Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Most of you probably saw the email flier Sideshow sent out earlier today, it was FULL of offers of big discounts and FREE GLOBAL SHIPPING.

This one was interesting for all sorts of reasons:

1) They used a pic of the LOBO maquette to advertise a giveaway of a LOBO sixth-scale figure (REALLY – check their email!)
2) They are also having problems identifying Star Wars characters.
3) They have FINALLY (after 2 weeks) accepted their errors as regards the Wolf LSB – good news for those still interested!

Pics below.

00_-_Lobo.jpg

01_-_Star_Wars.jpg

02_-_Wolf_LSB.jpg

You're killing me! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

They just shot themselves in the foot on Swamp Thing as well...but at least this time they were upfront in letting you know you would be paying $800 for a plastic statue.

PFs over $500, and plastic. Feels like the end of an era.

It was good times, Sideshow, but sadly, I have to leave you now....

I don't mind "statues" made of plastic as long as 1 I am aware of the material before purchase and 2 the price reflects the material used.
I think what bothers me most here is that SSC seems to think that we collectors are just lemmings that will buy anything they produce regardless of price or product misconceptions.
I have a few pvc statues in my collection that I purchased because I really liked them, but they are never over $150 and usually under $50. 😂

Swamp Thing? Plastic?

Yup...Swampy himself is 100% plastic. ...and also $800. Funny thing here is that the base is NOT plastic, yet FULL of detail. I wonder how they were able to get all that detail in the base w/o using PVC? I mean, PVC is used because it offers so much more detail than poly/resin, right? :gah: Their excuses are lame.

Also, I spent $250 on a ridiculously detailed Mondo Batman Red Rain statue made from Polystone that has the weight large rock and puts to shame any small detailing work on Wolf Predator.

Last edited:
It's a worrying trend, they are digging themselves a huge hole by continuing it. Whatever the reasons they are giving, it seems the high majority of customers have made it very clear that they don't want plastic! You'd think the Wolf backlash would have ended it, maybe Swamp thing was too far into production already. Even so, I still think I'd eat some losses and start again as who is going to buy that big slab of PVC for $800 + shipping and taxes etc?

His sturdy body is made with vinyl, with PVC for his smaller parts to capture and preserve the immense detail in each layer of his form.

:slap

At least they're being upfront, this time.

Worryingly, the MKIII doesn't mention materials used.

It's a worrying trend, they are digging themselves a huge hole by continuing it. Whatever the reasons they are giving, it seems the high majority of customers have made it very clear that they don't want plastic! You'd think the Wolf backlash would have ended it, maybe Swamp thing was too far into production already. Even so, I still think I'd eat some losses and start again as who is going to buy that big slab of PVC for $800 + shipping and taxes etc?

You're probably spot on there about it being too far into production to change it, but you're also underestimating how many people will still buy a vinyl Swamp Thing Maquette lol. Believe it or not, there's a lot of people who are happy with the Wolf bust too. Some people will really buy anything.

I really hope not many people order Swamp Thing though. Only way to get companies to change is to vote with your wallets.

They are already giving the vinyl spin on Swamp Thing and how advantageous it was to make a plastic statue...and people are falling for it. Before they buy it, they should look, hold, touch and smell Wolf Predator up close and then tell us how great plastic is.

They are already giving the vinyl spin on Swamp Thing and how advantageous it was to make a plastic statue...and people are falling for it. Before they buy it, they should look, hold, touch and smell Wolf Predator up close and then tell us how great plastic is.
Where’s the thread? I’d like to read it....

You're probably spot on there about it being too far into production to change it, but you're also underestimating how many people will still buy a vinyl Swamp Thing Maquette lol. Believe it or not, there's a lot of people who are happy with the Wolf bust too. Some people will really buy anything.

I really hope not many people order Swamp Thing though. Only way to get companies to change is to vote with your wallets.

I choose "Not" for 650 Alex . . .

Where’s the thread? I’d like to read it....

Start at page 18 - here - https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/dc-comics-statues-props-etc-/182000-swamp-maquette-18.html

It's a riot-fest of ignorance & stupidity, combined with the occasional Sideshow fanboy PLUS that North flowing river in Africa.

Well - at least we warned them :) (* not like US having to wait for in-hand to realise we'd been shafted *)

Oh man, I wonder what the deal is with Thanos on Throne? Everyone seemed to go nuts over that. What if it's... dun dun dun... plastic!

Back