up the entire leg. Even if the whole leg developed a crack, I don't see that metal rod bending or leaning since the statue is completely vertical . That rod can prolly hold a lot of weight. Yes, the crack blows, but I believe it could be painted over. I haven't see any with anything but a fine crack . My first one had it right out of the box.

thanks for the input. i may keep wolf in that case. just can't stomach a second structural issue like on my endo.

what would sideshow do in a case like this where it fails over time?

wow, even though the break is from a structural failure or poor design, that requires time to develop a crack, they wouldn't do anything about it? Have there been statues that failed because of design? I have to be honest, I haven't heard of any, but I would be furious because there is no way of avoiding it unless you keep the thing in the box.

Although smaller and less expensive, Psylocke failed due to cracking paint over time.

Those who cracked early enough lucked out because they got replacements, but no extra replacements were made for that known issue so those that cracked after the replacements were gone were offered 2 options: accept a small credit or return for a refund. I think the credit was $30 so for somebody who wanted to get it repainted correctly $30 wasn't enough.

What's still bad is that some of the people who received replacements reported cracking on the replacement. It really was luck of the draw for that one. Just sad.

Back