Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received a £130 ($170) tax bill for this thing
drinkingeb6.gif
It just keeps on giving...

:thud:

That's probably closer to its true value and just an added extra :slap

On Statue Forum, Matt (Python) kindly quoted a SS rep as follows:

"In regards to the Wolf Predator final production, the production team decided to utilize the vinyl material as a modern medium that allows the possibility of bringing out the fine detail in the scarring, highlights, and color enhancement of the intricate detail of the design."

Let's set the record straight on this.

I will believe the "production team decided" bit, but the rest is total spin.

In my call with them last week, I suggested the choice was a combination of:
  1. Reduced risk of damage
  2. Reduced shipping cost

The rep did NOT disagree with me.

Resin can get all the same detail as PVC/Vinyl - any claim to the contrary is BS.

AND - to make matters worse:
  1. They should have been clearer what the product was made of on the sales page. The rep I talked to agreed.
  2. They STILL haven't changed that, even though it took them under 12 hours to add the bit about "white art box" once THAT hit the forums.
  3. Their choice of PVC/vinyl DIRECTLY RESULTED in the issue with the mandible seam, because the rep told me the lower right mandible kept tearing off when pulled from the mold, so the decision was made to cast that part separately.

Bad decision after bad decision - they REALLY screwed this up, and need to drop the price accordingly IF they want to sell these. Their choice - as no amount of spin or BS will change peoples minds.

But aren't you keeping yours?

I really wish I could see one of these in person, Someone makes a mummy bust bank that is about 14" tall and goes on eBay for about $60. I would be willing to bet it had the same feel and detail as this Wolf bust.

But aren't you keeping yours?

I really wish I could see one of these in person, Someone makes a mummy bust bank that is about 14" tall and goes on eBay for about $60. I would be willing to bet it had the same feel and detail as this Wolf bust.

1) No (I found damage and managed to convince my Son it was not worth the money even if there was no damage).

2) Yes :) (I'm guessing of course - but it really IS like a large "Funko Pop!")

Lol. Unless I get mine repainted it's def getting returned. Hopping for the repaint thought. I know it's moronic to invest another dollar into this thing but I'm afraid I have to bite the bullet and be a moron. I NEED this thing sitting next to my Big Chap LSB!! And the prior Pred LSB's and their derp face expressions just don't cut it for me. It has to be this guy,.

gulp, really seriously thinking of cancelling

Dude - do it - talk nicely & reasonably to Customer Service and calmly explain. They will hopefully let you cancel and still refund EVERYTHING (NRD, points, credit) as they have for some others.

. . . and please keep us updated.​

Well I´m new to the thread but I PO this guy since day 1, literally, I remember being nervous of not being able to PO one since it was up for PO for some lucky guys with special invitation.... anyway, I had to cancel it, I talked to SS and they refund me the NRD without a problem (that was last monday). It is really sad to see this happening, since most of us were really excited about it. For me it´s my favorite predator and 2 weeks ago managed to get the AvP:R Diorama with the EX unmasked head (the only way I´d display it), I was so happy and excited because its one of the pieces I´ve been wanting since it was released (wasn´t able to buy it back then) but specially because these were going to be display together.

Unfortunately for me I coulnd´t have it in hand before deciding, because I don´t live in the US, and SS doesn´t ship to my country, so I have a friend who receives it and then sends it to me and that´d be another $100 extra if I keep it (what I was obviously gonna do) but loosing $200 to send it back, no way.

But I keep wondering, what are they gonna do with all the canceled pieces? I really want this piece, but truly is not worth near $650.

I imagine these will be heavily discounted or given away in contests for years to come. I don't think they will knock off 50% as some of us hope they would, I think we could see 20-30% discounts though

Well I´m new to the thread but I PO this guy since day 1, literally, I remember being nervous of not being able to PO one since it was up for PO for some lucky guys with special invitation.... anyway, I had to cancel it, I talked to SS and they refund me the NRD without a problem (that was last monday). It is really sad to see this happening, since most of us were really excited about it. For me it´s my favorite predator and 2 weeks ago managed to get the AvP:R Diorama with the EX unmasked head (the only way I´d display it), I was so happy and excited because its one of the pieces I´ve been wanting since it was released (wasn´t able to buy it back then) but specially because these were going to be display together.

Unfortunately for me I coulnd´t have it in hand before deciding, because I don´t live in the US, and SS doesn´t ship to my country, so I have a friend who receives it and then sends it to me and that´d be another $100 extra if I keep it (what I was obviously gonna do) but loosing $200 to send it back, no way.

But I keep wondering, what are they gonna do with all the canceled pieces? I really want this piece, but truly is not worth near $650.

"SS doesn't ship to my country" - ?!?! - where are you based dude? (if you don't mind me asking) - I thought they'd ship anywhere :dunno

Since they will have a warehouse full of stock on this, my guess is that they will eventually:
  • Reduce the price a bit to tempt folks
  • and/or offer free shipping anywhere
  • and will eventually have to try the legendary "20% off" (copyright @ Collectorcol Jan 2016) pop-up we sometimes see on the site.

For many of us - none of those will be enough, as it's not worth even 50% of its full retail price - particularly when you consider postage and/or taxes and/or exchange rates.

