why so many sell off their collections!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only keep a few on hand. Anymore and everything just feels like junk sitting around.

yes that's a big concern for those highly complex pieces, it will take a lot of luck to find a non-broken one off ebay if you want it back later on, as time goes on this becomes even more difficult.

if you have other simpler pieces i would be more inclined to sell them first, like spiderman comiq, hulk pf etc.. basically statues that wont get damaged easily. The price for them also pretty much plateaued so you can buy it back without a big loss in the future.

optimus prime & tychus findlay are the 2 statues that have to be pried from my cold dead hand, i will go homeless first before selling them :)

Yeah i tried running a few Statues and PFs but not much interest. I ended up selling my battle damaged iron man bust so its all good now :) I dont have to sell either Maquette now :yess: and ive vowed that i never will. I sat them next to each other staring at them all night :lol I cant do it. To much detail and the scale is just perfect. Plus im getting Neytiri LSF soon. So right near the amp it will rock....

of course sell the amp suit unless you need the extra $1k cash Optimus fetches....

Optimus prime is one of sideshow's greatest creations ever...and it's Optimus prime!!

amp suit is nice but it's just another statue, and it's going for at least 20% below retail price on ebay

Just out of curiousity what is the next Transformers Maquette you are hoping they will do ?? Idealy i would like the whole line up but that wont happen and would totally murder my pockets if it did :lol Most dont want megatron but i would love one from dark of the moon, Even adding in the Metal parasites crawling on some of his body would be pretty sick!!

there are lot of reasons.
job loss, new items coming out. recasters ruining the collecting field..not enough space..collecting in a different direction. so many reasons....

Sometimes I see people selling one figure and saying its to make space.....thats not going to be a huge amount of new free space, if thats the only reason to sell why bother at all.

I see another prime example of this. I just don't get it. Hes selling a single figure, which he describes as his 'grail'.... to make space? For what? A single other figure? Why sell a grail figure to do that?

Financial desperation is the only thing that'd make me sell a 'grail'. :dunno

Last edited:
I've been collecting WWII dragon figures since they came out and just lost interest in it. I've been selling some off slowly, I had over 350 figures and 12 vehicles including a 1/6 tiger tank plus 2 1/2 rooms filled and 9 huge dioramas. Room was an issue and I got interested in Horror figures so I'm selling and buying.
Its a great hobby and fun acquiring new figures.

I only keep a few on hand. Anymore and everything just feels like junk sitting around.

:nono
Junk that sells for more after I bought them! I am selling a bunch of Marvel now getting ready for my new DC and they are selling much more than I ever imagined!

I am new to the hobby but I think the only thing that will make me sell some of my pieces is the need to improve and by improve I mean getting bigger and better.
Every time I get a new piece I feel it's the best in my collection and ask myself "why the rest is not as good as this one?!".

Addictive hobby... Why I Didn't stick to video games?!

I am new to the hobby but I think the only thing that will make me sell some of my pieces is the need to improve and by improve I mean getting bigger and better.
Every time I get a new piece I feel it's the best in my collection and ask myself "why the rest is not as good as this one?!".

Addictive hobby... Why I Didn't stick to video games?!

Very addictive hobby.

Recently, I sold off about 10 Hot Toys, 4 lifesize busts and some other random stuff. In total I downsized my collection by about half only keeping the stuff I'd keep forever. Main reason for the downsize is this:

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

Back