Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I’ve still got mine on PO with final pmt on 5th Nov. Based on a lot of the comments I might cancel and use the money towards the Iron Studios Vader through SS. But, for those that have kept the statue how’s the quality on yours? I’ve emailed SS my major concerns and they gave me what looks like a generic response - most people are happy with it, only a few have returned, weight makes it good to ship, we can personally inspect yours before it ships etc etc. I really am trying to determine what to do as I don’t want to pay any customs duty and try to claim it back later. Decisions decisions!

ditto really wanted this as the other 4 but i'm struggling with is it worth it for the price and customs postage etc or will I regret it if I cancel, thinking of touching it up anyway but really pissed with sideshow for putting us in this position, they should have been more forthright with how much of this was not polystone etc:mad:

Hey guys, I’ve still got mine on PO with final pmt on 5th Nov. Based on a lot of the comments I might cancel and use the money towards the Iron Studios Vader through SS. But, for those that have kept the statue how’s the quality on yours? I’ve emailed SS my major concerns and they gave me what looks like a generic response - most people are happy with it, only a few have returned, weight makes it good to ship, we can personally inspect yours before it ships etc etc. I really am trying to determine what to do as I don’t want to pay any customs duty and try to claim it back later. Decisions decisions!

Well, there may very well be a lot of people who bought this and loved it, but they certainly kept quite, or don't use the internet very much...and truth be told, I don't think they are being honest with you. I think they are being given direction on how to handle questions like yours.
After a lot of thought, I DID keep mine and plan of reworking it myself. But like what was just said by shanks, I'm upset at SS for putting me in this position.

Rebecca is being very tactful . . . so I'll go for the less subtle approach . . .

@@sus @*&^in *&^%$t - you have to be %^&%%ing me!

(* mod edit - the rest of this post has been preemptively edited for audience consideration - viewer discretion no longer advised *)

I would think it was <UNICORNS> obvious from the stats and the posts here just how we <RAINBOWS> feel about the quality.

And YES! - that IS a <PONIES> generic response from Sideshow - and it's also TOTAL <PRINCESSES> !

(* phew - that's better - glad I got that off my chest (as Pamela Anderson likes to say) *)

SO - we all wish you the best of luck in making what we hope is a newly informed decision.

Be well, may all your purchases be happy ones, unicorns, ponies and rainbows rule.

metal-fin-6k-d157b779f2-crop-1x1.jpg.thumbnail_7.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Damage on mine aside, the quality is poor. Get that IS Vader, that is exactly where I intended to put my refund given they are the same price. That statue will offer so much more than this plastic bust. The Prime 1 Dog Alien has thrown a spanner in the works though. My refund is going towards that hopefully. But if I can afford Vader also, I'll be getting him...

Cancelled mine weeks ago, gave up on the NRD.

However.....Decided to contact SS CS today. Was told since the order was cancelled a while ago, they can't refund the NRD.
But they agreed to apply the $65 to another order I had with them, so I am very happy.
Think it was handled well by Sideshow, and I am again a happy customer :)

Cancelled mine weeks ago, gave up on the NRD.

However.....Decided to contact SS CS today. Was told since the order was cancelled a while ago, they can't refund the NRD.
But they agreed to apply the $65 to another order I had with them, so I am very happy.
Think it was handled well by Sideshow, and I am again a happy customer :)

Great news - well done for trying - and succeeding! :)

I was just informed that they can't apply my refund to another item, I'm sure I have done this in the past, although it might have been William (before he left) who seemed to go above and beyond every time you dealt with him. More lost duty thanks to a dodgy production item it is then.

I was just informed that they can't apply my refund to another item, I'm sure I have done this in the past, although it might have been William (before he left) who seemed to go above and beyond every time you dealt with him. More lost duty thanks to a dodgy production item it is then.

You are still getting the money from the refund though - yes?

Why would that affect your ability to claim the duty/taxes back anyways?

You are still getting the money from the refund though - yes?

Why would that affect your ability to claim the duty/taxes back anyways?

Yes of course. The problem is it's very difficult to get the duty back. I've successfully claimed it back once out of five refunds from Sideshow. If I was able to transfer the refund to another order, I could knock that amount off of the total of said order and pay less tax on it.

I don't understand why it's so tough for you folks in other countries (I'm not being "funny" - it's just I genuinely don't understand).

I mean . . . . . LEGALLY . . . . . if something has been returned, and you supply proof, you should be able to claim a refund of taxes/duty from the relevant governmental organisation ?!?! - or am I missing something?

What is it that makes it difficult in the UK?

TBH, the first few times I simply gave up as the process is so tedious and difficult. I suspect very much intentionally. I had one refused on some technicality. And I managed to get my P2 maquette duty back. This made my day as it was £200+.

The Prime 1 dog Alien is going up tomorrow, the regular is $1500 so the Wolf bust refunds will make a good dent in that. I'll be getting the deluxe version for a couple of hundred more. It will lessen the blow of Wolfgate at least...

So, here's me, tempted to lay out for the new PRIME-1 Dog Alien.

BUT - even if I WANTED to order now (through Sideshow to make use of the credit/points I now have with them) - I can't.

• Sideshow's system apparently won't allow the Reward points from the Wolf LSB to be transferred to another order AFTER the order has been placed. So I have to wait until they have fully credited the return before buying anything else.

• They also won't apply the money they owe me to my account, insisting on a credit card refund, and costing me due to exchange rates.

Yet another slap in the face to add as part of the whole Wolf LSB debacle :slap

Wonder what other ways they can come up with to tick off International customers
icon_rolleyes.gif

So, here's me, tempted to lay out for the new PRIME-1 Dog Alien.

BUT - even if I WANTED to order now (through Sideshow to make use of the credit/points I now have with them) - I can't.

• Sideshow's system apparently won't allow the Reward points from the Wolf LSB to be transferred to another order AFTER the order has been placed. So I have to wait until they have fully credited the return before buying anything else.

• They also won't apply the money they owe me to my account, insisting on a credit card refund, and costing me due to exchange rates.

Yet another slap in the face to add as part of the whole Wolf LSB debacle :slap

Wonder what other ways they can come up with to tick off International customers
icon_rolleyes.gif

jeez, slap in the face considering the whole wolf **** up, just another reason I probably wont be going back to sideshow, not even got mine yet and 2 minds what to do, as I said before peed off with sideshow for putting me in this position wonder how many others feel the same way and wont be going back

Most of you probably saw the email flier Sideshow sent out earlier today, it was FULL of offers of big discounts and FREE GLOBAL SHIPPING.

This one was interesting for all sorts of reasons:

1) They used a pic of the LOBO maquette to advertise a giveaway of a LOBO sixth-scale figure (REALLY – check their email!)
2) They are also having problems identifying Star Wars characters.
3) They have FINALLY (after 2 weeks) accepted their errors as regards the Wolf LSB – good news for those still interested!

Pics below.

00_-_Lobo.jpg

01_-_Star_Wars.jpg

02_-_Wolf_LSB.jpg

Back