One thing they are good at though is marketing spin, so they'll find a way to shift them eventually.

Congrats on the AVP:R dio - and thanks for reporting in (another one added to the stats :) )

Good thing you kept this.

Is anyone else thinking... we should have this thing casted into a badge that could be displayed next to all the Sideshow Predator pieces. LOL!

"No badge with the latest Sideshow Predator maquette/bust/PF? No problem. I've already got one for it....."

Because_Sideshow_03_meme.jpg

:lol :hi5:

"SS doesn't ship to my country" - ?!?! - where are you based dude? (if you don't mind me asking) - I thought they'd ship anywhere :dunno

Since they will have a warehouse full of stock on this, my guess is that they will eventually:
  • Reduce the price a bit to tempt folks
  • and/or offer free shipping anywhere
  • and will eventually have to try the legendary "20% off" (copyright @ Collectorcol Jan 2016) pop-up we sometimes see on the site.

For many of us - none of those will be enough, as it's not worth even 50% of its full retail price - particularly when you consider postage and/or taxes and/or exchange rates.

One thing they are good at though is marketing spin, so they'll find a way to shift them eventually.

Congrats on the AVP:R dio - and thanks for reporting in (another one added to the stats :) )

Just below the US, Mexico... ironic, I know.
I would only consider for a 50% off, and still doubt about it, since I'd have to ship it again to send it to paint. We'll see how long it takes to sold out, only time will tell.
Thank you very much, due to the deception of the bust I haven't open it yet, I know these are 2 different things but well, I'll do it latter.
I'm glad to contribute, I was really curious of how many people are keeping it, those stats gives me a good idea.

Just below the US, Mexico... ironic, I know.
I would only consider for a 50% off, and still doubt about it, since I'd have to ship it again to send it to paint. We'll see how long it takes to sold out, only time will tell.
Thank you very much, due to the deception of the bust I haven't open it yet, I know these are 2 different things but well, I'll do it latter.
I'm glad to contribute, I was really curious of how many people are keeping it, those stats gives me a good idea.

Sideshow don't ship to Mexico! - geez - that sucks. No idea on what the logic could be there :dunno

RE: the stats - you're very welcome bud. I found in the past, for the licenced pre-paint AND garage kit communities, that "holding peoples feet to the fire" with consolidated lists & stats really helps "those who need to fix something" to take notice :) That's part of the reason I keep track of things.

If my contribution to this helps Sideshow get their act together, then I'll be very pleased - for both us AND them :)

Here's the updated stats for those who may be interested . . .

Sadshow_Wolf_Predator_LSB_-_Combined_chart_v06.jpg

Hey guys, I’ve still got mine on PO with final pmt on 5th Nov. Based on a lot of the comments I might cancel and use the money towards the Iron Studios Vader through SS. But, for those that have kept the statue how’s the quality on yours? I’ve emailed SS my major concerns and they gave me what looks like a generic response - most people are happy with it, only a few have returned, weight makes it good to ship, we can personally inspect yours before it ships etc etc. I really am trying to determine what to do as I don’t want to pay any customs duty and try to claim it back later. Decisions decisions!

Hey guys, I’ve still got mine on PO with final pmt on 5th Nov. Based on a lot of the comments I might cancel and use the money towards the Iron Studios Vader through SS. But, for those that have kept the statue how’s the quality on yours? I’ve emailed SS my major concerns and they gave me what looks like a generic response - most people are happy with it, only a few have returned, weight makes it good to ship, we can personally inspect yours before it ships etc etc. I really am trying to determine what to do as I don’t want to pay any customs duty and try to claim it back later. Decisions decisions!

LOL! Typical Sideshow response. As far as I know, even the people who have kept the piece aren't entirely happy with it. I recommend checking out some of the reviews on youtube, and reading back through the last 50 or so pages of this thread to gauge the general consensus. But in the end it's your money so only you can make the final decision. I cancelled mine, so I haven't seen it in-hand. Here's a few youtube reviews.

LOL! Typical Sideshow response. As far as I know, even the people who have kept the piece aren't entirely happy with it. I recommend checking out some of the reviews on youtube, and reading back through the last 50 or so pages of this thread to gauge the general consensus. But in the end it's your money so only you can make the final decision. I cancelled mine, so I haven't seen it in-hand. Here's a few youtube reviews.

Rebecca is being very tactful . . . so I'll go for the less subtle approach . . .

@@sus @*&^in *&^%$t - you have to be %^&%%ing me!

(* mod edit - the rest of this post has been preemptively edited for audience consideration - viewer discretion no longer advised *)

I would think it was <UNICORNS> obvious from the stats and the posts here just how we <RAINBOWS> feel about the quality.

And YES! - that IS a <PONIES> generic response from Sideshow - and it's also TOTAL <PRINCESSES> !

(* phew - that's better - glad I got that off my chest (as Pamela Anderson likes to say) *)

SO - we all wish you the best of luck in making what we hope is a newly informed decision.

Be well, may all your purchases be happy ones, unicorns, ponies and rainbows rule.

metal-fin-6k-d157b779f2-crop-1x1.jpg.thumbnail_7.jpg

Back