Why no Star Trek Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we got an answer on this -

WZ8xhWQ.png

I bump this so as to encourage the Star Trek discussion from the latest Q&A thread to move here.

Star Trek is only happening in the States. It is not going to be a great selling on other parts of the globe. The movie was not so great in Asia.
I noticed even Star Trek was my mythology subject back in university in States.
I know it is a bit unfair to say they produce Leslie Cheung (who the hell was this guy for some of us?) but this character was so famous in HK & a legend. Howard is one of them who love this character. Well, maybe limited only to States will be a good strategy for them for Star Trek Line.

Swear to god I wasn't even thinking of Hot Toys Star Trek as something I wanted until yesterday. Only yesterday reading Howard's comments on it did I realise that if TWOK figures were made by Hot Toys I simply would not be able to pass on them.

All this time I assumed that for some reason HT couldn't get the rights to Star Trek, that it was being held in an iron grip by some crappy company. To hear that Hot Toys were actually approached to take the license and they rejected it.....damn shame.

Swear to god I wasn't even thinking of Hot Toys Star Trek as something I wanted until yesterday. Only yesterday reading Howard's comments on it did I realise that if TWOK figures were made by Hot Toys I simply would not be able to pass on them.

All this time I assumed that for some reason HT couldn't get the rights to Star Trek, that it was being held in an iron grip by some crappy company. To hear that Hot Toys were actually approached to take the license and they rejected it.....damn shame.

I still have hopes up that it was only for the reboot movies he rejected Star Trek, and that him not being a fan wouldn't have anything to do with making classic Trek figures. :dunno

Well we got an answer on this -

WZ8xhWQ.png

I bump this so as to encourage the Star Trek discussion from the latest Q&A thread to move here.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvrI3wy_TGk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvrI3wy_TGk[/ame]

coulson seems to be a big hit and very bland in the visually interesting department. have you seen some of the weird aliens on DS9?

TBH I think he's selling alot so people can complete the Avengers line up.

Yeah,Howard had mentioned in an interview about two years ago that they weren't interested in persuing the ST license and that the majority of HT employees were Star Wars fans.I'm pretty sure he meant the TV version as well as the film.^_^

Quality Star Trek far outweighs quality Star Wars. Damn shame there's going to be a Haydakin Skywalker figure but no Kirk or Spock from HT.

Guess HT is making enough money that he doesn't need to care what his potential customer base wants.Must be nice...PS

Back